Game Day Round 22, 2019: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton will bounce up the ladder like Brisbane. We have a deeper hole to climb out of on the back of poor recruitment, development & coaching over the past decade.

Yep, it's actually statistically very difficult to not make finals for over a decade, unfortunately that is the exact scenario we face.

To also have few if any potential superstars on the list despite years of high draft picks, really does take a special kind of ineptness.

I think we look bottom 4 for a few more years based o that. Carlton look like they will jump us. We aren't very good and that's our best 22 minus Gresham and we lose a couple next year. Depressing club.
Lol.

Stuv is miles off full fitness. Miles. Was a legit liability.

Carlisle looks to be as well.

Hanners will be way better if he gets a full preseason in and the long layoff looks to have left Lonie well short of full fitness as well.

We were also missing Geary and Webster who are regularly top 5 and 10 respectively in the B&F.

Carlton have won 6 of their last 10 games now so are CURRENTLY a mid table team, if not just inside the 8 on recent form. And playing on their home ground with huge crowd support, and we lost by under 2 goals.

The sky is FAR from falling!

They dominated the last. Led by Kruezer. Were all over us

Marshall had a harder time against Kruezer, he's a similar type to Marshall. Hopefully without the injuries.

Kreuzer got the better of Marshall today.

Dumb football and poor disposal cost us in the end.... again.

Hunter Clark was good, but needs to learn he doesn't always have to take the trickiest option.

Worst game of Jack Steven's career.

Dunstan not good... where was Long?.. Sinclair Newnes and Lonie just don't cut it for me.

All in all, we just lack class.

Lol.

Stuv is miles off full fitness.

Carlisle looks to be as well.

Hanners will be way better if he gets a full preseason in and the long layoff looks to have left Lonie well short of full fitness as well.

We were also missing Geary and Webster who are regularly top 5 and 10 respectively in the B&F.

Carlton have won 6 of their last 10 games now so are CURRENTLY a mid table team, if not just inside the 8 on recent form. And playing on their home ground with huge crowd support, and we lost by under 2 goals.

I know, the only thing abut that is if Geary and Webster are high in our Band F that's depressing in it's self. Mac was too.;(

Kreuzer got the better of Marshall today.

Dumb football and poor disposal cost us in the end.... again.

Hunter Clark was good, but needs to learn he doesn't always have to take the trickiest option.

Worst game of Jack Steven's career.

Dunstan not good... where was Long?.. Sinclair Newnes and Lonie just don't cut it for me.

All in all, we just lack class.

Negated him rather than beat him. He was still our equal most effective player and got more hit outs. Kruezer seemed to do more to set them up. I thought ROMA spent to much time minding him instead of playing his own game.

No it doesn’t? Show me where we turned into pea heart demons players?
I can point to a half dozen misses on goal to support my argument.
Maybe you should refrain from labeling our players as having no ticker when it was clearly a case of poor skills that lost the game.
Guess some people just find it easier to lay into our blokes though...
I've quoted you twice because you've not had anything to respond with other than an emoji...

Carlton kicked 11.12
We kicked 10.8

We were more accurate than Carlton.

Capiche?

I hope that doesn't cost Ratts the coaching job.

He set us up to win but we butchered too many chances and we aren't fit enough, Steven and Hanners ran out of puff.

We needed to kick those goals in the 3rd quarter to build up a buffer as Carlton were always going to out run us in the last quarter.

I still blame Richo for that loss, he handed Ratts a sh*tshow.

Need to give him time to turn this around.

Dunstan signs his contract and then has arguably his worst game for the year. It's frustrating and concerning how much this has become a trend.

Dunstan signs his contract and then has arguably his worst game for the year. It's frustrating and concerning how much this has become a trend.
He got killed because there was very little inside work to be done. Same reason Clark was reasonably ineffective.

Came about because they moved it up the wing far too easily all game.

they played really well, we were a little off the pace, we also lack enough good players and our x factors didn't fire. Would have liked to win but can't win them all and finals were already out of the picture. On the bright side we might get a better draft pick. Hopefully we get another hunter clark type, he's a serious footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happens on any job . I have my guy a pay rise and he ****ed everything he touched for the next fortnight

And will continue to do this for the rest of his career, very similar to many in our team earn $300 to $450k and cruise through your AFL career being nothing more than a C &D grade players

Their spread killed us all day.

We worked hard to stay on it but they had more polish.

We still have too.many C graders in the park.

Entries were ordinary. Again.

Stuv looks cooked.

Too many players that go missing every other week..

Bruce has concrete hands.

Watching McKay has me excited about King.

Please get Hill. We need his class.

No, I'm not.

Your first instinct is a result of your training.

So in the 5 games we’ve had that have been less than a goal the difference, we’ve won 3 of them. But obviously it must be the training that’s resulted in us losing less than half of those 5.

Seriously mate, you can’t win every close game. Sick of people blaming Richo for everything even after he’s gone. If it was the training’s fault we would have lost all 5 of those matches.

The swinging Carlisle forward move never works, he got a lucky free kick and goal in the last quarter but he generally turns into a spud up forward.

He's way better in defence playing the loose man and taking intercept marks.

Battle might have been a better option to throw forward or the Goat.

So in the 5 games we’ve had that have been less than a goal the difference, we’ve won 3 of them. But obviously it must be the training that’s resulted in us losing less than half of those 5.

Seriously mate, you can’t win every close game. Sick of people blaming Richo for everything even after he’s gone. If it was the training’s fault we would have lost all 5 of those matches.
What a ridiculous statement. You can't win games in spite of poor mental conditioning now?

Why is there no shade of grey to be had on this board?

“If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?”

~ Sam Harris

Jack would want to have a massive pre season or he will need to retire. He looks like he’s gone incredibly backwards over the last 6 months. It’s fairly obvious he’s pretty much had a full time break from fitness & dieting. I doubt Geelong will want him.

I would of rather they gave bubbles a game today, Jack looked shot.

Jack lonie should never play again it wasn’t the fact Simpson run away from him it was the genuine lack of effort in chasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back