Round 21 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hmm, I appreciate the counsel. Does it change anything if I mention I'm about 10 places out of $1k? I feel like I need to take a risk. EVERYONE has Pendles. EVERYONE has Merrett, Danger, Hanners, Doc, Shaw, Gawn, Goldy.

If carnage is coming the trades will be gold... but I'm not sure carnage is coming this year with the pre-finals bye.

I guess I'm thinking aloud whether I can find an edge with better loopholing or by being intentionally different (jumping on Cripps or Gibbs or something) to try to make up ground.

Otherwise I'm basically wheeling out Gray, Buddy, Sloane, JPK and hoping they outscore the other folks like Rockliff, Ward, Neale, Wells. It did happen in Rnd 19. It most decidedly did not happen in Rnd 20.

Your (and everybodys) remaining trades diminish in value with each round that passes.

If you are confident enough in no carnage on the horizon, it is best for you to use your trades as soon as you can (ie 2 this week) to maximise possible benefits.

Pick 2 blokes everyone has that you think will be below average over the next 3 weeks and trade them out for 2 blokes who you think will score above average the next 3 weeks.
Simples.

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
upload_2016-8-12_18-21-27.png

YOLO?

bbco49

Team Captain
Feb 1, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pacers, SF 49ers
Is McVeigh to Johanissen worth a trade to try pick-up an extra 20-30 points in a must win final this week? 3 trades left

Is McVeigh to Johanissen worth a trade to try pick-up an extra 20-30 points in a must win final this week? 3 trades left

wont be 30 points difference between them imo - maybe 10-15 either way

seems big time sideways

if going for a hail mary look for a forward who mite snag 7+ goals

Gene Simmons

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2007
Melbourne Rock City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Done!

I've completed my 2nd trade, I ended up going:
Wingard -> Dahl
Birchall -> Doc

Now just 1 trade/$50k to go.. Hopefully get through my Semi Final this week with no carnage please :cool:

Appreciate everyone for all their advice throughout the season, and I have to admit I'm pretty satisfied with how my team has turned out :D

upload_2016-8-13_11-3-12.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants

Debutant
Aug 2, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Guys I'm down by 288 with Rance Bartel and Selwood. I have two trades left and the aim is my cash league. Do you think it's worth bringing in Enright for either Bartel or Rance to win it? Thanks for your help

May 6, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Guys I'm down by 288 with Rance Bartel and Selwood. I have two trades left and the aim is my cash league. Do you think it's worth bringing in Enright for either Bartel or Rance to win it? Thanks for your help

Bartel > Enright

Disagree. Bartel has had three out of the last five under 65. That's pathetic. Enright is flying. I think the dickhead coach has pissed him off with this contract business. He's been terrible since the bye and Enright is averaging somewhere near 120 in that time. It's worth a crack, might blow up in your face but it makes sense.

Bartel > Enright

Disagree. Bartel has had three out of the last five under 65. That's pathetic. Enright is flying. I think the dickhead coach has pissed him off with this contract business. He's been terrible since the bye and Enright is averaging somewhere near 120 in that time. It's worth a crack, might blow up in your face but it makes sense.

I disagree with you disagreeing

Selwood 130+ today
Rance 80 (on his worst day)
Bartel only needs an 80

Whilst I'd love Rance to score sub 80 i just cannot see it happenning

Giants

Debutant
Aug 2, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bartel > Enright

Bartel likes playing the Tigers and so does Enright. Rance has had 85 and 90 odd in the last two. So if anything I was going to trade out Rance. Also Bartel has an easier run home. I would of thought Bartel would have a point to prove to Geelong and the rest of the afl clubs and show he can play another year for either Geelong or another club. It won't do him any favours if he has a poor performance. It will prove to Geelong and the rest of the Comp that his done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back