Game Day Round 22, 2023 : West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't going to be any worse than we are in 2023.

Everyone going "reeee, we're still old, once the senior players go we'll be so much worse..." without realizing the senior players and stale management is the handbreak we need to release.

Get more youth in, more pre seasons into our draftees, new coaches, new staff, new medicos, an actual MC who holds players accountable, and the improvement will come.

Feels like the last month we’ve taken a couple of steps forward but tonight feels like we’ve taken 10 steps back, all that competitive hard work unraveled, so disappointing.

Thats the first time ive ever left at 3qtr time it looked like 20k did the same.

Normally I sneak out halfway through the 4th to get home to my kid, get a seat on an early train without any dramas....

Tonight we were down 100 odd so I pulled the pin at 3QT.... I swear half the stadium did the same. Never seen that before. The line for the trains getting out was a nightmare.

Good. Hopefully Nesbitt noticed, but I doubt it.

Well we had all our senior players playing tonight who will be there next year except barrass. Did it help the team not really, lets try something different offload all our senior players prefer to watch a bunch of young guys running around and losing than watching the same old guys running around and losing still.

I like how the game finished 90 mins ago and we're all just refusing to make an autopsy thread 😆

The Simpsons GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So updates from simmo on Petch and Hough.

Petch: tonsillitis found out today.
Hough: Crook all week, took too many puffs on his inhaler today and would have possibly breached some rules regarding doses if he played. kid was unaware until the docs quized him on it all hence why he was pulled so late.

Normally I sneak out halfway through the 4th to get home to my kid, get a seat on an early train without any dramas....

Tonight we were down 100 odd so I pulled the pin at 3QT.... I swear half the stadium did the same. Never seen that before. The line for the trains getting out was a nightmare.

Good. Hopefully Nesbitt noticed, but I doubt it.
Doubt he would recognise you.

Cockburn crowd surprised me with how quiet they were, the Richmond fans among others this year were way louder and more obnoxious. Not impressed.

Was pumped after watching the Matilda’s win on the train, great atmosphere on there! Everyone had it on their phone but were looking at the one guy’s reactions whose lag wasn’t 10-20seconds behind 😆 Best part of the night.

Bit of a nothing game really, glad we had relatives to catch up with around the bars. We didn’t go back to our seats after half time until the very end, right when JW kicked his goal. He had a good game I thought, used his body well, despite the fact he was supposed to be resting.

Maybe McGovern was the only player that could be labelled ‘good’. Liked Hunt’s run.

Sooner this season is over the better.

Eagles medical team is a ducking joke, should be out on their arses.

I really like Hewett. His power through a stoppage is outstanding for a first year player. Regularly hits a stoppage at full tilt and gets hand on the ball first and once in a few years time he'll be pushing through/around tackles consistently. Has genuine burst and most importantly knows when to use it. Plus his possession tallies are very tidy given his age, and in a team getting smacked most weeks, and playing fwd/mid. And a number of good tackles today. His kicking has been sloppy but expect that to improve significantly.

Jack Williams I think has something too. I was concerned about his agility and perhaps competiteveness, but I think both are fine for his size. Couple nice grabs tonight. I expect he'll play a lot of AFL footy.

Chesser is slowly building.

Rotham although often a dissapointment I think could actually still be a good player given a coach who backs him in. Just feel like we're not getting the best out of him.

Also if Henry isn't happy with what the Dockers are offering then I think we should have a proper dip at him. He is finding the footy consistently on the wing (not necessarily an easy feat these days), has genuine pace and kicking appears good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back