Game Day Round 22, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yipppppiieeee......expecting a comprehensive victory over the depleted pies especially no Pendles. I hope I am correct.

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Same as last week. I said I just wanted a 4 Qtr performance and we got that. Same again please we just want finals intensity all across the field and the rest will take care of its self. Good of Fagan to start talking about playing finals footy, thats what we are practicing now.

And may the force be with Darcy on his first match back, may be find his best 'white line fever'.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Must win and should win comfortably, Lions by 70+, and then beat Eagles in final round.

We are still a slight chance to make top 4.. we need >

1-
Blues to beat Port and/or Saints to beat Cats today, unlikely but there have been big upsets lately. Then it would get very interesting in round 23 >

2- Demons to beat Cats and/or Dogs to beat Port. Both very real possibilities.

1628893292883.gif

On the quiet

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
don't expect anything but a comfortable win against Collingwood. Our backline won't be under too much pressure and will handle the speed and delivery of the inside 50's. I do think our backline is too slow for some of the teams we likely face in the finals, but this is the back 6 going into finals with Adams likely to come in also in the next few weeks.
Feel confident we will win the first final at the GABBA no matter if Bombers or GWS or Eagles.
Fox Footy highlighted last night how well the inexperienced back 6 of GWS has gone the past 3 games (even though they lost to Port), and I hope our coaches are brave enough to find room for Madden and or Coleman and or Answerth (when fit) and Payne at the beginning of 2022 and back them in.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
I'm on the border between apprehensive and optimistic. After a great game against freo will we be flat? After we finally get what we want, which is a game back home, will the buzz fizzle out? Given the pies have been s**t for pretty much the entire season I hope we will be the victors and if we are I think it will be to the tune of 35pts. The pies will fight hard and we may only do just enough to win. I don't want 'just enough to win', I want 'smoked them to nothing and then pissed on the ashes'. Well, here's hoping...

Last edited:

On the quiet

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Must win and should win comfortably, Lions by 70+, and then beat Eagles in final round.

We are still a slight chance to make top 4.. we need >

1-
Blues to beat Port and/or Saints to beat Cats today, unlikely but there have been big upsets lately. Then it would get very interesting in round 23 >

2- Demons to beat Cats and/or Dogs to beat Port. Both very real possibilities.
Last year with most games in QLD and Lions not having to travel too often during H & A, minimal injuries and finals at the GABBA I was hopeful we would make the GF. This year even if the above occurred and we managed to sneak into the top 4 not so bullish that we can make the GF, but would love to be wrong.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
The last 5 games at the Gabba is one for us and 4 for them. For the love of all that is good please put in a 4qtr effort Lions. Like I said the pies have been shite this year but the win/loss at the Gabba is in their favour and this may inspire them to play hard and well. It will be a total downer (and w'end ruined) if we lose to that mob (although I'm indifferent to their club, I just hated Eddie. Whinging campaigner). GO LIONS! 🦁🔴🟡🔵🦁

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Some opposition teams are just hard to beat for some reason
For us that is the Pies
Bailey kicks goal after siren to win by 1 point earlier this year
Lions win by 9 points in 2020 in low scoring game 42-34
Prior to that our last win was in August 2014

Hope we put the away early so they don't get a sniff of victory

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
I'm excited about a fit Dizzy's return. Missed him badly on last year prelim.

Me too. I want him to play out of his skin but am prepared to temper my expectations obviously due to how much time he's been out. We are a much better side with him in so a couple of games before finals for him to get some match fitness means we start shaping up to be at full strength. A full strength Lions who play for 4 qtrs is going to instill fear in the opposition.

I'm feeling bad for the oppo teams already.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
Some opposition teams are just hard to beat for some reason
For us that is the Pies
Bailey kicks goal after siren to win by 1 point earlier this year
Lions win by 9 points in 2020 in low scoring game 42-34
Prior to that our last win was in August 2014

Hope we put the away early so they don't get a sniff of victory

Other bogey teams have been the swans and the Eagles. And the tigers until recently.

The pies resentment towards us for beating them in 2 GFs I think goes a long way towards why they tend to play well against us. Their superiority complex fuels their disdain for a so called 'nothing' club like the Lions. The beautiful thing about club's with a superiority complex is how a loss gives them and their supporters a kick in the nuts. Psychologically weakening both their sense of themselves, and themselves in relation to their supposed inferiors. I want us to give them another kick in the nuts.

Last edited:
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Getting divorce papers next week just need lions win tonight

Hope you are doing ok.

Listen to Louis CKs material about divorce. He puts it in a really positive, interesting perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back