Preview Round 22 – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Sunday 18th August, Giants Stadium, 3.20pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I cant see the club taking a risk with any players this week as a week of for players to get over any niggles and then the game v the Suns for those to find some form (Kelly/MDB) and then the rest will be back in for hopefully a home final which will be a big advantage with the teams at 7/8 going to have game deficiencies
With Deledio confirmed out I would have this team and with 26 to be named on thursday I think the emergencies will be scraping the bottom of the list

Shaw Davis Haynes
Reid Keefe Kennedy
Whitfield Taranto/Shipley Kelly
MDB Cameron/Sproule Tomlinson
Hill HH Daniels
Mumford Greene Williams
Perryman Stein Bonar Caldwell

Sproule for Cameron
Shipley for Taranto
Buntine and Sheridan the others on the bench and maybe Idun and Simpson depending on Cameron and Taranto

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
GWS are going to want to win this. I'll bet my left one thry will all play
While yes beating the dogs is always a joy.

We won't risk players staying out injured longer due to risk. What good is beating you guys but losing players who were so so for the rest of the season. No Thanks.

Especially as it means next to nothing in regards to our finishing position.

Mattie2016

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Most dogs supporters are pessimistic about this game
I'm a dogs supporter and no pessimism here. Incredibly confident and looking at historical VFL/AFL results for teams winning by 100+ points, less that 5% go on to lose the following week. That stat alone suggests you are a 20-1 shot at best. With your injuries however, I'd say 40-1. Go Dogs.

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
Giants lost their shape completely last week with HH and Finlayson out. If Cameron is out this weekend, a similar result expected.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
I'm a dogs supporter and no pessimism here. Incredibly confident and looking at historical VFL/AFL results for teams winning by 100+ points, less that 5% go on to lose the following week. That stat alone suggests you are a 20-1 shot at best. With your injuries however, I'd say 40-1. Go Dogs.
Haha good Lord

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Shaw Davis Taylor
Williams Corr Haynes
Whitfield Ward Kelly
MDB
Cameron Taranto
Greene HH Langdon
Mumford Coniglio Hopper
Deledio Tomlinson Kennedy TOJ

Surely after that "performance" last week Mumford cannot be picked? It's like going in one short.

And he has the highest free kick against differential in the AFL - by 9 to the next player!

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Track work people's.

Buses replace trains between;

Waterfall and Central

There is also changed timetable and running for the Blue Mountains Lines, Western Lines and Inner West Lines as buses replace trains between Granville and Strathfield.

Please note you will need to leave your train as all these service will continue to the city via the Bankstown line.

If you are coming from the City there are direct services from Central to Olympic Park.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
A few ins, a big debut and a massive out.
Screenshot_20190815-182245_AFL.jpeg

So our bench will be four these 8:
  • 13 Isaac Cumming
  • 10 Aiden Bonar
  • 26 Dawson Simpson
  • 9 Jackson Hately
  • 35 Aidan Corr
  • 28 Zach Sproule
  • 5 Jye Caldwell
  • 42 Jake Stein
Hopefully it's: Cumming, Corr, Caldwell ... and Sproule. Although unlikely Sproule gets the debut w/o a mid-week announcement.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I'd expect the bench to go a bit differently. Corr & Cumming have had a long time out, so I'd expect them to return via NEAFL. I'd like to think we'll leave out Simpson - we just cannot sustain the 2 slow ruck tactic, & hence Sproule should debut up front with HH. I think they'd take a spare tall in Stein in that case, leaving a choice of 2 of Bonar, Hately & Caldwell - in which case I'd take the latter two.

In reality I'd expect since Sproule hasn't been announced as a debutant that he'll be NEAFL, Simpson will be in the team, and something else will be unbalanced as well.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Similar thoughts to Giant Strides in that I cant see Corr and Cumming even on the bench and then it comes down to Simpson v Sproule and I would like to see Sproule be rewarded for a good 3 seasons on the list and something for him to work on over the summer to get back in the team although if both rucks are in the team it wont work and it could be a bigger loss than with only 1 and hard to know if they go with an extra tall defender in Stein or the mid in one of the 3 youngsters and I hope for the mid as with the Dogs only likely to have Schache in forward 50 Keefe and Davis can match up on them and Haynes can fill in or play on a tall mid playing forward

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Good inclusions yes, but we kicked our lowest score ever last week because we went in with only 1 tall forward.

This week we still only have 1 with Jezza out. A lot on himmleburgs shoulders.

Against a team who won by over 100.

I just can't see a way we win this

Bulldogs by 35

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back