Game Day Round 22, 2022: St.Kilda v Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
When I look at tonight’s side I really see a side that probably should be in the bottom half of the ladder. There are at least 10 players there who probably either aren’t really ready or just ordinary players and won’t make the side better. Having said that if we bring our complete best effort we are a slight chance. Unfortunately brisbanes record at marvel lately is good. I think they win but I’m expecting a close game. Them by 2 to 3 goals. Then the pain finishes and we build for next year. Unfortunately degoey looks as if he is staying but we need someone like him. Burst and power and can kick goals. Doubt there are any available. Taranto just gets us a slightly better version of the same same midfield and if people aren’t sure about this same same midfield then bytel not getting a game proves it to me. More same same. No pace and can’t play elsewhere. Windhanger and owens have to come on quickly We will probably struggle for gresh to start next year but he is another vital mid who plays elsewhere.

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
Positivity lads

St Kilda hasn't played a Friday night match at Docklands against interstate opposition since Round 7, 2017.

Also, St Kilda are 6-0 this season when Jarrod Lienert starts in the team (rather than being sub).

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Positivity lads

St Kilda hasn't played a Friday night match at Docklands against interstate opposition since Round 7, 2017.

Also, St Kilda are 6-0 this season when Jarrod Lienert starts in the team (rather than being sub).
That last paragraph proves you can do anything with stats. Probably playing his last or second last game of afl footy. Hopefully he has at least two more wins with that stat.

Sep 26, 2021
Saturn
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
To me, this is a WIN/WIN game for us. In the unlikely event we bring 4 quarters of off the scale pressure,
enter our F50 efficiently and with some flair and somehow win, our season is alive for a further week.

We lose, we are finally put out of our misery and can start to get on with our lives again. WIN/WIN.

I might even have a bet on the Lions for added fun.

Last edited:

El HOSS

Team Captain
May 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
They're just a better side than us. Ultimately, their midfield includes some guns one of which is a Brownlow medallist who often pulls his team over the line when the moment requires it. I reckon their skills and efficiency is a fair way ahead of ours as well. Having said that, they are flakey and who knows what this St Kilda team will do on any given day. Max is due and we know he can get a hold of Andrews.

Saints by a point.

May 6, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Remember that feeling of looking forward to watching us play?

Yeah me neither.

It's out of some perverse obligation to see it through to the inevitably bitter end at this point.

On the plus side, we lose tonight and perhaps going from 8-3 to no finals (with as healthy a list as you'll get) will demonstrate to the board and our football dept heads that tinkering around the edges isn't going to cut it.

We need to drastically change what we are doing, because it is not working.

Last edited:

Saints TV

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
We need some mongrel tonight, more than just skill alone will be required to get our boys over the line. Even if we lose I want to see us go down swinging. Channel our inner Alistair Lynch in the 2004 Grand Final, let's see some literal fight for the club hey?

GO SAINTS

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
When I look at tonight’s side I really see a side that probably should be in the bottom half of the ladder. There are at least 10 players there who probably either aren’t really ready or just ordinary players and won’t make the side better. Having said that if we bring our complete best effort we are a slight chance. Unfortunately brisbanes record at marvel lately is good. I think they win but I’m expecting a close game. Them by 2 to 3 goals. Then the pain finishes and we build for next year. Unfortunately degoey looks as if he is staying but we need someone like him. Burst and power and can kick goals. Doubt there are any available. Taranto just gets us a slightly better version of the same same midfield and if people aren’t sure about this same same midfield then bytel not getting a game proves it to me. More same same. No pace and can’t play elsewhere. Windhanger and owens have to come on quickly We will probably struggle for gresh to start next year but he is another vital mid who plays elsewhere.
Tend to agree. The team on paper looks incredibly average. There's a fair bit of work to do but mostly we need some luck with Owens, Windy and Nasiah. A graders change everything, including making average players look better.

Tyrian Lonestar

All Australian
Dec 8, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Having a quiet one in preparation of the game tonight
Sad Will Ferrell GIF

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Remember that feeling of looking forward to watching us play?

Yeah me neither.

It's out of some perverse obligation to see it through to the inevitably bitter end at this point.

On the plus side, we lose tonight and perhaps going from 8-3 to no finals (with as healthy a list as you'll get) will demonstrate to the board and our football dept heads that tinkering around the edges isn't going to cut it.

We need to drastically change what we are doing, because it is not working.
What can they change though? They are obviously replacing mcglyn for a start and if you are honest with yourself that side looks pretty ordinary on paper. I’ve heard a bit discussed about the saints from various people on sen this week and not one has mentioned anything but it being an average list. I couldn’t agree more with them. Recruiting looks alright lately. Development seems to have worked this year. Changes in the footy department take time. No point in people mentioning previous development or recruiting. That’s over. It can’t be changed. Gradually fix things up that weren’t good enough and improvement can come quickly. As I said I think the lost looks ordinary but that doesn’t mean the current list won’t improve. We finally look like we have potential mids who are different to our regulars and can play elsewhere. That will make a huge difference in coming seasons. We can knock max but he has had a very good year. We aren’t far off. And I look forward to us playing every week of every year. Win or lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back