Game Day Round 21 V Adelaide. #ToughAsTex

Remove this Banner Ad

JK is fast coming to the end. People can bang on about delivery but he’s a half step slower, a half metre lower in his arm position when he meets the ball and he has lost 5% of his agility. Thats what happens when you hit the wall. Hes still important for structure and I’m sure he’ll be better if we can get him a couple of rests in the finals but, contract notwithstanding, he’s right near the end IMO
Agreed

Love him to bits but the last fortnight has showed that he’s lost that acceleration to put the gap between himself and his direct opponent.

Glad you guys got to see him first hand - our entire board has been screaming for him to be played and the club has badly handled him in our opinion. I think he showed today how good he is going to be - great great kick for goal at the hardest place for opposition teams to go and play at
Rated him since his first game against the Dons last year. Just a beautiful set shot, strong overhead and some midfielder attributes. With his physical maturity, I'm also very surprised that he wasn't given a string of games a bit earlier. However, that was definitely a break-out game and you must be chuffed.

Rated him since his first game against the Dons last year. Just a beautiful set shot, strong overhead and some midfielder attributes. With his physical maturity, I'm also very surprised that he wasn't given a string of games a bit earlier. However, that was definitely a break-out game and you must be chuffed.
Cheers..we all knew what he was capable of and that he did it against probably the toughest defence in the league was special

Cheers..we all knew what he was capable of and that he did it against probably the toughest defence in the league was special
Crows definitely brought some serious intent to the contest today, and our defense can be rattled by quick, decisive ball movement. The way Fogarty kept you within arm's reach denied us a run on and kept the game alive. Would have been bloody tight if Sloane stayed out there.

Crows definitely brought some serious intent to the contest today, and our defense can be rattled by quick, decisive ball movement. The way Fogarty kept you within arm's reach denied us a run on and kept the game alive. Would have been bloody tight if Sloane stayed out there.
Agree. Well I just hope now that it is an all non victorian WCE V GWS Grand final (Brisbane need to pay their dues first imo before they get to the big dance) and in getting there, they deny Richmond in the prelim by a point on a jack darling 60m bomb after the siren haha..

Unfortunately i agree. He is in our best 22 this year and probably for the first month of next season but after that there is no guarantees.

Hope im wrong, but may see a roughead type situation but simmo isnt as ruthless as clarko.

While im on it i wonder if clarkos ruthlessnes may cost the club in regards to player loyalty. May aswell look elsewhere as they may get cut in 2 to 3 years once they have served their purpose.
Any other club and you might think so - but hawthorn players have no problems whatsoever finding new homes

Agree. Well I just hope now that it is an all non victorian WCE V GWS Grand final (Brisbane need to pay their dues first imo before they get to the big dance) and in getting there, they deny Richmond in the prelim by a point on a jack darling 60m bomb after the siren haha..
Was hoping for a Tigers V WCE Grand Final, just so we can beat them on the biggest stage :cool:

Best of luck making the 8, there's every chance a side slips up...

Yeah i reckon. Sucks how that happens to players, just lose all momentum
I wonder if the back-line being a bit unsettled recently has contributed? Duggan & Cole out, Barrass re-adjusting, Schofield out & in...

Also don't forget the ball spent a lot of time in our defense earlier this year. We've probably upped our forward time since then.

I wonder if the back-line being a bit unsettled recently has contributed? Duggan & Cole out, Barrass re-adjusting, Schofield out & in...

Also don't forget the ball spent a lot of time in our defense earlier this year. We've probably upped our forward time since then.
It’s still a more settled defence than most sides. We have had a pretty stable line up.

The goals per entry is just really worrying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s still a more settled defence than most sides. We have had a pretty stable line up.

Probably starts in the midfield, with probably every team focused on countering our gamestyle. The Crouch Bros and Sloane were pretty good at scything through our midfield with handballs in patches. Creating chaos in our defense with a low, quick ball causes problems. Do we need another small defender?

Crows played players behind the ball and attacked off the HBF today . Their structure gave them a much more open forward line . That sort of footy struggles if conditions arent perfect . Crows had great conditions and executed their game plan very well .

Our game works in both dry and wet which we have had to modify this year with all the slippery night games .

Scott Lycett 2018 averages: 20 hit outs, 12 disposals and 2.7 marks

Tom Hickey 2019 averages: 19.5 hitouts, 12 disposals and 3 marks.

One is rated as one of the better ruckmen in the comp, and you’re saying the other one is ‘barely serviceable’

Hickey has been tremendous this year. We would not be equal top without him.

We won, very happy with the win. My old man died this week so it was made just a little bit brighter by the Eagles. AFL really is wonderful like that.

Genuinley just so grateful for little pick me up. Thanks you, you beautiful Eagles.

Sorry to hear that Benji. Thank god the Eagles won for you then.

Yeah cmon fellas JK kicked 7 a few weeks ago. Rumours of his demise are greatly exaggerated.

A pretty meh win, did enough. This is both kinda annoying but a good place to be; I'd be very happy if we cruised the GF by 2 goals...

Wonder when teams will start putting their best defender on Darling instead of Kennedy.

Sucks to see JK battle, but he’s doing his job for the team. Just needs some reward.
Thats the thing - hes too good for a second tall - he will kick a few for sure - and darling will still bob up and get a couple anyway.

And allen will just love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back