Review Round 22 – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Sunday 18th August, House of Pain, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Confidence looks shot after last week.

You'd just hope they can get two finals worth of experience into Caldwell. He's going to be an absolute ******* gun.
I can’t wait to see him tear it up at one of the Big 4 in 18 months time!!

Why? Players or coaching staff are going to hand out this rubbish why bother?
Seriously considered having a sicky so I could go to this.
Glad I didn't.
Don’t go over and above for this team
Until they start going over and above for us.

How do you expect players to have any confidence in the game plan when the coach is clearly rattled and bereft of any be himself?

Goes to the sideline and wins a few games so stays there then loses a few and back in the box.

His only consistency is eating lollies and guzzling coke. Get the other stuff, it might spark you up for longer numpty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honours go to Daniels, Whitfield and Haynes who I felt didn't have their pants lowered.

So many others though...
  • Williams - shocker today. Wonder if he's carrying something that causes his sporadic kicking issues.
  • Kelly looked pretty underdone, a few miskicks which is very unusual, but hopefully is better for the run.
  • Taranto sells out to attempt (and fail) to get the ball too often instead of being willing to close out space. He's a big reason the Dogs often ended up with a spare. Needs to be a bit smarter but I'll cut him slack given youth.
  • Simpson had 56 hitouts and buggered if I know how few were to advantage. A big issue as a result of no midfield continuity.
  • Sproule couldn't mark, couldn't tackle. Hopefully the lesson sticks - he needs to keep his intensity high 100% of the time to make it at AFL level.
  • Stein & Corr both had poor body work and looked really out of place.
  • Tomlinson slowed it down so much. It was a killer.
  • Caldwell was invisible but gets slack cut due to a second gamer.

Well this will be an early exit.

Will win next week and be bundled out 1st week of the finals.

Leon should be sacked and players who don't want their nails broken traded out with some guys who actually want to play brought in.

Tobey given captaincy straight away.
Playing the way we have played the last four weeks, the Gold Coast May just jump us.
The umpires are not impartial with us.

I was tipping a solid 9.

Given it was barely 10, I don't think they pumped it up like GC can.

A substantial chunk were Dogs supporters though.

I've been there when there was 5, 6, 7, etc and feels a lot emptier.

Anyone wondering if Cogs wants to stay if he has a chance to go to a club that won’t get screwed each week?

We were in that game until half time, then Dogs played well, the umpires (especially Fischer) lent a hand, and we played badly. With each minute, we got worse as confidence sank.
Sat freezing in Canberra for the same lack of competition.
I just don’t get how they keep trying the switch when the Dogs were onto it within the first 10 minutes?!? “The Giants like to switch. We’ll just run up and pressure to the point of a mistake and capitalise”. Giants just kept doing it like unthinking robots.

They just gave up. As we were leaving, people clapped them off the ground.

I think that whoever we face in 3 weeks will trounce us. We are playing with zero confidence or plan.
It seems we have plan that is stuck to no matter what happens. Weather, or an astute opponent. It’s like we stick to a failing plan with no plan B.
I blame the lot of them, players and coaches. How do you keep playing that way for a whole game and not adjust?
Not a sign of a great team.

It seems we have plan that is stuck to no matter what happens. Weather, or an astute opponent. It’s like we stick to a failing plan with no plan B.
I blame the lot of them, players and coaches. How do you keep playing that way for a whole game and not adjust?
Not a sign of a great team.

FWIW you can blame the players for lack of effort, but you can't blame the players for not adjusting on their own - it basically requires buy in from all of them to a game plan, and if half of them switch we'd arguably be worse off than we'd otherwise be and that's what would happen if it's not brought in by the coaches. Guys start going up the middle to players who aren't there, half set up for a switch and the other half try to run into the teeth of the defence, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back