Review Round 22 2018 - Collingwood 115-64 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

The hacks on Gameday were banging on about it this morning. You wonder what tabloid journalism inspired bullshit the producers feed them to discuss. No mention of sewing up our first finals since 2013. No mention of being in the box seat for top 4. They're the real stories. Like one 50m penalty has such a huge impact on the game when the margin is 51 points. Ludicrous.
This is what is annoying about those guys, including Garry Lyon. "Any punch should be an automatic suspension" all last week after Gaff. One week later the game is soft and a punch shouldn't even be a 50.
Seriously the outrage against the punch didnt even last a couple of weeks for these morons.

On the 50. Instead of bagging the decision, how about bag the team that are so mentally soft that all it took was one 50 to give up the next 7 goals.

This is what is annoying about those guys, including Garry Lyon. "Any punch should be an automatic suspension" all last week after Gaff. One week later the game is soft and a punch shouldn't even be a 50.
Seriously the outrage against the punch didnt even last a couple of weeks for these morons.

On the 50. Instead of bagging the decision, how about bag the team that are so mentally soft that all it took was one 50 to give up the next 7 goals.
Again, the50 should have been paid when the player on the mark prevented the player from standing by pushing him in the back and causing his head to contact the turf.
Ump erred there. And made up for it with a softish, but still there, 50.

I don’t understand the angst. I would love for the media to keep pushing the agenda while we keep winning.
My favorites would be
“West Coast list the qualifying final when Kennedy and NicNat went down and Gaff got suspended.”
Followed by
“Pies beat Hawks / Sydney because the had a week off and were fresh”
And finally
“Pies didn’t win the premiership Richmond lost it!”
That would be music to my ears.

Not to mention the "no disrespect" to Langdon comment.

I've always found too commentators will barrack for the underdog - unless the underdog is Collingwood.

Spot on mate. For both points.

We are not served well by the overwhelming dumbness of most of them

I reckon Daisy Pearce has a bit to offer. Burgoyne was alright as a guest. I wonder what they could have offered if they had been directed to ask different questions. I think the producers have a lot to answer for. Some, like Rompingwins, are beyond redemption.

Getting sick of the “umpire erred in giving the 50 which stopped Ports momentum and lead to 7 unanswered Collingwood goals” line being trotted out by every media outlet, last night and this morning.
The fact is the umpire erred by not awarding a 50 after the player who was awarded the free was picked up then slammed in the back forcing his face to contact the ground.
There was the 50 right there.
I agree with that -- saw it and thought it was a 50 straight away. Once Motlop got the punch away there were two reasons to give 50.
Separate issue is whether 50 metres is too big a penalty for the offence. It needs to be looked at -- in my opinion 25 or 30 would be fairer all around.

I reckon Daisy Pearce has a bit to offer. Burgoyne was alright as a guest. I wonder what they could have offered if they had been directed to ask different questions. I think the producers have a lot to answer for. Some, like Rompingwins, are beyond redemption.
Yes, I exclude Daisy, she is a genuine talent and really knows her stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When there's the chance to get the majority of their audience onside by bagging /being anti Cwood or not giving Cwood due credit - guess which way the ratings chasing foam brain media hacks will go?

The hacks on Gameday were banging on about it this morning. You wonder what tabloid journalism inspired bullshit the producers feed them to discuss. No mention of sewing up our first finals since 2013. No mention of being in the box seat for top 4. They're the real stories. Like one 50m penalty has such a huge impact on the game when the margin is 51 points. Ludicrous.
It’s the same crap they harp on about us not beating top 8 teams, they don’t mention the fact we beat Adelaide in Adelaide when they were in the 8, flogged north when they were in the 8, smashes Melbourne and only lost to the swans by 2 points.
It’s selective journalism ignoring the actual facts.

Absolutely a huge win yesterday, chance to finish top four now. Beating Freo next week will ensure Treloar, Moore, Ried, Goldsack and Fas all have time to prove their fitness before the second elimination final if it comes to that.

Madgen is being exposed at this level much earlier than the club would have planned for.
Had to play on number one forwards at time.
That’s not the way any club wants to blood youngsters. But circumstances dictate.
He's doing pretty well considering his experience I reckon. Our circumstances do dictate fast learnings

Simple fact is, bagging Collingwood sells. As people have said, if the mental short people of the media want to bag us out for winning, the best way to really irritate them is to keep winning.

But the simple fact that we're hated again rather than pitied just proves that we are back.

Port's lack of resistance in the last quarter was shameful, but we were pretty sharp when it mattered.

- Grundy's competitiveness is breathtaking. Loved the fend off and dash from him.
- Aish faded out when we heated up, but his first half was impressive.
- Langdon is holding our defence together at this point. Composure and fortitude, and was ably helped by Maynard.
- Adams had another standout game. A very handsome man.
- Chris Mayne: maybe not as handsome as Adams, but a beautiful soul and a fine game from him.
- Sier seemed a lot more influential than his mere 16 possessions would suggest. He was definitely a strong midfield presence.

Finals: **** yes.
Bugger playing ability. Whos the most handsome in our team... top ten?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back