Review Round 22, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to feel a the same way. Love the guy, great endeavour, but think thatā€™s it. Three back up inside mids not up to it. Dev, Lyons and not very beasty.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lol, wouldn't know with Dev he gets shafted to the wing and half forward line, that's when he's not benched. Looking forward to Fagan dropping him again while others who are consistently poor continue to get runs.

A fit and firing Lachie Neale is the difference between us having a genuine flag tilt and just being an also-ran. Imperative we get him right.

After 5 years of being there abouts I donā€™t think that we should be saying ā€˜we arnt very good, but everyone else sucks too'
I don't want this to become a back and forth but for the record I'm not saying we're not very good, nor that everyone else sucks. There are a lot of good teams, and there's a hell of a lot of pressure on every one of them to keep winning and finish as high as possible to firstly make the cut, and then to maximise their chances come finals.

Wow - from the defensive 50? You must have impressive crystal balls

Haha more so I had a very good view of the okay from my seat. We had three players alone ready to run into the forward 50. If Starce hits his pass they could have almost walked into the goals. Would have been very hard to * that up had the pass come off.

Haha more so I had a very good view of the okay from my seat. We had three players alone ready to run into the forward 50. If Starce hits his pass they could have almost walked into the goals. Would have been very hard to * that up had the pass come off.
It was right in front of me as well, but the fact that we had a 3 on 1 in defensive 50 should also mean that we need to bring the ball into an area where we are outnumbered. There are millions of possible outcomes and a goal to us was nowhere near a certainty.

Crowd 30,107
Pretty low turnout for a sellout game.
I realize the Matildas played, and the EKKA was on.

The club could not do much more to promote the game giving away $50,000 in prizes.
It was a sellout. The actual attendance figure is pretty much meaningless, and was largely due to the large empty areas in the Gabba members area behind the cameras. I assume they were at Lang Park, and to be honest who can blame them. What a night for Brisbane sport.

It was right in front of me as well, but the fact that we had a 3 on 1 in defensive 50 should also mean that we need to bring the ball into an area where we are outnumbered. There are millions of possible outcomes and a goal to us was nowhere near a certainty.

Okay, I'll say a 90% chance at goal instead of 100. Either way, Starce hits that kick and there was a very high probability we score.

I'll give you a 90% chance of a F50 entry with a chance of scoring. We had 49 F50 entries on the night but only kicked 15 goals.

If we get the entry and it's 3 Lions v one Crow (a first year player), I sincerely doubt we don't score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But there were 17 Crows between the ball and our goal 120m away. Are they letting us stroll past?

If he hit that kick, there wouldn't have been much they could do.

I wouldn't say I have confidence - other than the sort of confidence you might have when entering a lottery, because that's what the premiership is at the moment. That's what I mean when I say we have as much chance as anyone.

We could easily lose week 1 whatever our mental state is though, and I'm not going to throw the toys out of the cot if we do. All the teams in the 8 are playing at about the same level at the moment IMO.

I completely agree that no team is playing perfectly and itā€™s there to be won. There arenā€™t any teams the calibre of the Cats last year or dees in 2021.

Unfortunately for us the grand final is not played at our home ground but is at the home ground of 2 other top 4 teams and the blues who look likely to finish 5th. If we had the luxury of a Gabba grand final this year weā€™d be a short priced favourite but thatā€™s not the case.

I think we have to go to another level on our current form to win it whereas the pies and dees can probably get away with it.

Seriously though, we are winning against teams finishing the season strong while not playing well, these are very good signs if we come good in time and I think we will.

i just can't see where we can guaranteed to go up another gear. We've seen the complete game we are capable of only a few times this year. Never a full game but a quarter, or in the case of the demons game, a half of scintillating football.

Pies, Port, Melbourne even the Blues have shown they can play their top brand of footy much more consistently than us. I like watching the Pies and Power play as you know they are pretty much going to play great football. The median Lions v Pies v Port games i have the Pies ahead by quiet a bit and then Port.

But there were 17 Crows between the ball and our goal 120m away. Are they letting us stroll past?

It kind of feels like like youā€™re arguing for the sake of arguing

If he hit that kick, there wouldn't have been much they could do.
I am with you, unless 2 of our 3 out in the open fall over a blade of grass that is a goal, IMO 99% chance. We were on a roll and dominating at that stage, momentum shifted immediately on that howler.

FWIW I thought Starc was excellent after that mistake, didn't go into his shell/sulk and kudos to him for that.

Back