Autopsy Round 22, 2022: St.Kilda v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Those misses from King will stay with him until next year. Inexcusable. Out of the finals race because of our own inaccuracy.

Get a psychologist in and get these players out of the mental funk they've been in for years now. Bitterly disappointing.

As always, abuse isn't tolerated and exaggerated criticism is not allowed. This is fair warning.

Cheers guys

Tough loss, but give a hand for Mason wood.

Had kicked half our goals until halfway through the third qtr. Looked a star when he was near the ball. Kicked another to put us back in front at the end of the third.

Covered the most distance out of any player on the ground.

The total opposite to the game he played against the lions earlier this year where he had several turnovers. Fantastic effort to just about cap off a great season.

I’m not gonna bag Max.

He’s a kid. He’s had issues all year.

What is the club, collectively, doing to help him, and more importantly, develop him?

Or do they just think it will happen if they wait long enough?

PLAYER DEVELOPMENT!!!!!

Also, Yeah nah, Max King I’m sorry man but you can’t be the main forward and not reward the team like that. Every single miss was immensely costly. And his goal kicking is a legitimate problem now. I’m not just bagging him for this game, I respect the effort he puts in to get the shots. But it’s turned into an issue and I just hope we can work with Max to fix it!

We certainly can’t brush it off anymore it’s seriously costing us. And they’re not always hard set shots. Real momentum killers when he doesn’t kick them.

Maybe the coin will drop one day I’m not too sure but for now it’s more then just a “phase” it’s been a real pattern for the last 2 seasons.

As usual when it's there to be won we disappear. King and membery misses before 3 quarter time were absolute killers. Had a chance to really run over them and failed. Expected nothing less

And yes a shout out to Mason Wood, who ran the most out of anyone on the ground and kicked 4 goals. He was our best by far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not gonna bag Max.

He’s a kid. He’s had issues all year.

What is the club, collectively, doing to help him, and more importantly, develop him?

Or do they just think it will happen if they wait long enough?

PLAYER DEVELOPMENT!!!!!
He missed at least 3 from 30 or less directly in front.

That’s not development.

We wanted it. The effort was there.
But until we learn to kick we’re not getting it.
How demoralising for the rest of the team to watch that Goal kicking.

Sorry Max, you’re “it” tonight.
Hope it burns you the whole pre-season.

Too little too late in the season but if it puts the focus on poor kicking for goal over summer then that’s probably a good thing . Max unlike reiwoldt has not worked on his set shot technique. He can’t hide from that anymore. Get it right Max then come back and dominate

Just a shame that with in the next few years Windhager and Owens will be hopeless. Anyone that hasn't been played comes in with promise.

Did well to get in front despite a horrid start but it wasn't enough.

Great games from Windy and Owens, loving watching them run around. Clark did some great things and is building back to form, hopefully gets a better run at it next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back