Game Day Round 21 V Adelaide. #ToughAsTex

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shooshka

Senior List
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Dazz, ive been a huge NN fan for longer than most, but the dangers here are twofold.[ 1 ] taking an underdone injury prone [and he is now] player into a pressure cooker final [ 2 ] Ive seen so many times over the years where an average bigman steps up and grinds out games.The team gets in behind him and he is essentially another bigger midfielder.Suddenly, come finals, up steps your premier bigman from injury to claim his spot.The team often loses the dynamic theyve spent months developing.Remember Giles ONE great game in Adelaide? Hickey is nearly giving us that weekly.
NN could cover JK if he stays off the boil [ God forbid ] or take Watermans place with the odd burst in the ruck.
It seems pretty straightforward to me (assuming NN is fit - which is far from certain at this stage)

He comes in for Waterman (unlucky), Oallen takes Waterman's role and NN takes Oallens role. Of course he plays more ruck time than Oallen which does effect Hickey's role a little - but it is a good problem to work around.

NN has never to me been as good a forward as the 4 talls we have competing at the moment (Kennedy, Darling, Oallen and Waterman) so surely he plays as a ruck or not at all. Hickey will still be the #1 ruck with chop-outs from Nic, and that will scare a lot of teams.

MrKK

Club Legend
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Trying to beat Richmond at their own game will not require Jake Waterman campaigners. It will require another pacey rested small by the name of Cameron. See Charlie at Lions if you don't know what a Cameron can do. Jake Waterman is nothing special.

Too many talls for a game V Richmond Trendsetters.
Why would we try and play Richmond's style, when the best tactics to beat them are we way we normally play? ie high kick to handball ratio to spread play, and chains of marks so they can't swarm on ground balls.

TY24

Mining Magnate
Mar 21, 2017
The absolute middle of nowhere
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Glory, Wildcats
Trying to beat Richmond at their own game will not require Jake Waterman campaigners. It will require another pacey rested small by the name of Cameron. See Charlie at Lions if you don't know what a Cameron can do. Jake Waterman is nothing special.

Too many talls for a game V Richmond Trendsetters.
Remember that time we thumped Richmond by 8 goals last year playing our own game?

eaglesnutcase

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
I could see NN as a semi permanent FF.I think Rioli and Ryan would lick their lips if they saw him there.Hes a great high mark but also operates at their level of skill and flair on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Also heard he was best man at Sauce Jacob's wedding.
I assume thats a joke.

I am taking the Mickey, but it is the first time I’ve actually noticed one particular umpire. For funsies I thought I’d look him up fully expecting him to be Victorian and then saw that he is actually from SA and probably Glenelg (very Crows heavy area).

Top Bottom