Game Day Round 22, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need to make a statement tonight with a big win. Then we need to double down against Collingwood. The next couple of weeks are going to be fun.

Not game game stuff but nice to see an article on Ah Chee

"One week you're forward, then you're back, which is fine, you want to do what you can for the team and I'm happy to do that, but I had a chat with Fages about trying to get that consistency playing wing-forward.

"He was really open to it. He knows I've done that versatile role in the past.

"I feel like I play my best footy wing-forward and can bring my best footy in those positions and he was really open to me saying that.

"I think I've taken it with both hands, but if anything happens, I'm happy to play a role for the team.

"He's been a massive support. Ever since I've come back into the team, he's told me to keep backing myself and playing with the mindset I have been."

"One week you're forward, then you're back, which is fine, you want to do what you can for the team and I'm happy to do that, but I had a chat with Fages about trying to get that consistency playing wing-forward.

"I feel like I play my best footy wing-forward and can bring my best footy in those positions and he was really open to me saying that.

"I think I've taken it with both hands, but if anything happens, I'm happy to play a role for the team.

"He's been a massive support. Ever since I've come back into the team, he's told me to keep backing myself and playing with the mindset I have been."

Huge talent that hasn't shown anywhere near his best yet. A good run now will show everyone just how good he is.

Huge talent that hasn't shown anywhere near his best yet. A good run now will show everyone just how good he is.

Type of player who could win a norm Smith. Just made for big games.

At last we've seen the shackles taken off Cal. He now has the confidence to play with freedom that was often lacking partly because of where he was pigeonholed.

Nice to see it getting recognised. For all the talk of who we're going to give m/f minutes to no one seems to mention him when he's the most likely one to give us the right mix of defence and aggression.

Got a feeling crows will come out tooth and nail. This may very well be our biggest test. Teams like crows and saints in the last few week desperate for finals. Bring on the pre finals bye already.

Got a feeling crows will come out tooth and nail. This may very well be our biggest test. Teams like crows and saints in the last few week desperate for finals. Bring on the pre finals bye already.

Yeah at some we probably want to break them otherwise the game might play out similar to last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Bris atm, staying in New Farm, preparing myself for an inflated Uber fare to Woollongabba. Will be madness after the game as well - will probably just walk back.

In Bris atm, staying in New Farm, preparing myself for an inflated Uber fare to Woollongabba. Will be madness after the game as well - will probably just walk back.
Transport is free with your ticket so no need for an uber.
Link below to plan your trip.

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but I have 2 member's guest passes I'm not using this arvo in section 416. Free to a good home. Shoot me a DM if you're interested.

Transport is free with your ticket so no need for an uber.
Link below to plan your trip.
Thanks for that! I don't know Brisbane very well so there's a chance I'll get lost, haha.

Wish it was a degree or two warmer but this should do.

Crows could have really worried us with their speed. Rankine missing is a huge plus, as is their dropping of Rachelle (I know it sounds like he’s been totally out of form). Why would they play Sloane for a full game??

Hopefully we get plenty of ball into our forward line because they are very young and inexperienced down there.

The Lester problem

Jack of all trades is appreciated but it doesn't let the player develop their best.

Hope he is given the opportunity long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back