Preview Round 22, 2019: Hawthorn v Gold Coast Suns, 18 August 2019, 4.40pm @ Marvel Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be shocked if this game attracted more then 20,000. Terrible time slot. I hope Kennett and Clarkson blast the AFL over the fixture.

No Essendon, Sydney or Adelaide at the MCG this year which would’ve attracted decent crowds.

This is why I don’t like the club playing 4 home games in Tasmania. It’s too much! Not all Hawthorn members are in favour of playing home games in Tasmania.

Ideally what I want to see is 11 home games at the MCG or at worst 9 home games at the MCG and 2 home games at Etihad. I can see it looking something like that one day.

Last edited:

JoeHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2008
Templestowe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I would be shocked if this game attracted more then 20,000. Terrible time slot. I hope Kennett and Clarkson blast the AFL over the fixture.
Jeff already has. I’m sure he’ll be there to remind them when it’s FIXture time again. Speaking of which.....I haven’t heard much from Jeff lately. Not since the match security fiasco.

Has anyone thought whether Roughie wants a farewell game? perhaps this discussion has occured and he believes that his form doesn't warrant it? I personally wouldn't know but it seems to me that everyone is saying that he has to play where he might not actaully want to.
I'm with you on the The Kipster. If he doesn't play I'd be happy for a half time lap around the ground for the supporters to cheer and thank him.

If you were selecting a side on form alone then Roughead wouldn’t come into selection calculations.

Football is played a lot above the shoulders though

If Roughead was to play against the suns the boys would be totally switched on and a 100 plus win would occur.

Added to this if Rough plays the crowd goes from 25000 fans to 45-50000 fans.

I’m expecting Roughead to be named

Sadly I think 15,000 fans to 25,000 is a more accurate change if Roughy is named.

In all seriousness though, they really need to announce it ASAP if he is to play, so that it can be marketed accordingly.

Hell, make it a cancer benefit game to raise funds for a cancer charity! Apologies in advance if that doesn't sound right :huh:

Jun 23, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
La Lakers
Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, but being a Kennedy Club Member do I have to reserve tickets at Marvel Stadium or can I just use my membership card to enter General Admission like at replacement games?

Fozzanator23

Rookie
Jul 29, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A few of my mates are wanting to go the game now. They're not members, and they wanna buy General Admission. Is there any need to reserve tickets online for GA, or could you snag some on the day? Only asking cos with Roughy playing, the crowd will double.

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, but being a Kennedy Club Member do I have to reserve tickets at Marvel Stadium or can I just use my membership card to enter General Admission like at replacement games?

You don’t need to reserve a seat as you can scan your membership card and sit in the GA areas. It’s what I always do for Etihad games that aren’t sold out.

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A great story with Roughead always farewell the legends of the club if given a chance to do so.

Cousins & howe are not in our best 22 next yr, they do a few nice things but revert back to bad habits to often.

3 changes
howe- scrimshaw
cousins-roughy
cegs - mcevoy

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Park roughy in the goal square, and have nash and lewis feed him as twin CHF. ruck a bit. Bench a bit

Bugger it just kill them out of centre have rough as rover and flatten a few suns. Just instruct everyone to kick for goal when they get inside 50

Tents

Draftee
Nov 8, 2006

You can reserve a seat at no cost.

All Hawthorn reserved seat holders (except Tasmanian members) have guaranteed entry to Marvel Stadium and access to a reserved seat. Reserved seat holders must redeem their reserved seat via Ticketmaster by 5pm Friday 16 August to receive guaranteed entry to this match.

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I just got pretty emotional listening to Roughead press conference with Clarko. Well done the H.F.C!! So honest & raw you don't get guys like that anymore,
Roughy character is second to none a true legend of this club!
A shame birchall wont be joining him on his 250th

What happens if Roughead kicks 4,5 or even 6 goals? Does that open the door for another game against West Coast? :think:
I guess it'll depend on context.

If Gold Coast don't show up and we dominate them on the scoreboard with Roughy kicking a bag as the main KPF (assuming ML is rested after getting smashed around last week) then it wouldn't necessarily be compelling.

If they do show up and Roughy performs really well and isn't always the main target up forward then I'm sure he'd still be considered for the following week if needs require.

But his form at VFL level hasn't been too flash, so while I'm sure he'll lift for this game and snag a few goals, I doubt we're going to see a sudden return to his prime form. Weirder things have happened though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back