Review Round 22 2019 vs North - the great humiliation

Really though? Goldstein's an All Australian ruckman and Hinkley showed him no respect so Goldy pulled an AA quality performance out and set up the win.
Hinkley earlier in the year - I love Paddy, I want to boof him, I've dropped him, but he will be back.

Last night was a disgraceful effort by Ryder as an individual and Hinkley and Brogan for not putting it on Ryder to show Goldstein some more respect. FFS Ryder out jumped Goldstein several times in a row late in the first quarter and early in the second quarter and did these deft little taps which Goldstein read and picked off and won the clearance at centre bounces. He should have belted the ball 20-30m and got inside Goldstein's head and shake up his confidence a bit. But nobody was smart enough to say, lets do something different.

Last edited:
Hinkley earlier in the year - I love Paddy, I want to boof him, I've dropped him but he will be back.

Last night was a disgraceful effort by Ryder as an individual and Hinkley and Brogan for not putting it on Ryder to show Goldstein some more respect. FFS Ryder out jumped Goldstein several time in a row late in the first quarter and early in the second quarter and did these deft little taps which Goldstein read and picked off and won the clearance at centre bounces. He should have belted the ball 20-30m and got inside Goldstein's head and shake up his confidence. But nobody was smart enough to say lets do something different.
Bah ahaha in the Hinkley era don’t hold your breathe, Eg Jonas long bomb version 20

Goldstein - season best game. Brown career best game. First 12 North players, had a better than their season average, game.

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Goldstein - season best game. Brown career best game. First 12 North players, had a better than their season average, game.

Have a read of the Port names on that list from top to bottom.

Boak, Ryder, Gray, Westhoff, Jonas, Dixon
then
Rozee, Wines, Rockliff, Clurey, Burton
then
Ladhams, Houston, SPP, Amon
then
Butters, Broadbent, Hartlett
then
Marshall, Bonner, SGray and DBJ

Now remove the players that may retire over the next 2 years.

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

View attachment 729723
Wow, eight of the top ten players were opponents. From the team sitting in 14th. We really have come a long way since 2014 :mad:.

But yeah to be fair a lot of their run came from this new guy, Polec, and we struggled with how to match up on him. We'll do better at that next time now we've had a look at him.

Hinkley earlier in the year - I love Paddy, I want to boof him, I've dropped him, but he will be back.

Last night was a disgraceful effort by Ryder as an individual and Hinkley and Brogan for not putting it on Ryder to show Goldstein some more respect. FFS Ryder out jumped Goldstein several times in a row late in the first quarter and early in the second quarter and did these deft little taps which Goldstein read and picked off and won the clearance at centre bounces. He should have belted the ball 20-30m and got inside Goldstein's head and shake up his confidence a bit. But nobody was smart enough to say, lets do something different.

Yep, and this again is where the comparison with the Brad Scott era North comes in.

You blokes looked like you came out, and after five minutes the coaches went "Oh dear, these North blokes are up for it and we cbf, ah well, let's just run out the game and set up for next week, we're still good for finals".

Scott was like that - no plan B, no ability to react to situations.

Harro59

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
* me what a s**t farm that was. Playing cards with some mates, all ******* crows dickhead as well, turned of the game and half time and watch the cricket. We all shared a few drinks together to solute the deaths season 2019 for the SA clubs.

I said at least we aren't as old as s**t, they said, ya still ******* s**t.

Very true.

davo999

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Aldinga Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Amon, ; ok did offer something
Butters : Poor didn’t fire a shot
Burton ; average didn’t fire a shot
Boak; tried hard but was overwhelmed
Bonner ; average didn’t fire a shot
Broad bent ; poor didn’t fire a shot
Byrne Jones : poor didn’t fire a shot
Clurey ; average
Dixon ; average didn’t fire a shot
R.Gray ; tried hard but was overwhelmed
S.Gray ; Poor didn’t fire a shot .
Hartlett ; Poor didn’t fire a shot
Houston. Ok tried hard .
Jonas ; poor didn’t fire a shot
Ladhams : Poor didn’t fire a shot
Marshall : Poor didn’t fire a shot
Powell -Pepper ; Average , didn’t fire a shot
Rockcliff ; Poor didn’t fire a shot .
Rozee ; tried hard but was overwhelmed
Ryder ; Poor didn’t fire a shot
Westhoff; Average didn’t fire a shot
Wines ; Average didn’t fire a shot

