toomanysquibs

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2006
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
I've always wanted to start a game day thread, sadly no time to write an intro given it's Friday, and I'm a mile behind my workload....

So it's that perennial Big Time match-up: The curious mix of the great unwashed, and high-brow private school boys (AKA the GFC) Vs. the greatest AFL show on earth (HFC), live at the MCG.

Clarkson has already fuelled the competitive fire with comments in the Press. Brad Scott... well he's a bonafide moron for the most part, and always ramps the interest factor up a notch or 6, given he likes to explain away losses with his particular brand of "I keep winning, even when I lose and look s**t" philosophy.

This game also serves as one of the final chances for the GFC to un-earth it's annual surprise inclusions in the 2018 All Australian team.

I can smell the anticipation all the way from GA in the USA.

It might also just be political environment here, or the smell of Cats fans peeing in their pants with fear that TOM and JOM have been joined by a WORP. Either way, it's kind of unpleasant.

September beckons for the Winner.

Last edited:

Absolutely. Win today then we can afford to lose to Shitney....as long as we best the Aints of course.

It’s going to be a chilly day. Don’t think we’ve seen these teams recently play each other in such poor conditions. It will be brutal.

Just hope the umps set the scene early on S Selwood who will scrap, block, push and pull Mitchell all day. A couple of early frees to Mitchell will send a message. Gotta protect the bloke actually going for the ball.
And get ready for Duckwood to receive a record amount of frees. The conditions will be perfect for that campaigner to exploit to his advantage.

Im already getting annoyed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will miss Howe. Stevic for Razor is a plus for us.

"Geelong had players with 24, 25, 27, 27, 29, 31 and 35 possessions, and every single one of them had markedly more efficient disposals than Mitchell."
Should pin this on Tom's locker!

This will take a team effort. Hope that we can bring the ball to ground inside 50 rather than provide them with marking practice.

Go Hawks!

Will miss Howe. Stevic for Razor is a plus for us.

"Geelong had players with 24, 25, 27, 27, 29, 31 and 35 possessions, and every single one of them had markedly more efficient disposals than Mitchell."
Should pin this on Tom's locker!

Go Hawks!
Who said that?

Conor Nash should just take a hand ball receive and run straight down the corridor, with a trail of desperate cats behind him and a posse of s**t scared cats in front of him. Run straight over them Jonah Lomu style, and goal. Repeat.

Wouldn’t matter if HFC were 3rd and Geelong were 12th - Geelong would still be favourites with the bookies.

Not entirely true as we were favourites in both home and away games in 2012 & 2013, which ultimately we ended up losing. Anyways on today, going to be a grind just do us proud lads and hopefully we have our noses in front when the final siren sounds.

Conor Nash should just take a hand ball receive and run straight down the corridor, with a trail of desperate cats behind him and a posse of s**t scared cats in front of him. Run straight over them Jonah Lomu style, and goal. Repeat.
Still worrying we are too tall for wet weather ....

Still worrying we are too tall for wet weather ....

We've had a sizeable injection of muscle and speed with Nash – granted he is as green as anyone we've debuted in a long time. But we smashed the Dees in the wet before we dropped off a bit, and as others have said, I don't think the weather will be a factor. We are good enough to win, especially now that our contested ball winners are finally as good, and as quick as theirs, and their backline is injury hit.

In my view the rain doesn't suit us, we use the footy the best in the Comp and we are the smaller side in terms of weight, particularly around the midfield. danger will dominate as will Selwood, we could be up against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back