Preview Round 22, 2018: St.Kilda v Hawthorn - Etihad Stadium, Saturday 18th August, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Hawks

Votes: 73 84.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith should be a team-effort job. Block his run (legally) wherever possible- all of our blokes should be accountable for that. For running power, Sincs?

Shame Nathan Brown isn't in, he's good at limiting players impact.

Rice and Freeman aren't interchangeable.
No, but neither are Austin & Freeman.

We have dropped a mid to bring in a defender instead of swapping a taller one for a shorter one.

We've picked six defenders starting on the field, plus Newnes (who I think is a HBF), two on the bench and three in the emergencies.

That's a worried coach right there ^

We have dropped a mid to bring in a defender instead of swapping a taller one for a shorter one.

We've picked six defenders starting on the field, plus Newnes (who I think is a HBF), two on the bench and three in the emergencies.

Newnes isn't playing HBF. You might think he should play there, but he is a forward at the moment.

Austin is the only defender on the bench. Armo moves into the middle with Freeman out - Richo said as much at today's presser.

I'm not any more negative than anyone else, people get sucked in by VDS and Joffa finger pointing because they disagree with me and I'm often cracking the shits over things they like. White has a hip flexor injury. Coffield looks out on his feet.

On the selections it's just crazy to hold up a guy from a different position as an example of flawed selection. Rice and Freeman aren't interchangeable.
Yes you are...

I judge you harshly because I rate you more than others. ;)

Newnes isn't playing HBF. You might think he should play there, but he is a forward at the moment.

Austin is the only defender on the bench. Armo moves into the middle with Freeman out - Richo said as much at today's presser.
Oh yeah - what a shock that Armo on a back flank didn't pan out… was up there with Brown on Fantasia.

Newnes is 'named' on a wing and I would call Paton a defender… pretty unfair sticking him forward when he hasn't been playing there all year.

Wh
Intriguing posters keep saying players are being played out of position who say's they are BF experts give me a spell, so an U18 plays mid that automatically make him a mid in the AFL i don't think so & what players can't adapt to a different position uhhh :rolleyes:
o are you referring to exactly

I'm not any more negative than anyone else, people get sucked in by VDS and Joffa finger pointing because they disagree with me and I'm often cracking the shits over things they like. White has a hip flexor injury. Coffield looks out on his feet.

On the selections it's just crazy to hold up a guy from a different position as an example of flawed selection. Rice and Freeman aren't interchangeable.

Fair enough. I thought White played for Sandy last week, and didn’t think Coffield was as bad as rice. My original response was that someone said that Freeman was dropped because he was a liability, so my comparison to Rice was just to show that it clearly wasn’t that reason as rice had a shocker and kept his spot.

That's fair but I think that's to stem the bleeding. He's just hoping it's not a blow out. He probably knows if we lose but 60+ points he's just about gone. Newnes has played most of the year up front as well. Freeman has been pretty average on top of that. His best game was about as good as Ed Phillips worst game that got him dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's finally happening...

Hughie, Lewis and the Newnes!

Been waiting 3 years for that joke.

Yes it's true...

It's a shame we didn't keep Nick and have Hughie, Lewie and Rooey.

“We just want to make sure we have really strong matchups”

In what world does a mid make way for a tall defender? Surely the extra backman would go out. Sounds like a strong load of crap to me but doesn’t matter.

If that is the reason I think that shows we’re really missing that third tall defender. Logan Austin isn’t that for mine.

Playing devils advocate here;
Could the Freeman decision be based off medical advice to not put too much load on his leg post injury?
Don’t hang me, I think he was very harsh to be dropped if it wasn’t pre determined.

There is a very good chance it is some kind of preventive measure. Imagine him doing a major hammy in the 2nd last or last game. I'm guessing, but presume management of health/fitness comes into it, but don't let that stop you from having a melt if you are that way inclined.

Yes it's true...
Could they sing this for all the Sack Richo fans

I Want A New Coach

Oh
I want a new coach, one that won't make me sick
One that won't make me crash my car
Or make me feel feet, feet, feet thick
I want a new coach one that won't hurt my head
One that won't make my mouth too dry
Or make my eyes too red
One that won't make me nervous
Wonderin' what to do

I want a new coach, one that does what he should
One that won't make me feel too bad
One that won't make me feel too good
I want a new coach, one with no doubt
One that won't make me talk to much
Or make my face break out

Could they sing this for all the Sack Richo fans

I Want A New Coach

Oh
I want a new coach, one that won't make me sick
One that won't make me crash my car
Or make me feel feet, feet, feet thick
I want a new coach one that won't hurt my head
One that won't make my mouth too dry
Or make my eyes too red
One that won't make me nervous
Wonderin' what to do

I want a new coach, one that does what he should
One that won't make me feel too bad
One that won't make me feel too good
I want a new coach, one with no doubt
One that won't make me talk to much
Or make my face break out

If this it, please let us know.
If we're so s**t, you gotta sack the Cho...

Yes it's true, yes it's true...
We're pissed off be sure we're stuck with you.

We're s**t, s**t everywhere.
Because Cho is coach were s**t everywhere.

Yes it's true...
giphy.gif

Yes it's true...
You can anticipate BT or Eddie smugly dropping that jewel into their call if they're on duty for our game. Or Gerard in his 360 wrap up.

For the record Freezer had 55% game time last week. If he's being managed then they should say so. Other clubs are doing it.

Otherwise to drop him after just 2 games is ridiculous. Yes, that's two games. Who knows what his ceiling is ? He could have break out game just as easy as a poor one. People judging him on 2 games with limited game time should pull their heads in.

As for team balance, well Richo should play 10 defenders and three loose men behind the ball to prevent a massacre and shore his position up. Bad luck we wouldn't score more than 5 goals and the fans will be turning away in despair.

Yes it's true...
How many points will we win by?

Fore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back