Review Round 21 - Lions v Suns. Gabba Saturday 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry but you are changing the subject are you seriously stating a State League team would beat the Suns because if you are l'm speechless frankly.
Yes I am seriously think so. Because you can't get AFL list players playing together more than 3 games without breaking down with injuries. This professional players can't even take care of their body, compare to semi pro players some even do drug and get caught like Essendon players or behaviour problem like Dixon and Campbell Brown.

Yes I am seriously think so. Because you can't get AFL list players playing together more than 3 games without breaking down with injuries. This professional players can't even take care of their body, compare to semi pro players some even do drug.
Wow just wow l don't know what to say.

The Suns would beat them by 150 points that is Melbourne media nonsense. They would destroy them.
100%

This is no different than the conversation that they have in the states with "Can Alabama beat the Cleveland Browns or could Duke beat the 76ers" (Back when the Browns and the 76ers were both objectively worse than the Suns currently are portrayed as)

The Anthony Miles being the MVP of the VFL last year says all that really needs to be said - Let's put a cork in this line of discussion. Nothing good can come out of it.

Struggling to see why Lyons was let go from this side
He didn't want to be here so we let him walk.

Short term pain is worth it if we get a bloke in that wants to be here long term and will end up being kore valuable for us than Lyons ever could.

Just because he puts up 30 touches an a couple of snags on a crippled list doesn't change this.

Least the suns managed over 50 points; unlike a couple results tonight.

I just think another preseason will help this group a lot. Nothing is ever as good or bad as it seems.

Like your attitude, Jen....don't stop.

Why are you here?

Exactly........

Does it matters? Just look at Lyons. You can keep drafting top 10 pick and get Murdoch, Hanley, GHS, miles type in, but result won't change. Good players will end up like prestia, O meara, may and Lynch all walk out eventually. GCS just shifting problem like musical chair every season.
If we don't have injuries, this and that , if injuries is the main problem go and solve it.

Peel, It's time you moved on and supported someone else, because all your posts lately surely aren't showing support for the Suns. All you seem to do, is criticize. Yeah sure there are negatives to be found, but if you're a true supporter you acknowledge the shortcomings but go BIG on the positives.....

You, I'm afraid, don't do any of this. Maybe you should support Essendon, they could do with your help. .

Last edited:
Yes I am seriously think so. Because you can't get AFL list players playing together more than 3 games without breaking down with injuries. This professional players can't even take care of their body, compare to semi pro players some even do drug and get caught like Essendon players or behaviour problem like Dixon and Campbell Brown.
Why do you write fluent English in every other thread apart from ours?
Your last post about Ed Langdon clearly demonstrates this. You’re simply trolling us at a time when we are suffering on field. If it’s part of your weird project then you’ve won, we’ve bitten. Please go away.

Completely agree

If anyone wants to see improvement, we set the goal of signing 10 out of the 14 out of contract players - we’re currently at 11.

If the team wasn’t progressing, they wouldn’t have signed on - if they believe in the rebuild so do I. Not all things can be measured in W&L
2 of those three would be the two most crucial to retain - Luko and King.

Suffered through another disaster but handling the taunts and teases from family and friends! My opinion hasn't changed on a few of the boys who seem to get a pass every week no matter how bad they and the team go - Heron 8 / Harbrow 9 / Sexton 8 / / McPherson 11 / Lemmens 10 and the list goes on. We will never win if players like these can't get to the upper teens or 20+ possessions in a game. Ainsworth and Bowes played OK but once Miles went down it was left to Swallow to shoulder the grunt work. Brodie would have helped but we need these guys who are now 2-3 season players to show more. Sexton kicks goals sure...but many are when the game is gone. We need him to go early not when we're 60+ points down. I'll be watching Marlion Pickett closely today for Richmond if he makes the cut - we could have taken him in mid season draft but passed over because of 'history' and broken thumb. Club needs to be much better in selecting the players we so desperately need - we have lots of front runners but very few tough, win the ball at all costs types. David Swallow is a gem out there and batters his body every week for the team. We just need more like him.

Really liked Sam day kicked a few snags but more importantly had great body language (2mpete)

Ainsworth has gone backwards on last year's form may be a lack of fitness but he has been a let down ..

Not sure dew did enough to get king into the game. Throw him into the ruck to learn

I can tell you Club aren't happy with certain parts of his game. Weller that is.
Ballard and Graham are going to be very good mid defenders.
Weller was almost invisible last night. He reminds me of an outside seagull in the mould of a Zaharakis or Polec, but doesn’t get nearly as many chips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really liked Sam day kicked a few snags but more importantly had great body language (2mpete)

Ainsworth has gone backwards on last year's form may be a lack of fitness but he has been a let down ..

Not sure dew did enough to get king into the game. Throw him into the ruck to learn
Not sure what you expect from Ainsworth. He injured his knee in round 1 when idiot Webster fell on his leg after the ball was long gone. Then he came back in round 4 and played several very good games before he broke a bone in his foot, while bravely playing out 2 more quarters against Cats round 9. He was out 9 weeks with it mostly no running. Of course his preseason base and form is gone (as Bowes, Lemmens).

