Autopsy Round 22, 2019: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely.
He’s had far better games previously.
No matter, good on the kid...even if we all know Sam Walsh is going to get it.
A really good year from him.
It's just great to see him get recognised for his season.
Ranked very high in a lot of the statistical categories among rising stars so would have been really hard done by not to get a nomination.

It's just great to see him get recognised for his season.
Ranked very high in a lot of the statistical categories among rising stars so would have been really hard done by not to get a nomination.

I absolutely agree. Sorry if I wasn’t clear - I’m not taking anything away from a very good season in a new spot and he’s going to be a real star for us.
Was more taking a swipe at the AFL who will orchestrate the winner they want.

Actually shouldn't joke about it.

One of my sons mates got hit this morning on Warrigal Rd and the douche driver just took off.

Awful. Is he Ok?

Yeah I think so.

I'm seriously lost for words the driver didn't stop.

School is interviewing year 12s who were at the bus stop so hopefully someone got the real number.

Should put an appeal out to see if anyone had a dashcam and was around there at that time. Hard to comprehend someone could just drive off.

I'm not expecting 10 goals a season but one score in a 80+ games is simply not enough. Not sure if its team structure or what but even Gears gets forward enough to have a few shots per year.

Webster poses no threat on the rebound and that is a problem because its means oppo coaches can allow their small forwards to be more attacking and aggressive in positioning.

The same goes for Wilkie but I'm cutting him some slack since its his first year.

Wilkie is playing more of an intercepting tall role. He's more like Dempster than JJ. Webster has always been a bit of an attacking defender but not in that run and carry with speed way.

The last full season Bytel played wasn't hope though. It actually happened. He performed better in his underage year than many of the best in recent drafts performed when they were a year older. That is a fact, not a myth.

You suggested or implied that those who are indeed hoping that he'll be good aren't actually basing it on anything (evidence), so I provided evidence that he has shown when last fully fit that he can seriously play.

That is what they are basing their hope on.

Now of course his back may explode, or he may get run over by an aeroplane, or trampled by an elephant tomorrow, and he may never play senior game, but if he gets a good run at it from here, I would suggest we have good reason to be optimistic about his prospects.

Because of what he showed he can do when last fully fit. Which it sounds like he might be again now.

You're of course free to not be optimistic about his prospects if you'd prefer though. Makes no difference to me either way.

Okay he'll be elite then, bank it and tell me what year I should put him down for the Brownlow. I'm getting in while the odds are good. I think anyone that is banking any player that hasn't played even a VFL game is insane myself. I don't want to have King down as anything other than potential until I see evidence of it. You are completely entitled to do what ever make you happy though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lonie was rubbish on the weekend but he's been much better than that overall this year. His crumbing has never been his strength, he really needs to improve that side of his game but he's got time. His pressure and ability to half contests and set up play in the half forward line is why you'd include him, really similar to Schneider not quite as deadly though. He's a long way back in the queue for the exit IMO.

He was playing a lot further from goal early in the year and more like an extra wing set up from the forward line.

Actually shouldn't joke about it.

One of my sons mates got hit this morning on Warrigal Rd and the douche driver just took off.

I stayed up on the top of the hill at Frankston last week end and was walking down the hill towards the beach and in the shared service lane thing that comes off Nepean Hwy some campaigner smashed his mirror off on my arm. I'm too tough to have been injured obviously but the cheeky campaigner stopped to look out on the binoculars. If i'd just clipped someone in Frangers I would have ****ed off. He's lucky I wasn't a tough guy.

I'm seriously lost for words the driver didn't stop.

There seems to be a growing amount of incidents where the driver takes off.

Thankfully,due to various reasons.....the law does catch up with them.

I thought Marshall got beaten by a smarter player. Kruezer has about 150 games on Marshall, just part of his development, but it did cost us.

We went back in our shells as we also seem to do. Any new coach has to get that out of our game. It's not that we didn't score, it's we didn't try. Don't handball inside forward 50 to someone else, have a shot yourself.

Commiserations on the loss.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game. If you haven't seen a previous post, this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces.

Overall Summary - 25 Bounces

Billings 24 wing
Steele 22 x Cripps 23
Ross 15 (3w)
Hannebery 15 (10i, 5w)
Dunstan 14
Newnes 10 wing
Acres 9 (5i, 4w)
Sinclair 9 (1w)
Steven 4 (2i, 2w)
Long 2
Hind 1 wing

Rucks:
Marshall 22
Bruce 3

Centre Clearances (as per Champion Data/AFL.com.au
Dunstan 3
Hannebery 3
Marshall 3
Acres 1
Ross 1
Bruce 1
Clark 1

1st Half - 14

Steele 14
Billings 13 wing
Newnes 9 wing
Ross 7
Hannebery 7 (2w)
Dunstan 6
Acres 6 (3i, 3w)
Sinclair 4
Steven 3 (2i, 1w)
Long 2

Marshall 13
Bruce 1

Final Term - 7

Billings 7 wing
Steele 5
Ross 5 (3w, 2i)
Hannebery 5 (1w)
Dunstan 5
Sinclair 4 (1w)
Acres 2
Steven 1 wing
Hind 1 wing

Marshall 6
Bruce 1

Notes:
- Most starts for Acres in an analysed game since Rd 14 (this was the 6th Saints game analysed since)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back