Preview Round 22, 2019: Hawthorn v Gold Coast Suns, 18 August 2019, 4.40pm @ Marvel Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

JedAnderson

Debutant
Oct 31, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Roughy only 10 touches and no goals today at Box Hill.

Wore long sleeves too, so no chance now lol

In all seriousness though, the only way he plays is if Lewis tweaked his shoulder late in the game last night.

Even then, I feel like they’d just bring in Big Boy and play Cegs up forward again.
Agree. What’s up with Rough taking on city hall. No winners here and now no farewell game. Clueless.

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nope. That would be unfair on CJ.
He deserves another run on the deck at docklands and he can show his skills under perfect playing conditions.

Playing for finals. Need to put the best squad on the pitch. If Roughie doesn't get any charity then CJ certainly doesn't either.

Floppy

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Roughead should not be selected IMO.

Love the guy, we all do probably, but he is done and unless top 8 is a 100% no, we need to pick our best chance team, and he, after his VFL game, is not.

Oct 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Atlanta Braves, Falcons, Everton
We need a percentage boost to have chance of finals and other results to fall our way, there's only one of these things we can control so we have to pick a team that can score heavily.

I haven’t done the ladder predictor but I think we need to win by 10+ goals which would be about 5-6% increase. Then hope North Melbourne beat Port Adelaide by 4-5 goals, Collingwood just have to beat Adelaide and GWS against the Bulldogs.

All three of those games are before this match so we will have a good idea of where we might sit going in.

HawkSince2008

Senior List
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We need a percentage boost to have chance of finals and other results to fall our way, there's only one of these things we can control so we have to pick a team that can score heavily.

With a rotating Forward line consisting of Poppy, Roughead, Nash, Gunners, Wingers, Lewis, Bruest, Ollie, O'brien we can score Heavily

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dewwwww

All Australian
Sep 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If you were selecting a side on form alone then Roughead wouldn’t come into selection calculations.

Football is played a lot above the shoulders though

If Roughead was to play against the suns the boys would be totally switched on and a 100 plus win would occur.

Added to this if Rough plays the crowd goes from 25000 fans to 45-50000 fans.

I’m expecting Roughead to be named

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If you were selecting a side on form alone then Roughead wouldn’t come into selection calculations.

Football is played a lot above the shoulders though

If Roughead was to play against the suns the boys would be totally switched on and a 100 plus win would occur.

Added to this if Rough plays the crowd goes from 25000 fans to 45-50000 fans.

I’m expecting Roughead to be named

You've switched my mind on this and I agree with you now. Rough to play.

Fozzanator23

Rookie
Jul 29, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's not as if Roughy is a spud either. Yes, he's a bit banged up, but he'll be able to hold is own. These little things can spark inspiration for the team. Who knows, Rough might have a blinder ;)

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Whatever way the club decides regarding Rough, they would be best served announcing it as early as possible in the week.

You would hope that as soon as all the injuries are assessed they make a decision. Some people may decide to travel from other parts of the country.

JoeHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2008
Templestowe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If we can’t score 100 this week (and assuming we don’t against WCE), it will be the first time we haven’t done so in a season since 1965
But it’s hardly comparable even to recent years. Scoring has been significantly lower this year right through the competition and combined with our kickings yips in many games doesn’t help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back