Review Round 21 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn't say too scared, he said that Ebert was worried about going too deep I50 and not being able to impact the contest. He was in two minds, more like. Turns out he got caught somewhere between the two and did end up failing to impact the contest.

They talk about mindfulness alot, that is what he manifested. He manifested not impacting the contest and that is exactly what he did! Whereas firm belief he would do his role, if he new what it was, most likely he would have done that.

On the Westhoff topic, which everyone here thinks is hate, which it isn't, there was a play in the last and I've seen him do this before, where he assumed and turned his back on the play and started jogging to the WC goal. He was only 5 metres from the goal, if he didn't turn his back, he could have gone to the contest and nullify it. It was crazy that he would turn his back on the ball so close. My client who was with me was in disbelief. Clearly he made a poor assumption, I've seen him do it numerous times. It's the little things.

They talk about mindfulness alot, that is what he manifested. He manifested not impacting the contest and that is exactly what he did! Whereas firm belief he would do his role, if he new what it was, most likely he would have done that.

On the Westhoff topic, which everyone here thinks is hate, which it isn't, there was a play in the last and I've seen him do this before, where he assumed and turned his back on the play and started jogging to the WC goal. He was only 5 metres from the goal, if he didn't turn his back, he could have gone to the contest and nullify it. It was crazy that he would turn his back on the ball so close. My client who was with me was in disbelief. Clearly he made a poor assumption, I've seen him do it numerous times. It's the little things.
Yeah i remember seeing a few players from Port running around in the last minute a bit lost. This is a big thing! It baffles me how Ebert even ended up on McGovern considering the time available to the players after the LeCras goal and center set up.

Gee just watched the last bounce, seeing as some have mentioned Westhoff had his jumper pulled, (which I have just seen he did) - that's paid a free in any other minute of the game.

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 11.04.14 pm.png
Ah ok . I must have misunderstood his meaning.
Don't know if everyone has seen this vision on the afl site. Its the defence upon the final bounce. Ebert is on Mcgoven and Jonas on Ryan on the left hand side. Robbie is the spare man. A disastrous decision by Ebert - Jonas should have forced the change.

View attachment 543717
Don't know if everyone has seen this vision on the afl site. Its the defence upon the final bounce. Ebert is on Mcgoven and Jonas on Ryan on the left hand side. Robbie is the spare man. A disastrous decision by Ebert - Jonas should have forced the change.
Jonas is actually on Rioli, who's probably a less dangerous opponent than Ryan. Ryan was at the edge of the square with Pittard.

Im an Eagles fan and my cousin is a Port fan. We went to the game.

Weve bern to 5 Port v WCE games together:

Rd2 2004 Port by 4 points
2007 QF Port by 3 points
2015 rd6? WCE by 10 points
2017 EF WCE by 3 points
2018 rd21 WCE by 4 points

We laugh at how crazy our games have been!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good times Cuzz good times lol . looking forward to the next nightmare installment in 2019.

I thought you got suspended a decade a ago on here .. can't believe I'm still going. Now that everyone is a pessimist on here I'm invisible.
Same. I used to get banned all the time. But I dont give as much of a ***k as i used to so come across as less pessimistic/suicidal

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love how after last week everyone is all 'we can't keep trusting the same guys, where was the leadership, we need Jonas to be captain instead of Boak or Wines!'

Jonas was in defence with Clurey when Clurey kicked the ball to a two-on-one in West Coast's favour rather than slowing the game down. Jonas was the one who failed to execute the switch onto McGovern that he should have executed late in the game. If you want to blame one of our leaders for the lack of leadership shown last weekend, blaming Jonas makes a lot more sense than blaming Boak or Wines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how after last week everyone is all 'we can't keep trusting the same guys, where was the leadership, we need Jonas to be captain instead of Boak or Wines!'

Jonas was in defence with Clurey when Clurey kicked the ball to a two-on-one in West Coast's favour rather than slowing the game down. Jonas was the one who failed to execute the switch onto McGovern that he should have executed late in the game. If you want to blame one of our leaders for the lack of leadership shown last weekend, blaming Jonas makes a lot more sense than blaming Boak or Wines.
Ebert is higher up the pecking order and said no to Jonas when he said swap, because Ebert didnt want to be on the last line of defence, against Ryan, when in fact it was Rioli.

