Preview Round 22 2018: Richmond vs Essendon Fri 7:50pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope the players don't go into this thinking we've got it in the bag because this could be a danger game if we're not careful considering our outs. I'm sure everyone will give 100% though because there will certainly be some players fighting for a place in the side.

Having a look at the teams from last time:

Their midfield is definitely improved with the additions of Myers and Parish, improvement in Langford and a fit-again Zaharakis, but their forward line is now weaker considering no Fantasia (though he was injured a good chunk of last time), and only one tall in Mitch Brown, with Stringer being the medium forward, though he played more midfield last time. Stewart and McKernan are out. Hooker (if he gets up?) will possibly shift forward, leaving their backline pretty exposed with just Hurley down there. I don't really rate Aaron Francis, not yet anyway. Their defence is about the same as last time otherwise.

We are weaker through the middle this time with Cotchin and Lambert out, but Cotchin played just ok last time and Lambert had a tiny 8 possessions in that game. The damage was done by Dusty, Conca and Edwards through the middle, all playing tonight. Higgins has now started moving through the middle too so expect he will tonight, and Graham played his best game the day Cotchin was out against Fremantle, so I expect to see more possessions from him like that game. Prestia has played in neither game so doesn't matter.
We are marginally weaker in defence than last time with Astbury out, but from memory he didn't play too well anyway and Garthwaite is extremely good at blunting a player. Houli is now back too which increases our run from defence, he didn't play last time.
Lastly, I'd say we are on par up forward with last time, maybe ahead this time as Riewoldt was playing after being concussed the week before, he barely touched it all night, and Rioli is back which hugely increases our pressure and he is now pushing through the middle too. We miss Butler but hopefully Baker can use his pace tonight.

I think Essendon will challenge us greatly, but unless we are taking it a little easier for fitness' sake I can't see them beating us tonight, even with our midfield outs. St Kilda were all over Essendon for a patch early in their game last week and, whilst Essendon steadied and then dominated, St Kilda basically stopped dead - they gave Essendon an extreme amount of space all over the ground, letitng them stream forward unopposed a lot of the time. They won't get that against us and it made Essendon look better than they are, and not having a go at them. We absolutely destroyed St Kilda, who also played us with a stronger side than what they fielded against Essendon.

Last time we played, Essendon were "the form team of the comp", having beaten Geelong, GWS away and I think West Coast away too? But we won by 71 points.

If we lose, good on em, but I think that as the game wears on we'll still just be a bit too strong. I don't really get the talk about us being arrogant, I mean, we are top of the ladder, we are allowed to at least be confident. Essendon being called "certainties" if Fantasia had have been playing just smacks of the talk like pre-Dreamtime, when they got a reality check. Anyway, I still do think they can beat us but I honestly believe that it'll only be if we're taking it a little easier.

Enjoy fellas, hoping Conca and Dusty have absolute crackers tonight, carn the Tiges :)

I hope the players don't go into this thinking we've got it in the bag because this could be a danger game if we're not careful considering our outs. I'm sure everyone will give 100% though because there will certainly be some players fighting for a place in the side.
Danger game if we didn't already have top 2 sewn up, it really doesn't matter what happens.

I’m torn between thinking:

The Bombers are playing well and we haven’t had to deal with 3 of our best 4 mids missing in a game yet, as well as the guy down back who allows Rance to do whatever he wants also being out, there’s no way we win.

and

Our system and defence is great and can cover for the missing players, plus Fantasia is an enormous out for the Bombers. We can win this and doing so with the players we’re missing will demoralise the finals challengers.

Nothing is going to surprise me tonight.

Hi Punt rd end or Tiger Toffee can we just turn up tonight and scan our memberships or do i need to reserve seats? I like to stand at games so will i be ok.
Your help will be much appreciated.
If you like to stand TI you will be fine. That's all i'm doing, save your dollars for finals tix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zaharakis better make sure his shoulders are taped extra strong tonight, conca and toby arent done yet
bYWlfInCC2P6vPIvCYfNUYQ93HEcNNmF64hgekYh7YGmFTvv0LVusqzubLeosijvPz5JnVj62u6E2VHGT3D0nJcKkEw6Hza_hy1EK0MoHbEY5v5S0MA8U_POJ54NE0hl8WhYy_FFT5dsgUU8SsM6k_PYXjsMJBIZ8PmTY3EaHaWAIVaN=w240-h180-nc

Barrett's slobbed on their knobs in 'sliding doors', big surprise. #SoBrave

Barrett:

If
Fantasia was fit ...

then
the Bombers would've been certainties against the Tigers. We're still tipping them anyway.

FMD that bloke is a tool. Fantasia? FMD we have 4 fantasia's in our forward line. Fantasia played last time we walloped them didn't he.

I can't for the life of me understand why a guy like Dammo still has a job. His days are numbered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back