Review Round 22 2021 - GWS Giants v Richmond, 7.50 pm at Marvel Stadium, Fri 13 August

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Giants supporters for your win tonight against those Tigers and making everyone's night tonight as a result ;)

Good luck for the rest of your season & hopefully your mighty Giants can run deep into the finals, this year.

Kind regards,

Rest of the 16 AFL clubs in the competition :p
All the best to Lions going ahead.

All the best to Lions going ahead.
Thanks mate, I'll be part of the Giants bandwagon if the Lions get knocked out before your club in the finals, this season ;)

Thanks mate, I'll be part of the Giants bandwagon if the Lions get knocked out before your club in the finals, this season ;)
There is a lot to like about GWS. I think Whitfield is my favourite player on their list.

As for finals, I wouldn't mind the Doggies taking it out for my a Dads sake or the Dees to see them finally win one since what the 1950s?

Bit disappointing to see some post about us having a “fade out”

that’s not a fade out in the 4th… we had won the game and we eased off. That being professional. if we had pinged a hammy in the last qtr we would be blowing up

it’s just sensible that the hard work had been done and we need to think about the next month of footy

Amazing how not one single assigned match commentator knows anything whatsoever about our club.

Phil should just wander into the commentary box to end the humiliation for Ch 7.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You want to hear them calling our games and calling players by the wrong names. Mute is my best friend on the remote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that running game was spectacular. Fantastic win, great efforts by everyone on the ground. Guys are going to be hard done by to squeeze TFG and Phil Davis back in.

Taylor, Idun, Cumming were brilliant at the back - but the rest of the backline were pretty solid. Plenty of goal-kicking contributors, and the midfielders were really even (and great!).
Was really impressed with Stein as well tbh, never going to be someone that does heaps in offense but didn't feel like he lost any one-on-ones he should've won

Great win and building some momentum into hopefully finals

The stats looked to be very similar but the Giants disposals were just so much more effective and damaging and I will say partly due to the inexperienced Tigers players just not being up to it although more on that later

Ill discipline cost the Tigers and not just the 12 point turnaround from the 2 frees in the first 5 minutes it was throughout the game with the late cheapies penalised

Good game by Mumford to not let Nankervis get any real momentum going and he is on a goal scoring run late this season

Cumming with 2 great intercept marks and he looks comfortable at this level

I think it is good coaching by Cameron to have Ash play a more defensive midfield role and will really help develop him as a player and I think he understands that just with his body language he is 100% committed to the role

It is always interesting to see who won or lost the game and I thnk it went both ways The Tigers lost the game and the Giants won

The commentators are muppets and I do wonder if they get trolled on social media and they are afraid to upset a big supporter base
1 of the comments was about the players missing from the Tigers defence from last years GF and no mention of the inexperienced Giants defence

Total 278
Haynes 163
Taylor 50
Cumming 31
Idun 23
Stein 8
Peatling 3

Total 634
Grimes 191
Vlastuin 172
Short 113
Rioli 112
Stack 32
Garthwaite 14

I have only included what I think are the back 6 with several players from both sides playing stages in defence for the game but half the experience and only 2 Giants played in the 2019 GF where 4 Tigers are premiership players

Was really impressed with Stein as well tbh, never going to be someone that does heaps in offense but didn't feel like he lost any one-on-ones he should've won
He has been a very pleasant surprise the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:

he just needs to get a haircut. man, there are some shockers out there, across the competition and even at the Giants, but Stein’s is beyond abominable.

he just needs to get a haircut. man, there are some shockers out there, across the competition and even at the Giants, but Stein’s is beyond abominable.
I get the trendy mullets, they're not a bad look, but I agree with Stein's looks deadset '13 year old from Frankston that acts hard'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back