Preview Round 22, 2021: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 14th August, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 21 45.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewart out should help King as he won't have to deal with Stewart intercepting our long bombs to him. King dominated against them last time even with Stewart in their team but he just couldn't convert it with his goalkicking, now that his goalkicking is sorted he could kick a big Plugger style bag.

Stewart out should help King as he won't have to deal with Stewart intercepting our long bombs to him. King dominated against them last time even with Stewart in their team but he just couldn't convert it with his goalkicking, now that his goalkicking is sorted he could kick a big Plugger style bag.
King isn’t 100%.

playing because the season is on the line.

Big call. Somehow, I think in 15 years you may be proven right.
You’d watch him a lot more than I do but I don’t remember these brain fades in the first 10 or so years? Eye gouging and deliberate high bumps to the head?
Cotchin has gotten dirtier over time too but he was always a trash bag.

Wow Stewart is a massive out.

Interesting game this week. Still think we lose but we may actually have a sniff, they've got a few coming back from injury that might be questionable.

Midfield wins games, but I think our smalls have to fire this game. Cats defence is tall, there’s like 4 blokes who are 192+ taller, but i don’t think none of them can match King in the air. The ball must hit the ground if King or Coops or Membrey can’t mark it especially if we are going to bomb it.

I honestly think this is our game to lose and we probably will considering how we perform when it really matters, it’s a do or die, i’m more than happy to be proven wrong, i hope i am.

King isn’t 100%.

Ok, I'll mark him down for just 5 goals then instead of 10.

We shouldn't be relying on King to win the game for us though, we need our other forwards like Membrey, Higgins, Kent, Butler and Sharman to step up and kick goals, they all did last week against Sydney apart from Butler but he laid the most tackles for us with 9 so he made up for it with pressure.

Midfield wins games, but I think our smalls have to fire this game. Cats defence is tall, there’s like 4 blokes who are 192+ taller, but i don’t think none of them can match King in the air. The ball must hit the ground if King or Coops or Membrey can’t mark it especially if we are going to bomb it.

I honestly think this is our game to lose and we probably will considering how we perform when it really matters, it’s a do or die, i’m more than happy to be proven wrong, i hope i am.
So is it safe to put some of my hard earned on the boys to pull off a big one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I think you've done a great job this week...well done! I reckon if you grew a bushy beard you 'd have that extra weight of opinion...IMO you are getting better every week! Well done!

And glasses...not a w***ery thick rimmed pair that suggests 18 hours of gaming a day, but a more scholarly pair that suggests an ability to read and write to a satisfactory level. A fine whiskey on the table too for gravitas (May I suggest some of you try the Irish Slane whiskey [I've seen it in Oz the last time I was home]..it's a bit more expensive than Jameson, but also more of a solid whiskey...plus you'll be supporting my local distillery 😉) But yeah...I actually listen to his stuff a good bit for info. Takes balls to put yourself on camera and extra balls to follow a team like ours. His analysis is usually good. He deserves kudo's. 👏

And glasses...not a w***ery thick rimmed pair that suggests 18 hours of gaming a day, but a more scholarly pair that suggests an ability to read and write to a satisfactory level. A fine whiskey on the table too for gravitas (May I suggest some of you try the Irish Slane whiskey [I've seen it in Oz the last time I was home]..it's a bit more expensive than Jameson, but also more of a solid whiskey...plus you'll be supporting my local distillery 😉) But yeah...I actually listen to his stuff a good bit for info. Takes balls to put yourself on camera and extra balls to follow a team like ours. His analysis is usually good. He deserves kudo's. 👏

Saints TV podcast is top notch listening too! Good group they’ve got. They won’t pull punches when we’re s**t but they don’t bully the players. They know how to have a laugh but do a decent job bringing to voice a lot of what the supporter base is thinking. I like that they also do a little research into our opposition seeing where they’ll beat us and where we’ll beat them.

King isn’t 100%.

Stick him in the goal square and let Sharman roam a little.
It’s a shame though, but I was surprised to hear he was back already with an adductor strain.

Saints TV podcast is top notch listening too! Good group they’ve got. They won’t pull punches when we’re sh*t but they don’t bully the players. They know how to have a laugh but do a decent job bringing to voice a lot of what the supporter base is thinking. I like that they also do a little research into our opposition seeing where they’ll beat us and where we’ll beat them.

I'll check it out. Cheers 🍻

It’s a shame though, but I was surprised to hear he was back already with an adductor strain.

If the forward line looks and plays like it did last week we ought to have enough fire power to trouble them a bit, especially since they're without Stewart. If King can knock the ball to ground, or is able to take a grab in the goal square, he'll warrant attention.
The mids are going to have to be properly switched on from the start. Crouch needs to get his head back in the game.
It'll be interesting with Hanner's in. I'm hoping he's on like the way he was in last year's final...dude oozed mojo Uber confidence. That s**t can resonate through the team like hippie crystals.

Roo played the 09 Granny with one. Did it that week on the track when there was like 10k fans at training going bananas.

no one noticed.

Roo played the 09 Granny with one. Did it that week on the track when there was like 10k fans at training going bananas.

no one noticed.

Well, I certainly didn’t - never heard that before! 🤣
Out and out champion. Such a shame they just couldn’t get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back