Preview Round 22 – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Sunday 18th August, Giants Stadium, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Kelly and De Boer will need a couple runs before finals, if they're ready to go

If Jezza needs a rest then bring in Sproule
Leon likes his experienced players. Personally feel he is more likely to bring HH back in as a direct replacement and stick with Mumford/Simpson rotating as poor forwards.

I too think Sproule deserves a go with Mumford + Cameron out for HH + Sproule.

Looking at the difference between a potential best 22 from the beginning of the year and what team will run out this week
Bold is confirmed 7
Italic are tests 5
So a real test of the clubs depth and spirit this week after the weekend and it will be interesting to see the number of sub 10 gamers that run onto the field for the weekend and at this stage all I hope for is a respectable performance by the team and no injuries
And with the way it looks at the moment the position on the ladder is reasonably secure in 6th and it will just need a win v the Suns and a reason why I dont think the club will take any risks with any in doubt players at least we will likely see Bonar, Hately and Caldwell again and maybe a debut for Sproule

Shaw Davis Taylor
Williams Corr Haynes
Whitfield Ward Kelly
MDB
Cameron Taranto
Greene HH Langdon
Mumford Coniglio Hopper
Deledio Tomlinson Kennedy TOJ

Will there be any listed players in the NEAFL this week?

A few players coming back from injury in Corr, O'Halloran and Cumming likely and depending on how many come into seniors Idun, Brown, Sheridan or Shipley will possibly be on the bench and then if Briggs is ok from his Hip issue a fortnight ago and if Simpson is left out from AFL, a few others who are tests as well in the 2 Buckleys, Buntine and Lloyd so between 6-12

I think I'm just going to hide under the bed this week and take comfort that we've basically wrapped up a final spot already (we can only drop out if we lose by a total of 90+ points across the two remaining games to cause about a 8% drop, and Essendon, Port and Adelaide all win both) and next week is the Suns, and a win against them means we can't finish worse than 7th and will almost definitely stay in 6th.

If we win this week we can catch the Pies and finish 5th if they lose to Adelaide or Essendon which seems unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has got a 6 goal buffer, rest him a week as he is clearly carrying niggles

He has come off second best and looking sore in a lot challenges the last couple games he has played

Agree. Rest him.

giphy.gif

Or do his hammy, be out the whole of finals and still lose the Coleman.

Sigh. Just need to limit the damage on the scoreboard and have no more injuries to limp into the last H&A round. Still just a glimmer, but better than nothing.

Limit the damage on the scoreboard? :eek:

GWS is pretty strong favourites..

Then the bookies are morons. We're potentially missing our entire first string midfield and tall forward line; at best we'll be only 2/3 down, with the others carrying niggles or just back from long layoffs. You don't win games with an entire second string in 2/3 of your lines.
Kelly, Himmelberg, Deboer will all play

Cameron likely will as well

Still a strong team, and at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back