Game Day Round 22, 2017 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our backline allowing Hogan and Pederson about 12 shots on goals probably cost us in the end.

Actually I've given him credit on several occasions for the way he turned his off-field reputation around this year. It's admirable.

Agreed which is why I took a shot at our whole midfield group earlier and am talking about the whole dynamic. I don't like that we play two slow, mid sized midfielders in the same rotation. And if it comes to a choice, I pick Beams unapologetically. I've always rated Rocky as a forward as an aside.

I think the other position had to go to an inside bulldozer with pace or a tall, physical Josh Kennedy type. The latter may be on our list already, we need to find the former.

Good mark and goal Rocky. Like I said, I've always rated his forward play.
When Rockliff's fitter than he is now, I think he's a more consistent contested ball winner than Beams. Beams will have days like today (16 contested) but he can also have games when he only has 5 contested possessions. If Rockliff can have an impact forward more often, I think it can work rotating Beams inside/outside/forward to make sure their lack of pace doesn't hurt us too often. Problem is that we still need a younger mid who's ready to start in a centre bounces straight away. Berry's almost there, but apart from him we're a bit thin in that regard unless Mathieson and Keays really step up.

Demons fans think they just took down a juggernaut when really they s**t their pants in the last and only just got over the line.

Gonna enjoy them play like this in finals and get destroyed.
Their carry on in the main board is hilarious. If the umps actually paid for throws and HTB decisions they'd actually have something to be pissed off about.

Demons fans think they just took down a juggernaut when really they s**t their pants in the last and only just got over the line.

Gonna enjoy them play like this in finals and get destroyed.

Fair play to the Dees now that the emotion of the game has dissipated. They've clearly progressed. The Dees of 2016 and before probably would have caved totally under the pressure we put on them today.

If we diminish their performance too much we also diminish ours. They did beat Adelaide in Adelaide after all.

Only umpiring part that has me bewildered is when allison spun 720 and gets the hands away and got pinged. Next quarter petracca does the same thing exactly like it could not be any less similar and gets the hands away and its play on. Both cost us a goal.

Fair play to the Dees now that the emotion of the game has dissipated. They've clearly progressed. The Dees of 2016 and before probably would have caved totally under the pressure we put on them today.

If we diminish their performance too much we also diminish ours. They did beat Adelaide in Adelaide after all.

When they were playing well in the third, yeah, they were good. But do what they did in the last during FINALS? They are in for a world of pain.

If we play like we did this week against North next week, we beat them.

When they were playing well in the third, yeah, they were good. But do what they did in the last during FINALS? They are in for a world of pain.

Most likely, but that's a lesson most sides have to cop on their way back up.

That might be us in a year or two.

Not going to lie I was one of those people that wrote off Lewy Taylor, but my word that young boy is a player! Works his absolute butt off.

In addition we need to keep Rockliff in this side such a mature influence and if he can have a niggle free year next year can be all Australian easily!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEN guys saying Lewy would nearly be the hungriest player going around atm.....then said no wonder KB (Hungry) loves him. Also said that we wouldn't give up even if we lose, we'll go down fighting.....and we did.

Very very happy with our boys. What a different team we are now.

Like Ceebee said, gotta love Fagan. Our number 1 asset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back