Preview Round 21: Ports vs. Sydney

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Up to 15 mills forecast for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Ports must be playing at home. We should seriously be sponsored by The Farmers Federation.

It’s nuts isn’t it, and all I have is winemakers telling me they’ve had stuff all rain, maybe Adelaide should of been growing crops in the plains after all....

We should win, which means we will lose.

I can't make it this week, which usually means we win.

Its the worlds greatest conundrum

Last edited:

HinkleysHeroes

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is sad but I'd be more confident of a win if we were playing away. Fingers crossed we rock up to play all 4 quarters again.

We should win, which means we will lose.

I can't make it this week, which usually means we win.

Its the worlds greatest conundrum

Your tip will be the tiebreaker then. Tip the Swans and I'll put my house on us.

elee

All Australian
Jun 10, 2017
Darling Point, Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leicester City FC
1.40 seems a bit short. I guess they're betting on the Swans not wanting to improve their ladder position from here.

Swans has nothing to play for.. coach is tired. team is battered. winless for last few rounds. probably just in town to sample some Tanunda Port & wine. Issac is playing his 100th game. maybe they'll be motivated. mmmeh

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We’ve done well against Sydney recently, we should win this one and easily.

Rain evens things out a lot though, * I’m sick of us playing in the wet this year.

elee

All Australian
Jun 10, 2017
Darling Point, Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leicester City FC
but Kern says we will win... season has been IGNITED!!

Jack_1870

Premium Gold
Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Anyone know Port's win loss ratio for wet and dry games?
We obviously had a good game against West Coast in the wet but not much else I reckon..

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Should be fun :)

Ljc_86

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Should be fun :)

View attachment 721897

I hope this is wrong.. coming over with some mates and it’s their first time in Adelaide. Looks like it’s going to be memorable

Crap timeslot
Crap forecast
Can’t get there ‘cause kids sports
Sub 25k crowd
Buddy with the winner on the siren
Bookmark it

We are well and truly ****ed if Buddy kicks the winner.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
We've really had the worst of the worst of the weather this season at AO. Can't remember anything like it.

s**t time slot, Sydney with no supporters here, Hinkley on the nose with members and supporters.
100% sub 25k.

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Heading over this afternoon. Looking forward to it, despite the forecast. Footy at AO is a great experience.

If we can't beat a bottom-four team at home then we have no business being in the top eight. Just hoping that the relative quiet from the Club this week is a good sign that we won't be messing too much with selections this afternoon.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
They can still make the eight, but Ken Hinkley’s side should probably already be well-placed to feature in the finals. Their accuracy has been the third-worst in the AFL this year (43.8 per cent), ahead of only St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs. But it’s best summed up like this: if Port’s accuracy was at the AFL average this year, they would be sixth on the ladder right now. They’d be averaging 90 points a game but, because of their inaccuracy, are actually averaging just 81 — that’s the difference between being 10th in scoring and in the top three.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They can still make the eight, but Ken Hinkley’s side should probably already be well-placed to feature in the finals. Their accuracy has been the third-worst in the AFL this year (43.8 per cent), ahead of only St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs. But it’s best summed up like this: if Port’s accuracy was at the AFL average this year, they would be sixth on the ladder right now. They’d be averaging 90 points a game but, because of their inaccuracy, are actually averaging just 81 — that’s the difference between being 10th in scoring and in the top three.

I'd love to see this done again and adjusted for difficulty of shot.

Is it the players not kicking well or the game plan not getting them into good position?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back