Review Round 21 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

That was heart breaking. However, as soon as we were 3 down including two of the most important players to our structure (in Dixon and Ryder), I knew it would be very hard to hold on. We almost did in what would have been very character building win. Not to be. I am surprisingly calm with it all. Maybe its acceptance that the season is toast.

There are so many things i am angry about, but I am deliberately not going to go with any negative comments. We have two games to go. One win and we should play finals. I think we can still win a final. Play Billy, throw Dougal forward. Its kinda of like a free hit from here.

I was concerned last week that i would be on an international flight for the Coll game. I am actually glad now. I much rather see the result in an instant than be put through something like that again !!
free hit... are you joking. we had a game against a depleted team of scrubbers to go equal top. we bassballed a disgraceful slopfest loss and since have lost 4 out of 5.
we had a free hit in round 2 3 4 5 when we should have got crucial games into billy but now we are stuffed. our poor player management / development has cost us at a critical time of the season
we had a free hit in 2018 when our coach was coming out of contract and had pressure to perform. now we are stuck because we panicked and signed him based on zero success..

Found another game where the losing team was never behind till after the final siren. Brisbane at the Gabba R3 2005 were 32 points up at 3/4 time but the Swans won with 7.3 to 1.1 in the final quarter. Brisbane kicked the first score and were never headed till Barry Hall kicked a goal after the final siren. Slightly different as scores were tied at the end of the game so a point would have won whereas we would have won if McGovern had kicked a point. Unfortunately afltables did not record timelines that long ago so I could not find the time Brisbane were in front.

That’s it!

I remember a game in 2004 or 05 when Barry Hall kicked the winner after the siren and that being the only time they led all night.

As soon as West Coast scrambled it from the centre bounce I stood up and walked out. I knew what would happen.
McGoverns mark and goal was from the same spot as his brothers from the 1st showdown. Lucky for us Motlop got us out of jail in that game.

I just don't understand why Port is playing this low scoring flooding Freo style football. It just allows the opposition to stay in the game and randomly get out of jail, as Freo has demonstrated time and time again even in their dominant years. Why is Port going down that path?

I just don't understand why Port is playing this low scoring flooding Freo style football. It just allows the opposition to stay in the game and randomly get out of jail, as Freo has demonstrated time and time again even in their dominant years. Why is Port going down that path?
Bloody good question and I have no idea, but I do know that it is a load of s**t and they change it before next season.

Lol, this is Ports, like it was ever going to be anything other than a snag.

If we were Geelong, Jenkins' goal is correctly adjudicated as a point, McGovern's kick misses, and we're sitting equal second right now.

If we were Geelong, Jenkins' goal is correctly adjudicated as a point, McGovern's kick misses, and we're sitting equal second right now.

And Alberton Oval is a boutique stadium in the western suburbs and we're rolling in dough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* knows. The only reasoning I can work out is that last year we were belting crap teams and losing games to good teams by small margins, so we developed a game style that, in theory, is more lockdown to stop these. Problem is we've shown time after time it doesn't work, so now we're losing to good teams and bad teams by small margins instead.

Its utterly stupid.

I like how we somehow managed to turn a tough week for West Coast good. Tough week. Guy smashes guys face off and they have a tough week. Feel sorry for those campaigners.

The finger has been pointed at Hinkley, Voss, Bassett and Lade. Ultimately the buck stops with one person though.

IMG_9716.JPG

Play on! He's called play on! Ryan can't believe it! Guthrie appeals for holding the ball... and gets it!

Yep, according to fox tracker thingy he was previously 1.5 from that spot in his career but literally any WC player would have kicked it (and on the flip side no one from our team would have!).

They could've wheeled out post-ACL surgery NicNat and he would've slotted it. It's our lot in life as Port Adelaide supporters.

Have we ever, even once, had an opposition player miss a shot near or after the siren to win a game against us in our 21 year AFL history? If we have I don't remember it. Geelong have had four in just the last 2 seasons.

View attachment 542302

Play on! He's called play on! Ryan can't believe it! Guthrie appeals for holding the ball... and gets it!

You just know it would be ****ing Guthrie, don't you.

They could've wheeled out post-ACL surgery NicNat and he would've slotted it. It's our lot in life as Port Adelaide supporters.

Have we ever, even once, had an opposition player miss a shot near or after the siren to win a game against us in our 21 year AFL history? If we have I don't remember it. Geelong have had 4 in just the last two seasons.

I guess Josh Jenkins last week doesnt count, does it!?

Can we give you a call when our next board elections come round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back