Trades Round 21 Fantasy Trades - The F*** You Leon Edition.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can neither confirm or deny......

It is interesting with Mills though - and it's funny how we view different players. I just looked at my sides history and I grabbed him in Rd 8 - but had noticed him prior to that. But I didn't really consider Parish - who was also going very well by that stage. I think some sub-conscious bias pushes you towards and away from certain players. Overcoming that and looking at the players - not what you think of them - is very important....
Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't...

Everyone else was raving over how cheap Dusty was at various times during the season. I distinctly remember saying he was too inconsistent for me to ever touch him, even when the numbers were saying to take him.

On the flipside, my brain steered me away from both Milller and Steele early in the season, and now I've ended up paying top dollar for both at the tail end of the season...

Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't...

Everyone else was raving over how cheap Dusty was at various times during the season. I distinctly remember saying he was too inconsistent for me to ever touch him, even when the numbers were saying to take him.

On the flipside, my brain steered me away from both Milller and Steele early in the season, and now I've ended up paying top dollar for both at the tail end of the season...

Agreed, but I think you have looked at the player and decided his role wasn't for you - which - having owned the *@#$*@#$(@#)%)%-er since Rd 2 - until a few weeks back - was the correct call....

I was lucky with Touk, I picked him up very late in draft - so I was watching his scores closely - but my fire damaged side took a long while to generate the cash to allow me to get him....

Yeh probably the wisest move. Merrett has fairly high ownership though. Is there a resource around that has the top % ownership for players in the top 100?
Do you have Petracca? He’s been a huge unique for me.
Last 5 game average of 128.2.

Newman to Marshall is a :lock:

2nd trade could be Hurn to Stewart/Whit
Or
Tarranto to B. Smith/ sidey + cash
Changed my thinking slightly
Going to Hurn to either Whitfield or Stewart doesn't fill me with too much confidence.

So thinking now Tarranto to Marshall
And
Hurn to Crisp

Leaves me with 67k ITB
then following week downgrade Garcia and have 800k to turn Newman into best mid (Guthrie Adams Fiorini)

Or if Newman goes well and Hunter not then upgrade him into premo mid

What is the best upgrade.

Tim Kelly to Miller

Or

Houston to Mills

Or

Ridley to Mills

Or

Taranto and Ridley to Marshall and Crisp

Or

Kelly and Ridley to Cerra and Marshall

Last edited:
Just quietly, GWS on Friday night is absolutely elite. Means I can put Peatling D7 and with a decent score of say 65+ I can trade Bianco out and then use that cash to get to someone decent compared to say trading out a Newcombe, only issue is won't be able to trade Taranto out.

Not even Leon can * this up.

Just quietly, GWS on Friday night is absolutely elite. Means I can put Peatling D7 and with a decent score of say 65+ I can trade Bianco out and then use that cash to get to someone decent compared to say trading out a Newcombe, only issue is won't be able to trade Taranto out.

Not even Leon can fu** this up.

hold-on-now-wait-a-god-damn-minute.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it funny that at the end of the season, I'm actually hoping for some of my rookies to be dropped.

I have Rantall in the MID, but my midfield is all premos, so not looking to loop.

DEF and RUC are also all premos, so no loop there either.

The only line I would like to loop is FWD, where I have Bramble and Ruscoe onfield. Unfortunately, the only rookies I can use there are Briggs (plays Friday night), Madden of Ford (both of whom played last week). If one of them were dropped this week, I probably wouldn't shed a tear.

Just had a look at Taranto's games since he debuted.

Only 1 game where he had 0 tackles, rnd 14 2017 when he was injured early. 0 tackles in the last 2 games means he's carrying a shoulder injury, tweaked it again 3rd quarter. There's a reason he's known as Tarantula, his game is built around tackling.

Cameron has form playing injured or underdone mids Fwd.

Both Taranto and Houston (also carrying a shoulder injury) are must trades for me this week, so again no thoughts of luxury upgrades for me.

Just looked at my side and i have way yo many problems for 2 trades *

Darcy who shouldn't be playing although * i love him
TT who needs to be traded thanks to ******* Cameron
Sharp who obviously can't be trusted to at least go 65+
Jelly who is in doubt again with an ankle it seems
And i still have Bramble on ground

How the * did it get so late in the year and i am still forced to have 2 rookies on field. Man this year has sucked

God this is doing my head in.

• Option 1: Get all rookies off-field (Bianco > Lloyd) and play Hind/Houston/Kelly/Harmes (shudders)
  • Option 2: Upgrade underperforming premos (Houston/Harmes > Lloyd/Whitfield) and play Bianco
I know you should always prioritize getting rookies off-field, but my god Houston/Kelly/Harmes (normally) are horrible!

thoughts?

Just had a look at Taranto's games since he debuted.

Only 1 game where he had 0 tackles, rnd 14 2017 when he was injured early. 0 tackles in the last 2 games means he's carrying a shoulder injury, tweaked it again 3rd quarter. There's a reason he's known as Tarantula, his game is built around tackling.

Cameron has form playing injured or underdone mids Fwd.

Both Taranto and Houston (also carrying a shoulder injury) are must trades for me this week, so again no thoughts of luxury upgrades for me.
Source on the shoulder? You could put the no tackles down to his role

The one saving grace with Cameron is he seems to take the team sheet seriously. Where he’s named with Hopper out will be telling

Source on the shoulder? You could put the no tackles down to his role

The one saving grace with Cameron is he seems to take the team sheet seriously. Where he’s named with Hopper out will be telling
He got a knock on his shoulder late in the 3rd 1/4. Yes, you could put down no tackles because of his role, there's something not right for a bloke who's averaging nearly 6 tackles/game over his career to not laying 1 tackle in 2 games.

It's an assumption by me but Cameron did the same with Kelly early in the year

i have seriously considered trading Jack Steele down to a fallen premium, so that i can get Bramble up to a premium and complete my team.

Traded out Macrae when he was 880k a few weeks back and since then has only averaged 100. So that cash grab worked. But i really like having Steele in my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back