Boak and Wines are mid fielders. Clurey was 60m out from goal. Where were they when Clurey took the mark? Closer to Clurey than Jonas? How far back was Jonas?

Wingard learnt his lesson from last year. He short passed it to Clurey.

Look where Ollie is. Hands on hips about 15m up towards goals from the T (telstra) mark on the 50m arc as Wingard is passing to Clurey. Where is mid fielder, high half forward Boak?. Ebert, with the orange boots is out by the boundary but doesnt do enough to get Clurey's attention to kick it to him. Clurey could have pushed back off the mark 20m and done the chip to Ebert as Ebert made a lead towards him. Ebert 40 seconds later over runs the ball near the T.

upload_2018-8-17_16-26-2.png

Clurey followed team rules and went long to the pocket. It wound up being a two on one but the one was Robbie Gray. He's the one player you would kick to in hope. If the ball had swung a few more metres to the left and been forced out of bounds instead of being marked, Clurey would have been a genius. Any sot of chip kick was fraught because West Coast are well drilled in picking them off.

Clurey followed team rules and went long to the pocket. It wound up being a two on one but the one was Robbie Gray. He's the one player you would kick to in hope. If the ball had swung a few more metres to the left and been forced out of bounds instead of being marked, Clurey would have been a genius. Any sot of chip kick was fraught because West Coast are well drilled in picking them off.

Cant agree, why did he take all of 4 seconds to kick the ball instead of running the clock down ? I honestly think if we had a Selwood or Hodge type as captain we would not lose these games.
Sydney held Melbourne scoreless for the final 4 and a half minutes when Melbourne got within a goal at the MCG we just have no composure what so ever.

Cant agree, why did he take all of 4 seconds to kick the ball instead of running the clock down ? I honestly think if we had a Selwood or Hodge type as captain we would not lose these games.
Sydney held Melbourne scoreless for the final 4 and a half minutes when Melbourne got within a goal at the MCG we just have no composure what so ever.

And then there was Wallis's pass to Gowers that went out on the full. North beat the Bulldogs with 47 seconds on the clock. It's easy to find examples of games lost either way. Clurey didn't commit a shocking turnover, he took a reasonable option in a pressure situation and it didn't work out. A lot of water passed under the bridge after that kick.

Wines also copped it a heap for missing a gettable shot and barely anything was said about Robbie missing two.

And then there was Wallis's pass to Gowers that went out on the full. North beat the Bulldogs with 47 seconds on the clock. It's easy to find examples of games lost either way. Clurey didn't commit a shocking turnover, he took a reasonable option in a pressure situation and it didn't work out. A lot of water passed under the bridge after that kick.

Unfortunately it has happened way too many times in close games and we always end up on the wrong side, our composure is definitely an issue.

Unfortunately it has happened way too many times in close games and we always end up on the wrong side, our composure is definitely an issue.

No argument there. The ball should never have been cleared from the bounce and the vacant lot in front of McGovern should have been filled. Bad, dumb team defence.

Depressingly inevitable that we'd be number 1 on the seven plays in seven days segment. I've deliberately not watched the replay of 'that' moment, and I'm absolutely gobsmacked at the room McGovern had. He basically took it uncontested. :(

Depressingly inevitable that we'd be number 1 on the seven plays in seven days segment. I've deliberately not watched the replay of 'that' moment, and I'm absolutely gobsmacked at the room McGovern had. He basically took it uncontested. :(

This is why our defence first stuff is bullshit. We aren't even that good at it.

Sent from mTalk

There is footage of Jonas screaming at Ebert to switch off McGovern and to drop back onto Rioli. Plenty of time to do it before the original bounce and then again at the following stoppage. McGovern does the smart thing and pushes up to force Ebert to go with him then he pushes back after the ball up. The rest is history.

There is footage of Jonas screaming at Ebert to switch off McGovern and to drop back onto Rioli. Plenty of time to do it before the original bounce and then again at the following stoppage. McGovern does the smart thing and pushes up to force Ebert to go with him then he pushes back after the ball up. The rest is history.
At the moment a perfectly executed kick drops into McGovern's arms was the only instance where the 'plenty of time' thing holds up. It was like the sequence of events that saw us steal the first Showdown this year. Players out of position gambling on a different result from the final clearance, If we'd won the final clearance against West Coast and gone forward they would have been the bunnies with their champion intercept player at the wrong end of the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back