Preview Round 22 – GWS Giants vs Sydney Swans, Saturday 18th August 2018, Spotless Stadium, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a pretty good team but Kelly is so important. He was out during out run of losses.

But Nick Smith is juts as big a loss for them.

Our backline super important this week. They have some quality forwards.

And I hope they have a plan for Alir Alir. If we bomb it long he will have a field day. He is fast become like Jeremy McGovern. Quality player

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

That useless thug Walker...biggest sniper in the game. When you consider what happened to Goodes for really minimal acts this bloke gets away with blue murder. I’ll never forgive his deliberate thug act against Josh. If anyone thinks he had any other business being there to do that they have rocks in their heads.

Anyways hopefully we can still get it done without Kelly and Greene but will be very tough.

All posters, incluing GWS posters are expected to play the ball, not the man
That useless thug Walker...biggest sniper in the games. When you consider what happened to Goodes for really minimal acts this bloke gets away with blue murder.

Anyways hopefully we can still get it done without Kelly and Greene but will be very tough.
You're very strong on opinions of people you dont know. At least I can be confident you'll reverse them regularly.

That useless thug Walker...biggest sniper in the game. When you consider what happened to Goodes for really minimal acts this bloke gets away with blue murder. I’ll never forgive his deliberate thug act against Josh. If anyone thinks he had any other business being there to do that they have rocks in their heads.

The way he acted afterwards showed exactly what type of individual he is.

The fact Kenners got in his face showed also that something wasnt right.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

All posters, incluing GWS posters are expected to play the ball, not the man
You're very strong on opinions of people you dont know. At least I can be confident you'll reverse them regularly.

Walker is a bloke that has been guilty of countless heinous acts of thuggery. One of his most memorable was pushing a defenceless player into a goal post.

http://m.afl.com.au/video/2017-07-07/tex-says-sorry-for-jj-shove-into-goalpost

If you can watch this vision and come up with any other conclusion I would be surprised, and believe me there is much more.

As for the comment about changing opinions, I’ll let that slide until your next incarnation Bonky...your avatar is very apt.

Last edited:
Personal abuse is certainly in character for you, but it changes so randomly from day to day. A heinous act is the final solution, not a rough tackle obviously.

Bonky, I’m an open book and call it as I see it. I’m not always right but at least I am not passive aggressive. You created that many enemies here in your previous incarnation that you had to give yourself a spell and a name change to get over it. You have a rare ability to get under the skin of Giants and Non-Giants fans.

Now enough of this, if you want to talk to me you can privately, or just ignore as we have done successfully before. This forum is for others enjoyment not our petty squabbling.

Bonky, I’m an open book and call it as I see it. I’m not always right but at least I am not passive aggressive. You created that many enemies here in your previous incarnation that you had to give yourself a spell and a name change to get over it. You have a rare ability to get under the skin of Giants and Non-Giants fans.

Now enough of this, if you want to talk to me you can privately, or just ignore as we have done successfully before. This forum is for others enjoyment not our petty squabbling.
It's important you understand you simply cannot instruct me in anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see Finlayson back in the team. Realistically he is the best equipped to replace Heater for the now. He showed some good signs but is a confidence player and dropped his head a bit last time after a few things he tried didn’t come off.

If he backs himself in he is a very good player and has a wonderful left boot on him.

I want to get tickets, not much left. Does anyone know what standing room tickets are, will I still be able to sit down. Taking wife and 5 year old, do I need to buy a ticket for him

I want to get tickets, not much left. Does anyone know what standing room tickets are, will I still be able to sit down. Taking wife and 5 year old, do I need to buy a ticket for him
The standing tickets are for the area under the scoreboard on the northern end, no seats there.

I only managed to get standing room tickets, do you think I would be able to sneak into the GA area (I'm by myself) without getting my tickets checked?
I've always found it easy to move about Spotless without getting checked

Tomorrow might be a different story with most seats already sold though

I've always found it easy to move about Spotless without getting checked

Tomorrow might be a different story with most seats already sold though
I remember a Giants-Swans game a few years back, I went for the start of the NEAFL game. I had a reserved seat and I was the only guy in that bay at the time and they still asked to look at my ticket. It feels as though they are extra vigilant for the bigger derby crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah okay, that might be a problem then :D
Yeah it's wierd. G A members had to pay a booking fee to get in for this game and reserve a seat. I think it's because in previous years all tkts were sold but only 22k showed up. I guess they had to reserve capacity for limited game members without knowing how many would show up.

I have a reserved seat and they emailed me to ask I sit with the orange army.

Yeah it's wierd. G A members had to pay a booking fee to get in for this game and reserve a seat. I think it's because in previous years all tkts were sold but only 22k showed up. I guess they had to reserve capacity for limited game members without knowing how many would show up.

I have a reserved seat and they emailed me to ask I sit with the orange army.
Cool thanks, that makes sense. I do remember the game with the storm that you guys won, I was sitting with my mates in GA behind the goals under the big scoreboard. So looks like things have changed since then.

It's alright, I'll just pretend I'm in the 70s watching from the hill.

Will they put him number 1 though ? They would miss that intercept.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
There is literally no choice with the Swans missing all their tall defenders through injury. Aliir is Sydney's only tall defender this week, with the next tallest option being Rampe at 189cm. The Swans are seriously undersized at the back when you line them up man for man against the Giants. It's small-ball time..

Interestingly Sydney didn't bring in O'Riordan or Grundy either, so after Rampe we drop right off to McVeigh, Jones and Lloyd who are small defenders. We brought in Robinson who is a midfielder. Kinda average one at that... I can only assume Longmire has decided this is the week we need to win the ball prior to letting it get in to our defensive 50? Would be a total change of plan for Sydney..

Hey guys how do the roles of Hopper and Tarranto change with Kelly being out? Will they both receive more midfield time, or have they already been playing permanant midfield?

Thanks!

Hey guys how do the roles of Hopper and Tarranto change with Kelly being out? Will they both receive more midfield time, or have they already been playing permanant midfield?

Thanks!

Both permanent mids and both playing very well. Taranto is a super runner, has great hands and good tackler. Hopper is as hard as a cat’s head and starting to kick some goals.

Everybody just has to step up but nothing replaces Chooky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back