Review Round 22 2019 vs North - the great humiliation

Remove this Banner Ad

Main point..they have questioned the players as to what happened.

He doesn’t know ‘why’ either.

Comp is even so if you are off your game then....

Disappointing in all facets. An onslaught.
Said there is no fallout from this game.
Need to own it and assess why.

There has been some real growth this year in terms of our future.

Looks like he can’t wait for the presser to end.

Just terrific, hey.

Main point..they have questioned the players as to what happened.

He doesn’t know ‘why’ either.

Comp is even so if you are off your game then....

Disappointing in all facets. An onslaught.
Said there is no fallout from this game.
Need to own it and assess why.

There has been some real growth this year in terms of our future.

Looks like he can’t wait for the presser to end.

Just terrific, hey.
Yeah just listened to him on on 5aa and said much the same but at the end he made a point, that they are all in it together and there will be no ramifications from it.

Yeah just listened to him on on 5aa and said much the same but at the end he made a point, that they are all in it together and there will be no ramifications from it.
Yeah, thought Schofield didn't give much at all. "we are embarrassed" "we own it" ... How about saying something like "Lycett would have made a difference". "We were weak as pish"

I’ve listened to a couple of pressers, read a bunch of posts, and even listened to Tom Jonas’ podcast, and there’s a lot of excusing the defence which IMO is bullshit

Our slow old boys look great behind a forward press doing all the hard running, chasing and tackling, but when theres a chink in that they dont have anywhere near the pace needed to recover.

Broadbent, Hartlett, Jonas, Clurey, and add in Westy lately. No constant hard runners there, no startlingly fast defenders who can get back to cover midfield lapses, just a bunch of slow blokes. How the * do we expect to carry five of them?

Our defence only looks good when they’re already in defence and the game is on their terms. Need a big *in shake up.

Edit: Didn’t even get to mention we also have Burton, DBJ and Bonner in the side right now, still 9 to 10 ******* defenders

So the ‘why’ was that the Roos’ new coach outsmarted our coaching and strategy group and basically ambushed us with a different game plan and we couldn’t adapt.

Our coaches and strategists prepped our team to play against the usual Roos game plan but they came out differently.

Hammer said “ The players couldn’t believe what happened.
We are all shell-shocked to be honest.

Port were shocked by the change in approach by the Roos who constantly swarmed forward through the Power’s Midfield making it a horror night for him and his fellow defenders.

We probably prepared for the game and how the Roos were going to play, based on the way they had played the last three or four weeks.

But it was certainly different the way they played and we were unable to adapt.

Also none of our players won their individual battle.”

Kangaroos were genuinely outstanding, but there is no excuse for the many, many players that would put in one half assed effort then. Just. Stop.

The bulldogs will walk it in from here. Hopefully GWS show something I guess.

We have the best midfield around when we want to, but instead we choose to give Rockliff, Wines and SPP midfield time over Boak and Gray.

Bonner on the wing was as bad as I’ve always said it would be.

Ughhhhhh

Boak spent almost entire game as mid

R Gray robbing Peter to pay Paul, shame not 2 of him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the rank’n’file bozos on social media who have been parroting the “go on then, who would you replace Ken with?”-line since 2016 enjoyed every minute.

It's not like he was even a well known coach in waiting either. I didn't even know Rhyce Shaw was an assistant coach until Scott was sacked.

I’ve listened to a couple of pressers, read a bunch of posts, and even listened to Tom Jonas’ podcast, and there’s a lot of excusing the defence which IMO is bulls**t

Our slow old boys look great behind a forward press doing all the hard running, chasing and tackling, but when theres a chink in that they dont have anywhere near the pace needed to recover.

Broadbent, Hartlett, Jonas, Clurey, and add in Westy lately. No constant hard runners there, no startlingly fast defenders who can get back to cover midfield lapses, just a bunch of slow blokes. How the fu** do we expect to carry five of them?

Our defence only looks good when they’re already in defence and the game is on their terms. Need a big fu**in shake up.

