Preview Round 21: Ports vs. Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to see this done again and adjusted for difficulty of shot.

Is it the players not kicking well or the game plan not getting them into good position?
hqdefault.jpg

Got this forecast from my mate Weatherchap who works for Weatherzone.

Just had a look. The best chance for hail is tonight and Friday night. Only a small chance on Saturday and that would be most likely in the arvo. Sat morning only has a very small chance for hail in fact it looks like a big break in the showers from about sunrise to midday, apart from parts of southern suburbs

Looks like Fox sports are tipping a big win for Port\\

==
PORT ADELAIDE v SYDNEY SWANS (Campbell Heath Cup)

Saturday August 10, 2.10pm at Adelaide Oval

How to watch on Fox Footy: Channel 503 from 2pm with Adam Papalia, Jason Dunstall, Mark Ricciuto, Cameron Mooney and Neroli Meadows.

Power’s burning question: Has Port Adelaide kicked itself out of September?

They can still make the eight, but Ken Hinkley’s side should probably already be well-placed to feature in the finals. Their accuracy has been the third-worst in the AFL this year (43.8 per cent), ahead of only St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs. But it’s best summed up like this: if Port’s accuracy was at the AFL average this year, they would be sixth on the ladder right now. They’d be averaging 90 points a game but, because of their inaccuracy, are actually averaging just 81 — that’s the difference between being 10th in scoring and in the top three.

Swans’ burning question: Are they due a win … or a big loss?

They keep getting younger each week at selection, but the Swans also keep taking it up to their opponents. John Longmire’s side has been in the game in all five of its consecutive losses, with only Geelong beating them by more than 10 points in a game that blew out late. That usually means one of two things; either this team has been unlucky and is due to win a close game (after all, performance in close games is basically random overall) … or they’re due to get tired and really get blown out in a thumping loss. If Port Adelaide is at its best, the latter could well be on the cards this Saturday.

Fox Footy expert tippers verdict: Port Adelaide 8 — Sydney Swans 0

Looks like Fox sports are tipping a big win for Port\\

==
PORT ADELAIDE v SYDNEY SWANS (Campbell Heath Cup)

Saturday August 10, 2.10pm at Adelaide Oval

How to watch on Fox Footy: Channel 503 from 2pm with Adam Papalia, Jason Dunstall, Mark Ricciuto, Cameron Mooney and Neroli Meadows.

Power’s burning question: Has Port Adelaide kicked itself out of September?

They can still make the eight, but Ken Hinkley’s side should probably already be well-placed to feature in the finals. Their accuracy has been the third-worst in the AFL this year (43.8 per cent), ahead of only St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs. But it’s best summed up like this: if Port’s accuracy was at the AFL average this year, they would be sixth on the ladder right now. They’d be averaging 90 points a game but, because of their inaccuracy, are actually averaging just 81 — that’s the difference between being 10th in scoring and in the top three.

Swans’ burning question: Are they due a win … or a big loss?

They keep getting younger each week at selection, but the Swans also keep taking it up to their opponents. John Longmire’s side has been in the game in all five of its consecutive losses, with only Geelong beating them by more than 10 points in a game that blew out late. That usually means one of two things; either this team has been unlucky and is due to win a close game (after all, performance in close games is basically random overall) … or they’re due to get tired and really get blown out in a thumping loss. If Port Adelaide is at its best, the latter could well be on the cards this Saturday.

Fox Footy expert tippers verdict: Port Adelaide 8 — Sydney Swans 0

I'd love to have one home game this year where I'm not stressed until the final whistle. Have we had a home win that wasn't painful?

I'd love to have one home game this year where I'm not stressed until the final whistle. Have we had a home win that wasn't painful?

I remember saying during the Kangaroos game when we got 7 goals up with about 10 minutes to go "finally I can just sit back and relax at a home game". Then we proceeded to concede 5 goals in a row. gg Port.

It's August and the only teams we've beaten at home are Bolton Carlton, Scott North, the Gold Coast SUNS and Geelong. And only the SUNS game was anywhere close to convincing. What a joke we are.
No wonder people don't want to turn up. Pretty annoying that once in a while when the team decides they want to play footy, it's during an away game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is the exact type of match he have generally been beaten in over the years, add to that the weather and we have a classic Hinkley capitulation on the cards. I heard westhoff talk during the week and his talking-up of the team has me very worried that we will choke again. The positive is its another nail in Hinkley's coffin

I’m confident of a win tomorrow and if we get through the game with no injuries or suspensions, I would suggest that we will then select the “real” 22 for the North Melbourne game and for future games.
This selected team for Saturday match is not our “real” 22.
The “real” 22 must include at least Lycett and Wines even if their Magpie form on Sunday is just meh!!
If Dixon’s form on Saturday is not good an opening for Billy or Dougal may exist?
Then there is the return of Burton from injury?

Or perhaps Kenny and coaching staff are being a bit too cute?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back