Toast Round 21 = Melbourne 89-96 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually I made 3 errors not just two. No more posting when straight out of bed for this little insomniac.
Don't think I didn't see the other error but the human side of me left that one out.

Talking of insomnia..... I need to stop doing Wordle at midnight!

Can someone with a bit more footy nous explain to me how we keep losing Center clearances?

We tend to win the hit outs more often than not and I feel like we would have a “set play” for whichever direction the ball goes?

Is it just that other players are better at reading the ball than us even though we win the taps?
sr36 could contribute more than he is currently doing. Ask him. I am sure he has more than a thought or two on the topic that he would care to share.

sr36 could contribute more than he is currently doing. Ask him. I am sure he has more than a thought or two on the topic that he would care to share.
I just think it's personnel and our midfielders don't have as clean hands as any other midfield around - we fumble the first touch too often. And the couple that are really clean with their ball handling - Pendles and Lippa - are slow and not strong.

I just think it's personnel and our midfielders don't have as clean hands as any other midfield around - we fumble the first touch too often. And the couple that are really clean with their ball handling - Pendles and Lippa - are slow and not strong.
Its clear when you watch a player like Lachie Neale. His touch in close is elite

And if you replace Pendles and Lippa with clean DE bulls like Clarry, Viney and Trac, well.................

What's also contributing to the problem is >not< clean HO, like Cameron to Degs at the throw in the fwd pocket - all too rare, especially at Centre bounce.

What we are good at is after the centre bounce, we are good at turnover, that implies closing space on the oppo without ball >and< holding shape outside the contest on the ball win.

But you're right we need to sure up the centre contest, can't rely on pressure after the fact in september.

I’m still on cloud nine about this game….the number of game changing monstrous tackles was amazing

From memory….

Maynard’s gang tackle on Langdon, wrapping him up like a Peking Duck pancake
Maynard’s. chest charge on Neil-bullshit
Three strong tackles by Elliott resulting in three goals
Mccreery rag dolling May.
Daicos doing a David and Goliath anD also bringing May down

I’m still on cloud nine about this game….the number of game changing monstrous tackles was amazing

From memory….

Maynard’s gang tackle on Langdon, wrapping him up like a Peking Duck pancake
Maynard’s. chest charge on Neil-bullshit
Three strong tackles by Elliott resulting in three goals
Mccreery rag dolling May.
Daicos doing a David and Goliath anD also bringing May down
It speaks volumes when the clubs website top 5 highlights features 5 of those tackles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back