Game Day Round 22, 2016 - Brisbane Lions vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gameday! Last home game for season 2016. Hopefully we see a competitive effort from the boys.

f22439441ed030efd6a60f0eb9786ad4.gif

Hopefully the boys can clinch a win for both Merrett and Zorks (and the debutante Clayton). If not I just want to see a competitive effort where we at least challenge the Cats.

In saying that though I kind've hope we do get smashed just so the cats let their guard down and we give the Demons a real shot at making finals next week.

Not sure I'm game to watch, but....

...So many reasons I want the boys to give this game one helluva shot....Merrett, Zorks, Clayton, Us......and most of all, for Leppa.

Well, at least it's live on TV. Hopefully i last longer than the Liverpool game overnight when i had to bed in disgust when the reds went down 2-0. Insipid, i think the word is.

Prediction: Not sure I will be watching after half time BUT you never know!

Hawkins to "find form" and kick 5/6,
Rich to start off on fire and finish with under 10 disposals in the last 3 quarters, Rockliff to get 33 possessions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It comes down to the first goal.

If they kick the first goal, they're doomed and we should break out the non-alcoholic celebratory drinks. If we kick the first goal, then it becomes the usual "Let the little sods tire themselves out" before they steamroll us.

Geelong not too far off Adelaide's percentage - but need decent wins over the last two games. Potential extra home final at stake. They'll be keen.

I note that Geelong are at 1.03 for the win, in from 1.04 earlier in the week. When we played Adelaide they were 1.01 for the win. I have been pondering on this difference. Could it mean that Geelong supporters are three or four times more pessimistic than Adelaide supporters?

I think I know the reason for the discrepancy in the odds. Adelaide supporters are richer than Geelong supporters and so can 'invest' more money on a sure thing. None of my Brisbane friends still watch the games so I now invite opposition supports around to watch Brisbane.

We took it up to Sydney on a wet night match. Is it too much to hope for a similar game today.

Anything under ten goals is a plus and let's hope the younger brigade show some promise.

Go the LIons

I'm catching public transport there so I don't have to worry about getting two cars home.

That is strange coming from you. Willingly mixing with the common folk on public transport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back