Review Round 21 - Lions v Suns. Gabba Saturday 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As we head into another Q Clash who remembers this ripper of a game? The first ever Q Clash. This game had it all - speckies, bags of goals and critical goal umpire errors. Watch on to relive this memorable moment.

Wow
We actually moved the ball from defence to I50 without 26 touches in those days
Amazing

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
It was at that game I became a suns fan.

Gold Coast boy but lions member since 96 or so.

Was living 5 mins walk from the Gabba at the time and went to the game wearing my lions jersey but found myself cheering for my home town team.

Tom Lynch in 46!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
If we want to play 2 key fds, then King and Day playing better than 2MP. Fair enough.
If we want to play an extra tall defender (and we do), then Graham in for 2MP is also fair enough.

But Heron for Martin is not a good sign.
Heron not up to it yet (see how he goes next year).

If we can't get the best out of Jack Martin after 90+ games then it says a bit about us and a bit about him. Time to move on, even though we absolutely need players with his age profile, # of games played, and skills level. Going backwards again.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
If we want to play 2 key fds, then King and Day playing better than 2MP. Fair enough.
If we want to play an extra tall defender (and we do), then Graham in for 2MP is also fair enough.

But Heron for Martin is not a good sign.
Heron not up to it yet (see how he goes next year).

If we can't get the best out of Jack Martin after 90+ games then it says a bit about us and a bit about him. Time to move on, even though we absolutely need players with his age profile, # of games played, and skills level. Going backwards again.

This is on Martin - detest the way he has played this year. He asked Dew for more midfield time this year and then put in zero effort. So ******* lazy. Other players have got with the program this year with at least put in the high intensity effort but Martin is still yearning for the days he can have a few wines on match eve with Dicko or take his conditioning ques from Steven May.

Unfortunately we are paying the price for our original sins but at least the players age 23 and under haven't inherited his lazy habits.

Agree Heron not up to it but at least he is willing to follow Dew's instructions which means the rest of the player's can play team football without being worried that Martin has let his man out the back unattended.

Last edited:

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Interested to see how Crab Graham goes on debut today. Presumably he starts in the backline but I know he is also capable of playing forward so don't be surprised to see Dewy swing him forward if things aren't going our way. Good size at 195cms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
DEW went backward, I don't think he is the right person to coach GCS,back to Sydney game plan so boring.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
DEW went backward, I don't think he is the right person to coach GCS,back to Sydney game plan so boring.
mate Clarkson couldn't get this team to win, we have the youngest and easily the worst list in the league, he cant get the players to magically turn into good footballers overnight

Back