Preview Round 22, 2019: Hawthorn v Gold Coast Suns, 18 August 2019, 4.40pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t been to a game at Marvel/Etihad for ages
Even though it’s Roughs last game tipping I could just turn up and get a GA ticket pretty easily ?

Didn't BUPA report say Lewis in serious doubt?

- Gunston pulled up well. "reasonable chance to play"
- Lewis will have to prove his fitness. "pulled up sore. Will be monitored during the week and a test to play."
- Birchall unlikely to be seen again this regular season.

Haven’t been to a game at Marvel/Etihad for ages
Even though it’s Roughs last game tipping I could just turn up and get a GA ticket pretty easily ?

This is our home game so guaranteed a GA entry ticket, just need to scan the membership barcode.

Also they have this $15 GA ticket as well.

Screenshot_20190813-201858_Facebook.jpg

This is our home game so guaranteed a GA entry ticket, just need to scan the membership barcode.
Actually there is no guaranteed entry scanning your card at the gate. If the ground is full you don't get in.

The only guaranteed entry is for reserved seat members who download their free reserved seat ticket by 5pm Friday and those who pay for a reserved seat upgrade or pre buy a GA ticket.

Hodge's last game was full from memory but that was against Bulldogs who also had retirements and on Friday night. Not sure late Sunday against Suns would sell out.

Actually there is no guaranteed entry scanning your card at the gate. If the ground is full you don't get in.

The only guaranteed entry is for reserved seat members who download their free reserved seat ticket by 5pm Friday and those who pay for a reserved seat upgrade or pre buy a GA ticket.

Hodge's last game was full from memory but that was against Bulldogs who also had retirements and on Friday night. Not sure late Sunday against Suns would sell out.

Zero chance of it being a sellout. Predict 30k max

Also give rough a license to block in the f50. It’d be a brave umpire to free kick him more than twice.

Lets face it thats what big rough has been mainly doing in the VFL

Nash out for Roughie.

Not sure if Gunston has been training or if he's over his complaint, if so, then I wonder who makes way? Hanrahan? O'Brien? Lewis?

I'd be reluctant to drop O'Brien now given he's in good form. I feel that it's important for him to keep this form up as it would be good for his development (never ever thought I'd be saying that).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roughy playing his final senior game on Sunday late afternoon.
I can't really see more than 30-35k people attend.
The timeslot and venue are issues for many.
Interestingly hawks haven't played the Suns this year, the fixture needs to get these games against once a year opponents earlier in the year.
It's the last Melbourne game and hopefully past players and others can watch.

Selection will be interesting as it will be at Marvel on a hard track so only fit players should play.
Gunners probably would like to play but as he was a late out with a tight hammy that is a concern.
The main positive is it is expected to rain so playing indoors helps getting from the train to the ground may get some folk wet
depending on the rain.
I'd play CJ too as his family went to Canberra in poor conditions be nice to see the kid in perfect conditions.

Good luck to Roughy and the team I and hopefully a decent crowd turn up at Marvel on Sunday.

Would love to see Walker get a run. Just rest Poppy for a week - he's been a warrior all year, no harm in giving him a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back