No wonder we lost

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Amon, ; ok did offer something
Butters : Poor didn’t fire a shot
Burton ; average didn’t fire a shot
Boak; tried hard but was overwhelmed
Bonner ; average didn’t fire a shot
Broad bent ; poor didn’t fire a shot
Byrne Jones : poor didn’t fire a shot
Clurey ; average
Dixon ; average didn’t fire a shot
R.Gray ; tried hard but was overwhelmed
S.Gray ; Poor didn’t fire a shot .
Hartlett ; Poor didn’t fire a shot
Houston. Ok tried hard .
Jonas ; poor didn’t fire a shot
Ladhams : Poor didn’t fire a shot
Marshall : Poor didn’t fire a shot
Powell -Pepper ; Average , didn’t fire a shot
Rockcliff ; Poor didn’t fire a shot .
Rozee ; tried hard but was overwhelmed
Ryder ; Poor didn’t fire a shot
Westhoff; Average didn’t fire a shot
Wines ; Average didn’t fire a shot

No wonder we lost
Nope, we lost because Peter didn't follow instructions. Didn't you see the communique from Glorious Leader?

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ken was convinced our zone would beat them if we got first use

And then never changed things up when it needed to at the 20 minute mark of q1. Instead he threw venom at a 3 gamer
All the more strange because against Sydney we had been largely one-on-one with Westhoff floating. We looked like a football team that day :(

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The first bounce of the game, North won the clearance and the ball made its way out to North's HFF. Hartlett tried to shepherd the ball over the boundary, then relaxed when HE crossed the line...but the ball bobbed up and stayed in, the North player collected the ball and sent it forward with the first goal of the game being scored shortly after. I said to my old man, they're not on, we're gonna get pumped. And so it was.

North Melbourne (144) v Port Adelaide (58)

We now know why North only kicked one goal last week, they were saving them up for this week.

It was impossible to recognise this team from the one that faced Geelong, but it must also be said that playing Port certainly helped.

This was a complete rout. The Kangaroos ran all over the Power with a point to prove after their record solitary goal the previous week.

Ben Brown booted ten goals to make up for the week before, the first time a Roos player has done that since Wayne Carey.

The game would have cheered up North supporters and put to rest any buyer’s remorse regarding Rhyce Shaw.

As for the Power, with finals on the line, this performance was as bewildering as Joe Root claiming he isn’t a cheat.

Perhaps Port’s players don’t want to play finals. They seem to avoid them like the plague.

Ken Hinkley now has something in common with Crows fans; both hope he can hold onto his job.

https://www.titusoreily.com/afl/the-monday-knee-jerk-reaction-afl-round-twenty-two

Rhyce Shaw 3 months, Ken Hinkley 7 years.

I hope the rank’n’file bozos on social media who have been parroting the “go on then, who would you replace Ken with?”-line since 2016 enjoyed every minute.

No Chad I haven't had enough because I have never accepted performances like that.

I've had enough of having performances like that stuffed down my throat like a filthy Alan Jones sock.

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No Chad I haven't had enough because I have never accepted performances like that.

I've had enough of having performances like that stuffed down my throat like a filthy Alan Jones sock.
We'll continue to get performances like that until someone takes accountability for addressing it. So far I've counted three coaches and three players in the media, none of whom have admitted any kind of ownership at all. "we don't know what's wrong" - WTF??

We'll continue to get performances like that until someone takes accountability for addressing it. So far I've counted three coaches and three players in the media, none of whom have admitted any kind of ownership at all. "we don't know what's wrong" - WTF??

Imagine if Harry Potter had said Voldemort? No I don't know how to beat him. What sort of world would we be living in now?

Back