Up the Coasters Round 21- Positives and more positives v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

He's building but he still has some genuine head scratcher moments - his decision making can be baffling on occasion. And that handball to the Essendon player was up there.
True 'nuff, but same could be said about a clutch of senior players especially in the 1st qtr...with years of experience.

Do we need to spend such a high pick on a KPD though? We usually do alright finding good ones with late picks.
If we're going for Curtin I think it's with the view of turning him into a forward or a mid.
True but when push comes to shove good defence usually beats good offense so they are worth spending draft capital on.

McIntosh Jakovich Brennan
Hunter Glass
McGovern Schofield Barrass

I dunno.... I reckon there is an AFL quality, bonafide premiership quality player there, but Sheed is not an easy plug and play, he needs coaching.

He has to be at his absolute best and and we need to utilise his kicking better. Aggressive half forward or defensive wing for mine, maybe a bit of both. He's a hard runner but slow, decent in traffic but awful on defence.

There's a player there but they need to find it and the first step is acknowledging his deficiencies.
with Sheed, his faults are mental, i feel. He has a great tank and can kick well, but he has no idea how the play goes i think. He gets a mark and stops every time, unsure of where to go. Also, he thinks he doesnt have to be accountable so plays off his opponent and never chases.

Loved the style of play in the 2nd half with both the Senior & young players contributing. We have had a bit of continuity recently and it is starting to show with a nice mix of experience & youth. Was really impressed by Luke Edwards game, actually looked quite classy out there except for that 1 passage of play.

The midfield is still a major issue Kelly aside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a good laugh and then realised we went 16 losses in a row this year (between rnd 2 and beating North).
ah, but it wasnt 17 now was it?

Also, they lost their last game in 2000 so 18 on the trot.

whew for a second then i thought we were the worst!

I don't agree sorry, I think we can only play one of Waterman & Maric in the forward line. We need the other tall forward to be true key position size imo, someone who can take some of the focus off Allen.

Uuhhh...Maric looks as tall as Oscar to me. Oscar just has a few more pre-seasons under his belt and added meat to the bones.

Uuhhh...Maric looks as tall as Oscar to me. Oscar just has a few more pre-seasons under his belt and added meat to the bones.
Footy Wire has him at 193 cm 84 kg. On the AFL App player profile he is listed as a key forward 196 cm 93 kg ?.

How useless is the ‘pressure gauge’?

they threw it up in the 3 rd quarter, and had us really low, but we were holding Essendon, stopping them going forward, commentators banged on about the gauge and how bad we were, while we were kicking goals and getting back into the contest at that exact time.

I’ve never seen it been explained and generally find this gauge to be irrelevant to what’s going on in a game.
The pressure was on the Bombers thats for sure.

Maric is such a likable player. Ever since he got here you can see all the fans just like him for doing the basics. Can only imagine how easy he would be to coach.

Very clever, very clean with the ball, makes the right decisions. Similar to Long. If you told me he was a pick 10 in the 2021 ND I'd believe it.

It's a fascinating study to see how we're going to use him going forward. If we really want him as a weapon it needs to be exploiting his sublime foothills as much as possible. Get him delivering inside 50 and being the link man.

The OG Tom Lynch role. High forward who runs up and back all day being the connection from mid to FWD.

What's his weakness? Overhead marking I think? He's not a marking forward, he's a leading one. AKA... Gunston.

Bock.
I have seen him take some very good overhead marks, maybe its pack marks you are referring to?

kinda incredible how this was Hough less than two years ago. I low key expected him to be a slow burn being that skinny. Now I wouldn’t be surprised if he is the first from the 2021 draft crew to break out next season
View attachment 1766527
Jeez i was wondering why you put a photo of a rake up until i read your post and realised that is a human.

I don't agree sorry, I think we can only play one of Waterman & Maric in the forward line. We need the other tall forward to be true key position size imo, someone who can take some of the focus off Allen.
I believe that Maric is the same height as JK and Oscar (196) and Jake is about 192. If we got a 200cm in as well it would probably give more options but the really big guys don’t seem to deliver all that often.

Be interesting to see how we set up going forward.

Dunno, might be deceiving.
When I saw him in the WAFL he was lined up on Tobe Watson and they looked the same height and Tobe is listed as anywhere from 188 - 190.
Either way he doesn't play as a FF/CHF imo, more of a third tall running forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back