Preview Round 21: Western Bulldogs vs Essendon, Docklands, Sunday 8/08/2021 @ 3:20 PM

Do we break the curse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hird05

All Australian
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting that the bookies don't have us as the most one sided game this weekend. Three other teams longer odds. We are the same chance as last week apparently. Surprising. Take off the afl sanctioned 3 goal advantage to nsw teams and we could make an ok show of it.

Looking like another sharp lockdown, wonder if we can play with no crowds or if there will be a scramble to get out of town again...

Looking like another sharp lockdown, wonder if we can play with no crowds or if there will be a scramble to get out of town again...
Tassie already told AFL it's not willing to let Hawks Pies game be played down there, I doubt W.A will want a heap of teams at the moment. Been playing with no crowds in VIC for the past 2-3 weeks can't see a problem with that continuing unless the Vic Gov say otherwise.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Guelfi, Hooker, Gleeson, Phillips, Waterman, Ham into the extended squad.

Langford and Heppell the only outs at this stage

Where's the melts
No one has been dropped yet except those who were already known to be injured and unavailable…

Just wait for Cox, Draper, Parish out for Guelfi, Phillips, Ham 😅

Reckon we win this, don't @ me nerds!
images

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I love Perkins but for selection integrity he need a spell. He’s hardly touched the ball for 3 weeks and hasn’t been laying any tackles either. Either make him the sub or give him the week off, being dropped will keep him on his toes.

MiguelM

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Even if we had our best 22 available the Dogs would be clear favorites.

Will be interesting what our interchange is. For me I would have Clarke, Phillips, Guelfi & Waterman with Gleeson the Sub.

If we get within 30 points it is a win.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Squiggle's aggregate tipping has us at a 22 point loss. I think most of us would take that after recent history.

BOMBERROB2000

Debutant
May 9, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Even if we had our best 22 available the Dogs would be clear favorites.

Will be interesting what our interchange is. For me I would have Clarke, Phillips, Guelfi & Waterman with Gleeson the Sub.

If we get within 30 points it is a win.

No doubt they are heavy favourites but if we can play with the same effort as last week we are a chance. it is about time we beat these pricks they have embarrassed us too many times in the last 5 years. just need to defend better as a team and once we get the balance right we will be a much more complete side..!!!

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Laverde has revitalised his career down back this season, and the squad is all the better for it. Holding Buddy to 2 goals in a shootout for technically a 20-game defender is outstanding. Would be sad to see him miss with injury but kudos to Jayden and the coaching staff for turning it around. Can see Francis swinging back to replace him as an interceptor, with Chook returning fresh from the break up front.
In each of the Dogs losses this year they have been well down on Inside-50 conversion rate. With their incredible midfield it will be hard to stop them getting the ball, so the key will be defensive transition and structure behind the ball. Forward half pressure will give our defenders time to set up and reduce 1-on-1 contests, which I am sure Bruce, Naughton, English, Bont, even Weightman will dominate if allowed. Walla, Dev and Ming will need to be in top form. Limiting turnover will also play a massive role in stopping easy leaks. If Langford misses we are in major trouble. Prefer being the underdog but I've had enough of that. Let's scare the pants off the Dogs and go into the last fortnight firing. Go Dons.
Unfortunately we misread the manual and think defensive transition means helping the other team transition out of their defence.

The dogs will break us in half again unless our forward pressure is insane. Haven't seen us do that for weeks and I don't think it will happen this week when the dogs are so good at the coalface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back