Game Day Round 21 V Adelaide. #ToughAsTex

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
We won, very happy with the win. My old man died this week so it was made just a little bit brighter by the Eagles. AFL really is wonderful like that.

Genuinley just so grateful for little pick me up. Thanks you, you beautiful Eagles.
My condolences mate. I’m sure I speak for everyone here when I say we’re all behind you and here for you if you’re doing it tough. We’re family here.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
More concerning random guys getting hold of us for multiple goals.

Fogarty: 5
Nic Newman: 4
Fritsch: 4
Mihocek: 4

Might be nothing but sort of annoying.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nic newman with 3 hand off bombs from outside 50 . Loose checking from the forward who let him stroll up from HB and kick them. Hardly our defences fault .

Mihocek has kicked 32 goals this year with 4 bags of 4 goals . He is a good player

Fritch switched from a defender to a forward 6 weeks ago and has kicked 13.10 . He is in bloody good form not just against us .

And fogarty will be a star . Reminds me of ricciuto.

You have to give credit where credit is due . We are the premiers players want to turn up and play their best against the best .

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
It's true.

We are the reigning Premiers.

We are the hunted.

We have to work a lot harder for our wins.

Therefore a run of the mill 2-4 goal win is equivalent to a 6-8 goal win.

Just need to keep working hard and sticking to Simmos plan.

Go Eagles

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Good win against a VERY committed team! Coming into finals i'll take that sort of win over Brissies flogging of GC any day.that was a very bruising game and young Cameron was probably better off being rested.Good decision match committee.
I'm a bit worried about next week as we will have some very sore bodies.
Hickey must lead us into finals whether or not NN is back.He takes a workload that an unfit NN could never carry.Id look at NN primarily as a forward.
Waterman kicked three but didnt impress me at times.His body language/second efforts were ordinary.
Win and win tough!! Look out finals here we come.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Good win against a VERY committed team! Coming into finals i'll take that sort of win over Brissies flogging of GC any day.that was a very bruising game and young Cameron was probably better off being rested.Good decision match committee.
I'm a bit worried about next week as we will have some very sore bodies.
Hickey must lead us into finals whether or not NN is back.He takes a workload that an unfit NN could never carry.Id look at NN primarily as a forward.
Waterman kicked three but didnt impress me at times.His body language/second efforts were ordinary.
Win and win tough!! Look out finals here we come.
I concur with your first paragraph or two. Great pre-finals hitout.

There's no way we play Nic as a fwd. Our fwd line functions pretty well as is. Just give him 50% game time, doing Nic things is what we need. Here's hoping.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I concur with your first paragraph or two. Great pre-finals hitout.

There's no way we play Nic as a fwd. Our fwd line functions pretty well as is. Just give him 50% game time, doing Nic things is what we need. Here's hoping.
Dazz, ive been a huge NN fan for longer than most, but the dangers here are twofold.[ 1 ] taking an underdone injury prone [and he is now] player into a pressure cooker final [ 2 ] Ive seen so many times over the years where an average bigman steps up and grinds out games.The team gets in behind him and he is essentially another bigger midfielder.Suddenly, come finals, up steps your premier bigman from injury to claim his spot.The team often loses the dynamic theyve spent months developing.Remember Giles ONE great game in Adelaide? Hickey is nearly giving us that weekly.
NN could cover JK if he stays off the boil [ God forbid ] or take Watermans place with the odd burst in the ruck.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Dazz, ive been a huge NN fan for longer than most, but the dangers here are twofold.[ 1 ] taking an underdone injury prone [and he is now] player into a pressure cooker final [ 2 ] Ive seen so many times over the years where an average bigman steps up and grinds out games.The team gets in behind him and he is essentially another bigger midfielder.Suddenly, come finals, up steps your premier bigman from injury to claim his spot.The team often loses the dynamic theyve spent months developing.Remember Giles ONE great game in Adelaide? Hickey is nearly giving us that weekly.
NN could cover JK if he stays off the boil [ God forbid ] or take Watermans place with the odd burst in the ruck.

It seems pretty straightforward to me (assuming NN is fit - which is far from certain at this stage)

He comes in for Waterman (unlucky), Oallen takes Waterman's role and NN takes Oallens role. Of course he plays more ruck time than Oallen which does effect Hickey's role a little - but it is a good problem to work around.

NN has never to me been as good a forward as the 4 talls we have competing at the moment (Kennedy, Darling, Oallen and Waterman) so surely he plays as a ruck or not at all. Hickey will still be the #1 ruck with chop-outs from Nic, and that will scare a lot of teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Trying to beat Richmond at their own game will not require Jake Waterman campaigners. It will require another pacey rested small by the name of Cameron. See Charlie at Lions if you don't know what a Cameron can do. Jake Waterman is nothing special.

Too many talls for a game V Richmond Trendsetters.
Why would we try and play Richmond's style, when the best tactics to beat them are we way we normally play? ie high kick to handball ratio to spread play, and chains of marks so they can't swarm on ground balls.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Don Pyke post-match:
"They were more efficient going forward"

???
It was only their ridiculous accuracy up front and our wastefulness at the other end that kept them in it.
He was too busy sparring with Jenkins to actually watch the game it would seem

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Trying to beat Richmond at their own game will not require Jake Waterman campaigners. It will require another pacey rested small by the name of Cameron. See Charlie at Lions if you don't know what a Cameron can do. Jake Waterman is nothing special.

Too many talls for a game V Richmond Trendsetters.
Remember that time we thumped Richmond by 8 goals last year playing our own game?

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I could see NN as a semi permanent FF.I think Rioli and Ryan would lick their lips if they saw him there.Hes a great high mark but also operates at their level of skill and flair on the ground.

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
So I thought I’d do some digging into old mate #26

4DE4D7FA-010F-4297-ABED-6428BC20EF41.jpeg

We are through the looking glass here people....

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Also heard he was best man at Sauce Jacob's wedding.

I assume thats a joke.

I am taking the Mickey, but it is the first time I’ve actually noticed one particular umpire. For funsies I thought I’d look him up fully expecting him to be Victorian and then saw that he is actually from SA and probably Glenelg (very Crows heavy area).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back