Preview Round 22, 2017: Brisbane Lions v Melbourne Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funnily enough, I much prefer winter....if I'm dressed appropriately.

When I lived in the country and trained my dogs, I loved setting off for walks in the rain, with rain coat, hat and gum boots on and the dogs had their rain coats on. Yes, I had proper rain coats for them as well.

The smell of rain in the bush is glorious, the dogs loved all the new smells during or after the rain too. I miss those days.

When I lived in the country and trained my dogs, I loved setting off for walks in the rain, with rain coat, hat and gum boots on and the dogs had their rain coats on. Yes, I had proper rain coats for them as well.

The smell of rain in the bush is glorious, the dogs loved all the new smells during or after the rain too. I miss those days.

Made me feel all cosy. You should be an author MacMum.

Qld winter consists of dry air and mo fuggin static electricity. Trying to remember the last time it rained

Nuts. Melbourne surely has to win given a loss could see them missing finals.
As the Junktime AFL Podcast guys say "We're shaping the 8!".

Made me feel all cosy. You should be an author MacMum.

Thanks. I've often thought I'd like to write a book, only the one though is in my head....but I wouldn't know where to start. It's about the drama's one of our cats got up to. All true stories. He is often spoken of to this day in our family. A much loved little legend!

I see the way to beat the Dees is to quell the influence and offence of Hibberd and Jayden Hunt. Who do you think will get these guys. I am hoping for Barrett to negate Hibberd and out of left field..........Cutler to be assigned the task of stopping the run of Hunt (may kick 3 sausage rolls doing so). If the coach is not feeling that brave then, as usual, Robbo to pick one up. Could be the making of Cutler who has been knocked for his lack of tightness in defence........then tightness and pressure in offence maybe his go........also to shuv it up the Dees for sniffing around Cutler last trade period. Anyway I feel Cutler is too good a player for NEAFL and we must persist with him to find his position(he may not be a hbfer).

Last edited:
Coming up against one of the best contested possession teams this week, I'm a little surprised we didn't swap C.Beams with Keays.

Witho for Cox the only change for this week. That suits me fine. A bit surprised to see Claye Beams stay in,but he was ok last week and maybe they want to give him this last few games to decide whether to hold onto him or delist.

Witho for Cox the only change for this week. That suits me fine. A bit surprised to see Claye Beams stay in,but he was ok last week and maybe they want to give him this last few games to decide whether to hold onto him or delist.

The poor bugger deserves a couple more chances.

Apart from being hampered by a career racked by injury, he was pretty handy against GC.

The poor bugger deserves a couple more chances.

Apart from being hampered by a career racked by injury, he was pretty handy against GC.
Been a good club man but just doesn't tackle or win enough of his own ball for my liking. Slower than a wet week. Injuries have slowed him down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take me home .Nothing better light rain through the she oaks and a stroll through a trail with your best (furry) mate.
LLIfe can be so simple but so pleasent.

Love the Lions to make a big statement this week. It would be great for our confidence as we think about 2018 to come to the MCG and beat Melbourne. I think we can do it. I'd love to see Ryan Lester starting in the midfield and Rockliff picking up where he let of in the forward line last week. I want to see some mongrel from the boys this week. Hitting Melbourne hard from the outset to throw them off balance and putting scoreboard pressure on them is going to be the key.
Lions by 32 points.

Love the Lions to make a big statement this week. It would be great for our confidence as we think about 2018 to come to the MCG and beat Melbourne. I think we can do it. I'd love to see Ryan Lester starting in the midfield and Rockliff picking up where he let of in the forward line last week. I want to see some mongrel from the boys this week. Hitting Melbourne hard from the outset to throw them off balance and putting scoreboard pressure on them is going to be the key.
Lions by 32 points.
You want mongrel, and ask for Lester in the square!

Going to be a cracker of game. Massive fan of brissy. Cant wait till you guys are up in the 8. Just not this week.
Will be coming down to watch when they are a good side again side again.
Hopefully next year.

Great value at the line for us. I don't think it's going to go past 30 points either way.

I don't usually gamble but I might have a cheeky bet on Sunday.

Last edited:
Lions by 32 points.

I like the idea of Rocky starting forward, The Dees have some really damaging players off HB, Hunt, Brayshaw and Hibberd.
If Rocky goes forward it will actually make one of those players accounatable.

You want mongrel, and ask for Lester in the square!
He gets hold of it and his handball is slick. His break away centre clearance and driving inside 50 kick to Rockliff that resulted in a goal last week was a classic. Just what we have been missing. Someone on our board posted data a few weeks ago showing that when Lester plays in the middle our clearance rate improves. Sure, Lester isn't the sort of 'Old School Hard Man' that members of the 'Over 50's Clique' would remember, but he has attributes which would make him a great midfielder. His height, judgement and ability to not panic under pressure are all attributes we need in the middle. Ryan Lester is still developing and I'm afraid you are going to just have to get used to him Len S, because I can see him becoming a 200+ gamer and possibly a future club captain.

Nice little highlight reel. I love the tackle at 35 seconds in.

Last edited:
Really pleased to see Close (and to a lesser extent C Beams) in the team. I too am a big fan and I'm pleased the club is giving him an opportunity to show his worth. I'd feel much more comfortable to lose him if he doesn't perform. Didn't do a much last so does need to show a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back