Trades Round 21 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really sure. Have a week of luxury this week. Some options that it’d be good to get an opinion on:

Telly > Gawn via Marshall fwd
Telly > Greene
Stewart > Z Williams

Stewart and Telly the weak links, but who to bring in?

I'm concerned with making my team worse with trading premos at this point. Williams/Greene are flying at the moment but can you really guarantee that Smith or Tim Kelly don't outscore them next week?

Currently looking at a double downgrade instead:
Zac Clarke -> Ladhams;
Naish -> Carter/Goddard.

To bring the kitty up to 197k for next week.

It's just a bit of planning for the worst (ie an injury or 2 next week) so gives flexibility to fix 2x problems next week.

Okay so will Kelly and De Boer coming back this week effect either Williams or Greene? Greene's scoring was very average with Kelly playing. He only started to consistently tonne up starting in the Richmond game. And De Boer will be going head to head with someone so there goes some more midfield minutes.

You'd think that there'd be too many mouths to feed in the GWS midfield with those two back so someone is going to have their role effected.

Okay so will Kelly and De Boer coming back this week effect either Williams or Greene? Greene's scoring was very average with Kelly playing. He only started to consistently tonne up starting in the Richmond game. And De Boer will be going head to head with someone so there goes some more midfield minutes.

You'd think that there'd be too many mouths to feed in the GWS midfield with those two back so someone is going to have their role effected.

Yep, I'll be steering clear of both (Williams/Greene). Come Grand final time I don't think you want those guys in the squad of GWS are back to nearly full strength.

Rank irrelavnt for me and has been for a while. My two remaining cash cows - Answerth and Clarke still have low breakevens, so provided they play i'll keep them for another week to hopefully eek another40k out of the both of them.

Thinking of doing a little premium downgrade to shore up some underpriced premiums and gie me cash to slap onto Answerth for Whitfield next week.

How important is it to keep a playing rook in every line? (namely rucks).
I've got Zac Clarke sitting there that I could make $200k out of by dropping to a non playing $170k but then I'd have no emergency.

....but then I went most of the year with no emergency. I'd trade Grundy/Gawn if either were confirmed out anyway so it's really only covering a late withdrawl scenario (and what are the odds of that....!?).

Zac -> non playing $170k rook;
Hind -> Non playing $170k rook.
Netts me $340k of cash and have some freedom with spending for the rest of the the season. (ie Smith/Cripps -> Whitfield/Kelly next week maybe!).

I may have a Witts problem, hurt his knee and didn't play the final 10-15 mins. Aside from that it'll be luxury trades

Thoughts?
I have Witts too. I was wondering how he failed to ton up seeing where he was at at 3/4 time. If I have to deal with him, it'd mean I can't do Sic to Williams. Fortunately, made both Prelims so have a week off, but still hurts me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sicily gonnnneeeeee

Have really stuffed up my trades the last few weeks

Sicily in over Williams
Cripps in over anyone
Sloane in over anyone
Worpel instead of Sicily out
Ziebell instead of Sicily out

Feel like I have a relatively strong team outside of that dibacle which has still allowed me to move in to the top 1,000

Well I'm out of finals anyway so my season is done. Still have 3 rookies on the field and just feel like ******* around with my last few weeks of trades

I may have a Witts problem, hurt his knee and didn't play the final 10-15 mins. Aside from that it'll be luxury trades

Thoughts?
I'd be inclined to move Salem > Houli this week
Then Neale > Jelly after the Derby, little concerned that with Zorko out then full attention will be given to Neale/Lyons.

Bewely to cheap rook and Ziebell to Treloar I think at this stage.

I thought Witts went off after Grundy 'Greened' him in the ribs, I know he stayed down for a bit and went straight to the bench.
Nah it was a "knee complaint"

MEDICAL ROOM

Gold Coast:
Ruckman and co-captain Jarrod Witts limped from the field with a knee complaint in the final term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back