Status
Not open for further replies.

Cazbah

Club Legend
May 29, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Upgrading Yeo to any defender, who should I get?

Current defenders: Simpson, Doch, Shaw, Laird, Rance and Yeo

Can afford anyone.

Ex President

Team Captain
Jun 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
3 trades, only a little cash ($38k).

Lack of carnage means I have no forced moves... so options as I see it are:

a) Do nothing
b) Fiddle around and sideways some premiums to other premiums hoping for something better
c) Do some off-field moves (Jansen+Keays for Dahlhaus+Uber) to open up loopholes, VC loopholes, flexible M/F bench cover.

Going for maximum overall score at the moment (which should see league take care of itself).

Any advice? Do I need 3 trades going into last two rounds?

Rnd_21.png
Good strong team, no need to trade.

You could try a sideways such as Gray to Bont, but sometimes those trades end up costing you points.

I'd probably hold and then look to use those 3 trades over the last 2 rounds to cover any injuries or look at bringing in players who you expect to score well.

I'm in a similar position, considering Wines to Hanners for 25k, will probably do it as I see it as a semi upgrade rather than a sideways trade.

I could.. but then it would probably be my only trade I make as I couldn't afford to go Birch -> Doc as well...

So effectively it becomes a case of which combination should yield the higher points?:
WINGARD & BIRCHALL
DAHL & DOCHERTY
LYNCH (GC) & BIRCHALL
Hold - but you may get what you are wishing for
Late out carnage :)

I could.. but then it would probably be my only trade I make as I couldn't afford to go Birch -> Doc as well...

So effectively it becomes a case of which combination should yield the higher points?:
WINGARD & BIRCHALL
DAHL & DOCHERTY
LYNCH (GC) & BIRCHALL

Dahl Doc

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
So with 5 trades I've got to at least swap rose to a 103k donut. Then hold 4 for the last two weeks? Think I'd he hard pushed to use all 4 in the next two weeks heh. Worth a luxury trade of Gray to Sloane/rocky?

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Good strong team, no need to trade.

You could try a sideways such as Gray to Bont, but sometimes those trades end up costing you points.

I'd probably hold and then look to use those 3 trades over the last 2 rounds to cover any injuries or look at bringing in players who you expect to score well.

Hmm, I appreciate the counsel. Does it change anything if I mention I'm about 10 places out of $1k? I feel like I need to take a risk. EVERYONE has Pendles. EVERYONE has Merrett, Danger, Hanners, Doc, Shaw, Gawn, Goldy.

If carnage is coming the trades will be gold... but I'm not sure carnage is coming this year with the pre-finals bye.

I guess I'm thinking aloud whether I can find an edge with better loopholing or by being intentionally different (jumping on Cripps or Gibbs or something) to try to make up ground.

Otherwise I'm basically wheeling out Gray, Buddy, Sloane, JPK and hoping they outscore the other folks like Rockliff, Ward, Neale, Wells. It did happen in Rnd 19. It most decidedly did not happen in Rnd 20.

Giants

Debutant
Aug 2, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Id say:

110+85+100+75+85+105 (560)
vs
90+115+95+115+90+105 (610)

I think you win, but any player could pull a big score out of their ass. Hopefully it is one of yours!
Thanks for your help my estimates show that I win but it will be very close.

kane22

Team Captain
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mathieson to Wills and Petrecca to GC Lynch. Hoping for a massive score this week

Thinking of trading Pendlebury to Bontempelli regardless of whether Pendlebury plays tonight.

If Grimley is named I only have Reuben Williams and Trengove as donuts and I want to use Trengove for emergency loopholing Kerridge, so need to use VC tonight. Bont will make a great VC!
Go for it - lock it in
You dont want any regrets

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Thinking of trading Pendlebury to Bontempelli regardless of whether Pendlebury plays tonight.

If Grimley is named I only have Reuben Williams and Trengove as donuts and I want to use Trengove for emergency loopholing Kerridge, so need to use VC tonight. Bont will make a great VC!
I am bonting too

PAFC1996

Debutant
Mar 31, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Currently have Wingard at F6.
Have 4 trades left and about $40k.
Planning on Petracca to Dahl, and Silvagni to a 102k M/F.
This will allow me to loophole Wingard and Dahl.
Good idea? Or am I better off downgrading Cox and just upgrading Wingard?

Ex President

Team Captain
Jun 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Hmm, I appreciate the counsel. Does it change anything if I mention I'm about 10 places out of $1k? I feel like I need to take a risk. EVERYONE has Pendles. EVERYONE has Merrett, Danger, Hanners, Doc, Shaw, Gawn, Goldy.

If carnage is coming the trades will be gold... but I'm not sure carnage is coming this year with the pre-finals bye.

I guess I'm thinking aloud whether I can find an edge with better loopholing or by being intentionally different (jumping on Cripps or Gibbs or something) to try to make up ground.

Otherwise I'm basically wheeling out Gray, Buddy, Sloane, JPK and hoping they outscore the other folks like Rockliff, Ward, Neale, Wells. It did happen in Rnd 19. It most decidedly did not happen in Rnd 20.
Well yes that does change things a bit!

With only 38k in the bank though it makes things a bit tough and restricts what you can do.

JJ is a POD option in the defs who can make you a bit of coin (and has a soft finish), but hard to see who you would take out from your current 6.

In the mids the Bont is the one I would be aiming to get, playing like Fyfe at the moment. Gibbs and Cripps both worth a look as well with a soft finish. Again you would have to gamble on who you take out to get one of them in. Hinkley has thrown down the challenge to Robbie, so expect him to respond.

Tom Lynch (GC) is the forward I'd look at, but you would probably want to go Buddy to him and that costs over 80k.

If you're willing to use 2 trades, maybe go JPK to Cripps and Buddy to Tom Lynch.

Or a ballsy move could be Shaw to JJ.

Ex President

Team Captain
Jun 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
It's risky. Greenwood will be riding his ass all night. Especially with no Wallis Libba or Macrae
Dumont went to Bont at the stoppages last week which kept him quiet at times, but the beauty of the Bont is that he takes big contested marks and often drifts forward, much like Fyfe.

Only 19 touches last week but got 133 points.

He didn't break 100 when he played us earlier in the year...
Let him do it. We all made that assumption with Dangerfield last week, "oh, he plays Essendon, he'll get 50 and kick 6." Oh how wrong we were.

Dumont went to Bont at the stoppages last week which kept him quiet at times, but the beauty of the Bont is that he takes big contested marks and often drifts forward, much like Fyfe.

Only 19 touches last week but got 133 points.

The 8 marks, 9 tackles and a goal certainly helped, but yes, he is in ripping form right now. 1st picked next year. Am slightly worried about the Greenwood tag though, he usually plays through it better than most, but I wouldn't be expecting a ton out of him this week, he may get it but it would be more a pleasant surprise than anything else.

Let him do it. We all made that assumption with Dangerfield last week, "oh, he plays Essendon, he'll get 50 and kick 6." Oh how wrong we were.

And how I laughed.....!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back