Toast Round 21 = Melbourne 89-96 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

We seem to have arrived at a highly functioning forward line, which includes a four gamer in AJ. Am I in heaven?

After the game AJ talked about the work he does with Checkers which - in simple terms - I take to mean that our two biggest forwards have figured out how not to get in each other’s way.

Friday night’s forward efficiency was off the radar good.

We seem to have arrived at a highly functioning forward line, which includes a four gamer in AJ. Am I in heaven?

After the game AJ talked about the work he does with Checkers which - in simple terms - I take to mean that our two biggest forwards have figured out how not to get in each other’s way.

Now we can concentrate our recruiting efforts for a couple of hard inside mids and a forward gorilla stopping full back.

Just loving this year absolutely - from 2nd last to 2nd top. Credit to ALL coaches. Fly take a bow.

At long last the WHOLE club seems to be functioning as it should - harmony between FD, CEO, Board etc - oh happy days!

Just loving this year absolutely - from 2nd last to 2nd top. Credit to ALL coaches. Fly take a bow.

At long last the WHOLE club seems to be functioning as it should - harmony between FD, CEO, Board etc - oh happy days!

It’s taken a while to get here.😊

True - a new Board (who understand governance and STFU) and, I believe in a first for Cwood, a proper process to select the senior coach.

Also credit for now ensuring that our indigenous players really know they are part of the fabric and totally 100% included, supported and valued.

Last edited:
True - a new Board (who understand governance and STFU) and, I believe in a first for Cwood, a proper process to select senior coach.

Also credit for now ensuring that our indigenous players really know they are part of the fabric and totally 100% included, supported and valued.

This is the highlight of the season for me.

I honestly thought that the Do Better report and process was just an exercise in improving our societal "optics" but it appears the Club has made a genuine attempt to shift our behaviours and culture.

Will be a blueprint for a lot of clubs going forward.

True - a new Board (who understand governance and STFU) and, I believe in a first for Cwood, a proper process to select senior coach.

100%. AJ also kept referring to how much support he is getting, how comfortable he is. And boy, is that showing on the field.

Feels like a new Collingwood, whatever happens for the rest of the season. We seem to have used our considerable resources very well - dare I say for once? - and effectively transformed the club in a relatively short time.

This is the highlight of the season for me.

I honestly thought that the Do Better report and process was just an exercise in improving our societal "optics" but it appears the Club has made a genuine attempt to shift our behaviours and culture.

Will be a blueprint for a lot of clubs going forward.

I had faith in the Do Better report and process.

Didn’t really take that long

We made a grand final in 2018.

The board/coaching/list changes/do better distractions really only kicked off in the 2020 salary cap off-season. We had a bad year on field in 2021…by the end of the year we had a new board and coaching panel. The last and near to final distraction was jordys bathrobe incident… with his nonsensical overblown distraction in Bali the last of the bad stuff.

It’s taken a year and a half to turn the ship around. That’s nothing!

Didn’t really take that long

We made a grand final in 2018.

The board/coaching/list changes/do better distractions really only kicked off in the 2020 salary cap off-season. We had a bad year on field in 2021…by the end of the year we had a new board and coaching panel. The last and near to final distraction was jordys bathrobe incident… with his nonsensical overblown distraction in Bali the last of the bad stuff.

It’s taken a year and a half to turn the ship around. That’s nothing!

I was responding to the post about the whole club functioning better, not just the team or football department.

I think it’s been years since the club has functioned this well. Lots of it was poorly run in Buckley’s time (I’m talking about the administration and footy dept stuff ups, not Bucks’ coaching).

I was responding to the post about the whole club functioning better, not just the team or football department.

I think it’s been years since the club has functioned this well. Lots of it was poorly run in Buckley’s time (I’m talking about the administration and footy dept stuff ups, not Bucks’ coachig

Like I said, we made a grand final in 2018. Sheed misses, we win, we gloss over the poorly run bits. Perception is everything

Went out on a 2nd date tonight with a lovely lady. In honour of last nights win, we consumed some delicious Peking duck. It was her suggestion too. I think she might be a keeper.

Did the night end with some roleplay? Her as Bruzzy and you as ANB?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m hoping Leon, Krak and Jetta are going to be a great influence on AJ helping him settle into life in Melbourne and that we can a great player for years to come.
His set shot kicking for goal is great as we saw on Friday, with one exception of course. 😂 He seems to be so cool under pressure. I’m waiting for him to take an absolute hanger, it’s coming I can feel it.

Fair enough. But it’s good to not have to gloss over.😊

Yep!

I truly believe the fire sale was the turning point. We were forced to get rid of some players who didnt suit our future plans, and invest in a dozen kids because that’s all we could afford. It was the beginning of the end for the board and coaching administrations.

Thank you Ned Guy. Without your incompetence we wouldn’t be where we are today.

I’m hoping Leon, Krak and Jetta are going to be a great influence on AJ helping him settle into life in Melbourne and that we can a great player for years to come.
His set shot kicking for goal is great as we saw on Friday, with one exception of course. He seems to be so cool under pressure. I’m waiting for him to take an absolute hanger, it’s coming I can feel it.

And the reason Bobby Hill will choose us

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep!

I truly believe the fire sale was the turning point. We were forced to get rid of some players who didnt suit our future plans, and invest in a dozen kids because that’s all we could afford. It was the beginning of the end for the board and coaching administrations.

Thank you Ned Guy. Without your incompetence we wouldn’t be where we are today.

I actually supported the fire sale at the time, and regularly posted on that. I felt sorry for Treloar and the way he was treated, but I thought at the time that of all our overpaid players who had to go to relieve the cap, he was the most likely. But our midfield has suffered because of it.

I actually supported the fire sale at the time, and regularly posted on that. I felt sorry for Treloar and the way he was treated, but I thought at the time that of all our overpaid players who had to go to relieve the cap, he was the most likely. But our midfield has suffered because of it.
I've always supported the 'fire sale; because we had zero choice - the true villain though was Beams - however we handled it poorly.

The morons simply have NFI how to construct a sensible rule.
“Brad, can you step in to my meeting room. We need to nut something out.”
“Sure Gill, what’s the issue?”
“Bloody ducking of course. Too many head high tackles. Free kick… no free kick… yes or no? It’s a shambles. And that Gilligan bloke is giving everyone the shits. My phone’s ringing off the hook. I can’t get a minute’s peace.”
“I think it’s Ginnivan, isn’t it?”
“Detail, Brad. For god’s sake try and focus on the big picture for once. We need a new rule.”
“OK, I’ll find that old whiteboard and dust it off. Who else do we need in the room?
“HR, obviously. Legal. Finance. Risk & Insurance. Diversity. PR — we’ll need this on the website by lunchtime.”
“Maybe someone for footy knowledge?”
“That’s your bloody job Brad — weren’t you a coach or something?”
“Right you are boss. It was so long ago I’d forgotten, haha.”
“Not funny. Meeting room, now. Should take 10 minutes at the most.”

Did the night end with some roleplay? Her as Bruzzy and you as ANB?
A gentleman never tells.

Now excuse me while I go for a swim at St Kilda beach for my recovery session.

Is Pendles trying to roll back the years?
He's now sporting a Bruzzy style haircut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back