Game Day Round 21 - Hawthorn v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our skill problem is evident however the easiest things to fix are ones that are effort related. It doesn't require talent. Too many players are picking and choosing and until we fix that up our skill level will remain irrelevant cos we're going nowhere at this rate. That 2nd quarter was as putrid an effort as you'll see. It's like they didn't even give a s**t.
That’s true.
Effort is important.

There’s a balance. We have coaching issues and list issues. I think the latter is more important as you can fix the former and still not matter if you can’t use the prune.

I'd love to hear the justification or explanation for a few decisions today

- non mark to Hawkins in the second
- followed by non mark to Henderson
That's a potential 2 goal turn around between those 2 decisions as the a Hawks kicked a goal from the play on call against Henderson

- the non 50m penalties against the Hawks after free kicks to Geelong, when the Hawks either failed to return the ball on the full or kicked it away after the umpire whistle
* 4th quarter, holding the ball against the Hawks but instead of returning the ball to Geelong, it was just dropped on the ground
* 3rd quarter (?) free against the Hawks, 2 whistles from the umpire and then the Hawks player kicks it away but all ok apparently
* Right at the end, the free to Blicavs at the centre bounce, Hawks player looks directly at the umpire to see his decision and then kicks it 40m away from the contest to give time for his teammates to get into defence

How come no 50m penalty in any of those situations

That’s true.
Effort is important.

There’s a balance. We have coaching issues and list issues. I think the latter is more important as you can fix the former and still not matter if you can’t use the prune.
Fair enough, at least we agree that there are multiple issues.

there's a few in the same boat, but Parsons should never be given the privilege of wearing a Geelong jumper again. I have a feeling Kolo is pretty close too.
Kola was good on Gunston today. Not sure what you were watching to be honest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back