You don't play King in the ruck in his first year, still 15kg ligher, just to get injured.

Struggling to see why Lyons was let go from this side
Salary cap dump partly plus his attitude was less than required for a senior player. We replaced him with Miles for half the price. Helped allow us to hang onto Bowes, Fiorini, Ainsworth etc.
Players will always look much better when surrounded by a better team. Haven’t seen Lyons getting a tag at Brisbane. He did a couple of times at the coast after some good form and didn’t handle it well.

Reading opposition supporters comments across BigFooty, even if they’re well intentioned, just shows to me the level of misunderstanding of our situation and the facts behind it. No doubt mostly brought on from inaccurate reporting through the Vic media, who as the Coch pointed out couldn’t even be bothered to actually come up here and see the good and hard work put in and progress made by the new regime, and also shed light on the unique difficulties facing us as a startup club in a non-football state in this day and age compared to other clubs. The Coch’s comments about us having a “reverse COLA” I thought were particularly pertinent, but how many people know we have to pay our players on average 10-15% more than other clubs just to get them to stay.

Not sure what you expect from Ainsworth. He injured his knee in round 1 when idiot Webster fell on his leg after the ball was long gone. Then he came back in round 4 and played several very good games before he broke a bone in his foot, while bravely playing out 2 more quarters against Cats round 9. He was out 9 weeks with it mostly no running. Of course his preseason base and form is gone (as Bowes, Lemmens).

You don't play King in the ruck in his first year, still 15kg ligher, just to get injured.

King can play against the rest ruck English is playing 1st ruck.. it's about getting him into the game the fox guys suggested playing high hf to get him into the game

Ainsworth Has played ten games. Floini had a bad run last year but showed signs his game went to a new level.Ainsworth hasn't imo..

Reading opposition supporters comments across BigFooty, even if they’re well intentioned, just shows to me the level of misunderstanding of our situation and the facts behind it. No doubt mostly brought on from inaccurate reporting through the Vic media, who as the Coch pointed out couldn’t even be bothered to actually come up here and see the good and hard work put in and progress made by the new regime, and also shed light on the unique difficulties facing us as a startup club in a non-football state in this day and age compared to other clubs. The Coch’s comments about us having a “reverse COLA” I thought were particularly pertinent, but how many people know we have to pay our players on average 10-15% more than other clubs just to get them to stay.

Huh ? The media are a joke but what reporting are you talking about? The afl is trying too fix up the mess they made and the media is very kind towards a rebuilding team that has lost 17 games in a row..(rightly so)

do you think the media would of been kind if Carlton were almost over the salary cap?

Huh ? The media are a joke but what reporting are you talking about? The afl is trying too fix up the mess they made and the media is very kind towards a rebuilding team that has lost 17 games in a row..(rightly so)

do you think the media would of been kind if Carlton were almost over the salary cap?
The reporting that is based on opinions and not facts I.e. The Melbourne media comprised of boys club ex-players and others who aren’t even interested in coming up to see how the club is run but can only judge from afar by onfield results. Hence there is a significant number of the football public who see the club as a rabble who need to fold and move to Tasmania. James Brayshaw the other day was having a big sook is just one example.

The reporting that is based on opinions and not facts I.e. The Melbourne media comprised of boys club ex-players and others who aren’t even interested in coming up to see how the club is run but can only judge from afar by onfield results. Hence there is a significant number of the football public who see the club as a rabble who need to fold and move to Tasmania. James Brayshaw the other day was having a big sook is just one example.

James comments aside as I agree were trash the media has been very kind to where the suns are. Really this is year 1 of the club.

The suns will more then likely receive a pp pick 2 when just two years ago they traded one away.so you must understand the footy public questioning what's going on.. they don't know about Evans and co doing wonders 🤷‍♂️

King can play against the rest ruck English is playing 1st ruck.. it's about getting him into the game the fox guys suggested playing high hf to get him into the game

Ainsworth Has played ten games. Floini had a bad run last year but showed signs his game went to a new level.Ainsworth hasn't imo..
Agree King could’ve been moved up the ground but not ruck. English is 22 and always a ruckman, King has only just turned 19. The big O, Brisbane’s second ruck is a big gangly 107kg whereas King is just 87kg!!!

Agree King could’ve been moved up the ground but not ruck. English is 22 and always a ruckman, King has only just turned 19. The big O, Brisbane’s second ruck is a big gangly 107kg whereas King is just 87kg!!!

Played on Andrews who is 100 kg 🤷‍♂️

James comments aside as I agree were trash the media has been very kind to where the suns are. Really this is year 1 of the club.

The suns will more then likely receive a pp pick 2 when just two years ago they traded one away.so you must understand the footy public questioning what's going on.. they don't know about Evans and co doing wonders 🤷‍♂️
Traded away what 2 years ago?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back