Review Round 21 vs Carlton @ Marvel Stadium (07.08.2021 @ 1:45pm)

David C

All Australian
Aug 16, 2017
Noosa
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
A moment of silence for Daniel Gorringe.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Let's Go Boys!:goldcoast::goldcoast:
Winning any AFL game of footy is hard work-doesn't matter who you play
And for us every one is preshhhhussss!
I love these wins where we scrap and scrap and scrap all day
You put the effort in it comes back
Another Rescue Dog in Townsend returns the love( as they do-Collins Corbett Holman Burger)
I never want to hear another mumble about Brayden Fiorini
And Touk:hearteyes::hearteyes:
After the "6 Quarters of Horror"-to come out and just keep plugging away despite fumbles and misses and pressure issues at times was just great
And Jack Martin?You can suck my tiny.......toes

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
My 15 year old has told me 4 times this year
"got that feeling they are going to win again."
Against Swans GWS Richmond and again today.
Is he too young to have a TAB account.?
Great win boys suck on that Vic media lap boys.
Does it get any better than knocking dillusional Carlton supporters out of the finals. I think not.

WHAT A TURN AROUND! A week is a long time in footy they say. We brought the intensity and wanted the win more than the blues in that last quarter. What a shame the VIC army wasn’t there to cheer the boys off the field after that SUNSATIONAL hard fought win! Touk had another blinder he’s got to be All Australian this year! Powell had a wonderful game and Ando was hard at it all day and really stepped up! GO YOU SUNS! Love putting the nail in Carlton’s coffin!

Loved the boys embracing Dew as they entered the change rooms!

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Powell utterly rekt Martin. So good.

We had a lot of favourable match-ups all around. Cripps is almost the perfect guy for Fiorini to play on, because Cripps might be the one guy in the league who is just as inside based (and slower) than he is. Thought he really impacted in key moments.

One of the best games I've seen Anderson play.

Smith beat the Carlton ruck in the end, which I never thought I'd see.

I liked Burgess down back. Nullified Silvagni completely who has been in form for them.

Lemmens keeping Betts quiet is quite glorious. Betts has always circled games against GC in his calendar. Routinely destroys us.

Thought in the fourth quarter we came out mentally shot. Silly turnovers and looked nervous. To turn that around mid-quarter and dominate is a testament. All without Ellis too, who we lost quite early. Thought Bowes did okay when coming in.

Townsend is exactly what we need. This guy just has no fear. With Holman out, he must play every week.

I was worried about Walsh, but our match-ups on him just destroyed him. Can't remember him having much influence at all. Miller and to a lesser extent Rowell beat him quite convincingly.

Great game for the guys. Great to get another win. I think this was our last winnable game for the season, so good to get up!

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
WHAT A TURN AROUND! A week is a long time in footy they say. We brought the intensity and wanted the win more than the blues in that last quarter. What a shame the VIC army wasn’t there to cheer the boys off the field after that SUNSATIONAL hard fought win! Touk had another blinder he’s got to be All Australian this year! Powell had a wonderful game and Ando was hard at it all day and really stepped up! GO YOU SUNS! Love putting the nail in Carlton’s coffin!
Awesome kid as well.

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Powell utterly rekt Martin. So good.

We had a lot of favourable match-ups all around. Cripps is almost the perfect guy for Fiorini to play on, because Cripps might be the one guy in the league who is just as inside based (and slower) than he is. Thought he really impacted in key moments.

One of the best games I've seen Anderson play.

Smith beat the Carlton ruck in the end, which I never thought I'd see.

I liked Burgess down back. Nullified Silvagni completely who has been in form for them.

Lemmens keeping Betts quiet is quite glorious. Betts has always circled games against GC in his calendar. Routinely destroys us.

Thought in the fourth quarter we came out mentally shot. Silly turnovers and looked nervous. To turn that around mid-quarter and dominate is a testament. All without Ellis too, who we lost quite early. Thought Bowes did okay when coming in.

Townsend is exactly what we need. This guy just has no fear. With Holman out, he must play every week.

I was worried about Walsh, but our match-ups on him just destroyed him. Can't remember him having much influence at all. Miller and to a lesser extent Rowell beat him quite convincingly.

Great game for the guys. Great to get another win. I think this was our last winnable game for the season, so good to get up!
Essendon are around the same spot as Carlton and we beat Sydney last time. Not going to tip us but feel there's a bit of confidence to end the season now.

Back