Autopsy Round 22, 2019: Hawthorn defeats the Suns and Roughie kicks six

Remove this Banner Ad

Learned a new tidbit in Roughies interview with Lewis after the game. Clarko’s nickname is “the cockroach”. Ha!
That’s a general term for all coaches

Little OT, but I was pulled aside by the police at 3/4 time because I was reported for anti social behaviour for apparently along someone or a player a f**..

Police said it was an allegation, and asked for my drivers license, and the security ask me for my hawthorn membership. I categorically deny I would ever say anything like that, as its offensive and I have many friend who are in same sex relationships.

I felt I was treated poorly based on no evidence and pi**ed me off. I am had tempted to make a complaint myself, but should it be to the stadium? The police or the club ?
My advice; Just forget about it. Focus on what a good day it’s been for rough and the club.
The police and security don’t know you, so don’t take it as a personal insult. They’re just doing their job, and if you filed a complaint that’s all you’d hear back about it.

That game had a carnival style feel to it, great experience. First and last time I will see a goal hungry Rough.
Shout out to D. Roden for continuously sharing a laugh with Roughead when the ball was at his end. Should have gone the caterpillar when Roughead kicked that last goal.😀
Would have played against Rough for a few years so understood the occasion. Was great to see.

What a way to send the big fella off. Everytime Rough went near it I thought he was going to kick a snag. Rapted for the big Rough to finish like that.

Worps, Wingz, Dimma, Scully, Smith, Frawley, CJ, Hendo and Timmy were all excellent. Great all around effort albeit against the worst AFL side going around by a fair margin.

Can’t see us beating WC away sadly but what a way to farewell the champ.

It's 3AM over here and I'm still processing all the emotions with regard to the big fella. One of, if not the primary reason for choosing to support the Hawks as my AFL team. To see him have this game on this occasion...I just don't have the words. Thanks Roughy (and good night LOL)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got home - and a fitting stage for big Rough to say farewell to the home crowd.
Good numbers there too, considering the late Sunday slot and that it pissed down before the match.

Loved Rough's celebration after his 6th.
Worps is a marquee player.
That Wingard fella goes OK
Tim starting to fill out that jumper.
CJ gives us something.
Hardwick has no fear
Burgoyne takes the piss.

Great way to spend a Sunday evening.

Thanks Rough

Maybe we hold onto Cegs so Big Boy has to learn to play as a CHB? future reference.
Roughead was awesome and a great farewell by everyone including the media imo! Paid their respects in a very respectful and fitting way all week!

Worpel for PCM , double digit Brownlow votes and AA consideration? Way to go BJ you half-wit!

I did the double today and ventured down to Docklands, after seeing the Tigers beat the Eagles in a classic at the MCG.

What a game to be at, atmosphere was amazing and everyone hung around after the siren to see Roughie off for one last time.

Sad week with Deledio, Roughie and Lewis all hanging up the boots, great to see Roughie sent off on a high today, great bloke and he deserved it. :)

That game had a carnival style feel to it, great experience. First and last time I will see a goal hungry Rough.
Shout out to D. Roden for continuously sharing a laugh with Roughead when the ball was at his end. Should have gone the caterpillar when Roughead kicked that last goal.😀
You’re spot about the atmosphere around the ground. It was a party.
Like when Bud hit the tonne and Fev ended on 99.

Just got home after a great day celebrating one of our modern day champs. I just felt a little sad that we could not do similar for some of the others who have finished elsewhere

Anyway, that 6th I was right behind it was never missing. Well done Roughy on a magnificent career

What a fantastic way to celebrate the career of a Hawthorn legend

A bag of 6 sausage rolls, that last one was pretty special indeed

The love was certainly in the air tonight for the big guy; I'll miss ya Rough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back