Preview Round 22 2018: Richmond vs Essendon Fri 7:50pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houli going to channel Richo in his political statement to Senator Annings comments

CpX609xVUAAZIIe.jpg

Hi guys. Pardon the intrusion. What do you think the chances are that Caddy gets more midfield time this week with Prestia and Cotch out? I don't think he played midfield when you played against us with Prestia and Dusty out. Fantasy related question (it's my grand final). Muchas gracias and good luck.
Possibly .. 20%-80% midfield-forward time

Nothing against Garthwaite but theBombers don't really have a tall fwd line , so did we really need him in ? Or does it still allow Rance or Broad to roam free at times ?

Happy with Lloyd & Conca in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

images

double foot amputation and makes a miracle comeback in the same season

so brave #stumpbyconca

It’s called a foot relocation. Dr Nick Riveria is the worlds leading practitioner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t had such a good laugh in hours til I came to this forum!
You blokes sound rattled!
False sense of confidence yet shaking in your boots hahaha

Geez you're easily amused. Must have s**t for brains.

Confident but the result basically means nothing to us. The Bummers on the other hand can start flooding to the draft boards after tomorrow night.

Excuse my ignorance, but don't get down to Melbourne very often.
Would I be able to just turn up and get into tomorrow's game with my membership card?
Hope so, 'cause that's what I'm doing :D
Depending what time you get there, you may be limited for options with seating. I just stand so I'm happy just getting in the gate. If you want a good seat you may want to pre purchase but as long as you're not getting there at 7.30 you should be able to sit upstairs at the very least.

Houli and Saad to join coin toss for solidarity

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...coin-toss-for-solidarity-20180816-p4zxyq.html

Peter Ryan16 August 2018 — 7:45pm

Richmond's Bachar Houli and Essendon's Adam Saad are expected to accompany their respective captains to the coin toss on Friday as a strong gesture of unity ahead of the MCG blockbuster.

The clubs were moved to demonstrate the bonds between teammates from diverse backgrounds following the divisive speech delivered by Senator Fraser Anning this week.

Houli and Saad, both Muslims and the most exciting running defenders in the competition, were hoping to make the gesture to show the capacity for the game to unite people and their teammates were keen to express their support for the pair in what has been a trying week for many Muslims in Australia.

With Trent Cotchin missing the game through injury, Richmond will have a stand-in captain toss the coin with Jack Riewoldt and Alex Rance joint vice-captains. The Bombers' skipper is Dyson Heppell.

In the widely-condemned speech, Anning called for an end to Muslim immigration and used the phrase "the final solution," which is associated with the Holocaust.

In a statement Richmond reinforced the club's support of both Houli and Saad and their willingness to push a positive message.

"Tonight, both clubs take the opportunity presented by the AFL’s Friday night centre stage to stand alongside these young men and their community, and remind everyone that our great game and our country values people of all cultures and communities.

"Both Richmond and Essendon celebrate and embrace diversity in our great game, through our players, staff, partners, members and supporters, and by extension, we celebrate the diversity of our country."

Richmond and Essendon have a long history of supporting diversity and have turned the annual Dreamtime at the 'G into one of the biggest games on the calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back