Edit: Didn’t even get to mention we also have Burton, DBJ and Bonner in the side right now, still 9 to 10 ******* defenders

Even more reason why our treatment of Howard in the second half of the year has been baffling. Should be just about the first defender picked, not wasting away out of position in the SANFL. Ben Brown wouldn't have kicked 10 on him.

Why do we frost Gray out of the midfield so long when it’s obvious we are getting thrashed?
Because Drew was playing reserves.
I wanted Drew in for this game, would have been suited to the deck. We really do nead a pacey skilled mid fielder.
Two Grays would be nice. Farrell could have allowed Robbie to play more midfield.

Exactly. Don't over react to what was a one-off event, I mean, at least it hasn't happened since we played GWS and went goalless in the first term, or the 2nd Brisbane game where we were down by 7 goals halfway through the first, hell what about the 1st time we played them and we're down 4 goals to 0 in no time, or the when the game was on the line against Freo and we went scoreless in the last, or the Hawthorn game where we were 5 goals down before we even scored, or the1st showdown when we went goalless in the first, or the Collingwood game where we gave up a 7 goals to zip in the first.

But hey, yep let's not panic, it's a one off, we're still in the running for finals so let's just go out there and just play and we'll be better than this week because it was a one off and we won't do it again...

fu** me Hinkley is an idiot. Get the fu** out of my club Hinkley.

#sackhinkley
And what's more, we have the comfort of knowing that such a calamity definitely won't happen again until next time.

What does faith have to do with it? We had our destiny in our own hands on Saturday and we dropped it into the abyss.

All the faith in the world won't matter if the dogs beat Adelaide.

Praise the Lord. Hallelujah brothers and sisters.

Commiserations on the loss.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game. If you havern't seen a previous post, this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces.

Overall Summary - 34 Bounces

Amon 28 wing
Houston 25 (2w)
Wines 23 (6w)
Rockliff 22 (2w)
Boak 22 (1w)
SPP 16 (3w)
Bonner 13 wing
Westhoff 9 wing
R.Gray 6
DBJ 4 wing
Hartlett 2

Rucks:
Ryder 26
Ladhams 8

Centre Clearances (as per Champion Data/AFL.com.au)
Boak 4
Ryder 2
Rockliff 1
SPP 1
Wines 1
Ladhams 1

1st Half - 17

Amon 15 wing
Houston 14
Bonner 13 wing
Rockliff 12
Boak 12 (1w)
Wines 10 (2w)
SPP 5 (1w)
R.Gray 2
Westhoff 2 wing

Ryder 11
Ladhams 6

2nd Half - 17

Amon 13 wing
Wines 13 (4w)
Houston 11 (2w)
SPP 11 (2w)
Rockliff 10 (2w)
Boak 10
Westhoff 7 wing
R.Gray 4
DBJ 4 wing
Hartlett 2

Ryder 15
Ladhams 2

Notes:
- As there aren't many games with 34 bounces, predictably there were a few career/season highs...
- Amon, Houston & Bonner: Career highs for overall starts in analysed games; Bonner's obviously would've been much higher if he had been invited to return to the midfield after half-time
- Rockliff: Club high for overall starts - most starts in an analysed game since Rd 21, 2017. Also picked up a career high in wing starts
- Wines: Career high in wing starts
- Hartlett: Most starts of any kind since Rd 12, 2017 in analysed games and most inside starts since Rd 9, 2016
- SPP: A career high in wing starts and an equal season high for overall starts (with Rd 9)
- DBJ: Season high

The Crows do us a big favour by getting smashed at home then we decide to outdo that favour by suffering an even bigger smashing against a middle of the road team.
When was the last time a team began a day outside the 8, lost at home by a record margin, but still finished the day inside the 8?

Port Adelaide - breaking records for all the wrong reasons since 2007.

I don't mean to intrude guys, but some of the things being said in here are eerily reminiscent of things North people were saying during the Scott years.

Knowing the outcome of the match after watching for a minute? Check.

Wild inconsistency in effort? Check.

Bizarre deflections away from deficiencies? Check.

No plan B? Check.

You have a good side and plenty of young talent. You generally like the rough stuff. You'll come good. But not with this bloke at the helm.
Bingo - why can everyone else see it, except the buffoons in charge at Alberton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back