Autopsy Round 22, 2021 | Autopsy vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that's 2 posts in this thread being completely negative. Log off and go have a drink ffs.

Yeah mate, because we lost. You know, the thing you are trying NOT to do when you play a competitive game of footy.
I stated my reasons for not being happy with how we are going in the GDT, so excuse me if losing doesn't exactly reassure me. Especially with how happy a lot on here are about finishing last for the first time in nearly 50 years.

Yeah mate, because we lost. You know, the thing you are trying NOT to do when you play a competitive game of footy.
I stated my reasons for not being happy with how we are going in the GDT, so excuse me if losing doesn't exactly reassure me. Especially with how happy a lot on here are about finishing last for the first time in nearly 50 years.

Yeah you've stated your reason but keep repeating them. You sound like someone who requires attention.

I swear Trent Dumont is just one of those players that people assume kicks it poorly because they've just got it in their head that he doesn't kick well, even when he does a majority of the time. Footywire has him at 12 effective disposals out of 16 tonight which is quite good.

Makes me question footywire.

A great recovery against the best balanced team in the comp for my money.

Truthfully, its been hard for me to watch the past month of NM's game without thinking what might have been if Cunners was still present. If he was there to take Parker or Kennedy to task, where would we be tonight?

Ford gave everyone a taste of what 2022 will be about. Simpkin was inspirational as he always is. Hall is shaping up to be the most under-rated defensive player of 2021. Super impressive footy IQ in that lad. Larkey again demonstrated why he's one of the league's sharpest shooters.

Even without Horne, you've gotta look at that raw talent and Noble's strategic craftmanship and think that with the benefit of a proper preseason with this undeniably talented coach, we're gonna look at least as good as the current lower top 8 sides come august 2022.

Bonar is not keeping Atu out. One is a mid sized defender for leading, marking players, the other a small defender built for quick nimble players.

Ziebell is the one that Bonar needs to contend with. He has him for defensive ability and closing speed but Ziebell has experience and a want to be aggressive with ball and is more of an intercept player. I don’t think we need that with 3 KP talls back there but he has done a pretty good job considering he hasn’t played there before their year and all the injuries we have had.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bonar is not keeping Atu out. One is a mid sized defender for leading, marking players, the other a small defender built for quick nimble players.

Ziebell is the one that Bonar needs to contend with. He has him for defensive ability and closing speed but Ziebell has experience and a want to be aggressive with ball and is more of an intercept player. I don’t think we need that with 3 KP talls back there but he has done a pretty good job considering he hasn’t played there before their year and all the injuries we have had.

Not sure there’ll be 3 genuine talls back next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Responded well after a terrible first half, against a good well drilled side.
We're going in the right direction. Still plenty to iron out, but we've come a long way already.
Love what young Elvis brings, going to be a player. Absolute bargain to get him at pick 56.

Not sure there’ll be 3 genuine talls back next year.

So thinking Taz is in trouble? Corr and McKay should be 1 and 2 and I thought that would leave Taz to be the intercept third tall? Based off this year I can see that but holding out hope there is another ore season in him.

What we will have to manage in the upcoming years is expectation of the group . Because in the not too distant future , by this I mean probably 2 years away, we will be expecting results and that is when the real pressure will start on the group and coach. Like all of us, I hope they are up to the challenge and get that elusive number 5 flag.

Within 5 years of the last spoon we won our first 2 flags.

If all that mattered was wins then we could recruit plodders to finish middle of the table again. Im more focused on our younger guys are developing and from ive seen this year i couldnt be happier. Id much rather develop a list capable of winning the flag than one that might sneak into the 8 every now and again.

So thinking Taz is in trouble? Corr and McKay should be 1 and 2 and I thought that would leave Taz to be the intercept third tall? Based off this year I can see that but holding out hope there is another ore season in him.

It’s Tarrant or Ziebell I reckon. We’re too slow back there.

Said in the GDT that we'd regressed 3 months.

By full time we showed exactly why we hadn't. What would have been a 70 pointer in April was a scare for Sydney till the end.

Talent is there, more resilience seems to be there too, just need to build experience together.

Now, i'm not one ot say umps lost us the game but they sure as f*** can change momentum at key times....

The non htb decision 13 mins in 4th qtr with us 4 pts down 😡

Last edited:
Yeah you've stated your reason but keep repeating them. You sound like someone who requires attention.

What I 'require' is for my football team to not be s**t. I just honestly don't understand how anyone (despite our minor improvement) can look at these results and say "yep I'm happy with this". I know where we are at, I've come to terms with it despite hoping otherwise. But the cognitive dissonance of some on here that can see us finish dead last but at the same time have this notion that we are somehow better than we actually are is just baffling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back