Game Day Round 22, 2023 : West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't watch the match last night.
Just checked the scores and good we got the memo. Wasn't expecting to go down by 100 points though but at the end of the day last night's match will be remembered by no one. A complete nothing match. Even before the first bounce it was a dead rubber.

Harley Reid still on track to us.
Next year Reid Gibney Hewitt Culley.
Have high hopes for this future midfield. Will be a thing of beauty.

To be fair, a lot of us didn't want us to win the game in case we lose Reid (and were even worried when we dominated very early on).
Perhaps the club and the players had the same mindset that it wasn't a game we needed to win, and went too far the other way. 😅
The hope is we can strike a balance and at least show some sort of effort in the final 2 matches.

Doubt it.
If Simpson can’t show better game planning and player development, than he has the past two years, then he is as good as gone at the end of season 2024.

If he’s here for Round 1 2024 then we are in worse shape as a club than my already low opinion thinks we are

I really like Hewett. His power through a stoppage is outstanding for a first year player. Regularly hits a stoppage at full tilt and gets hand on the ball first and once in a few years time he'll be pushing through/around tackles consistently. Has genuine burst and most importantly knows when to use it. Plus his possession tallies are very tidy given his age, and in a team getting smacked most weeks, and playing fwd/mid. And a number of good tackles today. His kicking has been sloppy but expect that to improve significantly.

Jack Williams I think has something too. I was concerned about his agility and perhaps competiteveness, but I think both are fine for his size. Couple nice grabs tonight. I expect he'll play a lot of AFL footy.

Chesser is slowly building.

Rotham although often a dissapointment I think could actually still be a good player given a coach who backs him in. Just feel like we're not getting the best out of him.

Also if Henry isn't happy with what the Dockers are offering then I think we should have a proper dip at him. He is finding the footy consistently on the wing (not necessarily an easy feat these days), has genuine pace and kicking appears good.

There are several players at the club that we aren’t getting the best out of because they aren’t in Simmo’s group. That has, and still does, include guys like Petrel.

There’s a reason why some of us argued for Simmo going at mid season and that was so the list could be analysed with a fresh set of eyes.

Instead we just get more of the same s**t ..

recruiting Clark as a ready made inside mid and not giving him one full game in the midfield when you have absolutely nothing to lose just seems cruel

It’s the way Simmo operates. He forms a view on what his 22 will look like and he forms a view on the roles players will play within that group. When it goes a bit pear shaped or when we need to try things he’s perpetually surprised when they work.

He’s not a good tactical coach in terms of game day, adjustments or lateral thinking.

We aren't going to be any worse than we are in 2023.

Everyone going "reeee, we're still old, once the senior players go we'll be so much worse..." without realizing the senior players and stale management is the handbreak we need to release.

Get more youth in, more pre seasons into our draftees, new coaches, new staff, new medicos, an actual MC who holds players accountable, and the improvement will come.

Indeed. Which was/is one of the more compelling arguments for binning Simmo mid season. We desperately need fresh voices, ideas and eyes at the club. Simmo is front and centre as regards that staleness and that handbrake.

Already switched off and waiting for the off-season.
Like others, thought the team was starting to show progress and building towards the end, with accountable football and smaller losing margins, something to hang your hat on for the pre-season.
A home game, a derby, mild weather, and a pathetic performance? No excuses (flu, coughs,illness, selection) justify that unprofessional display of football.
Simmo continues to smirk and joke and squirm his way through the embarrassing press conferences.
The Dorkers just ran over some roadkill so it was a very hollow victory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s quite clear that this generation of players don’t believe in playing for “pride in the guernsey”. They’re simply going through the motions playing out the season ready for another 9 week holiday.

The 22 that lined up last night included a number of OOC blokes (Foley, Clark, O’Neill, LEdwards) who have likely already been advised by their management that they won’t be getting contracts for next year. Not much of an incentive to play well.

Round 24 can’t come soon enough. I just hope the club are proactive and announce the list changes the week of the pre-finals bye rather than piss farting around and keeping their fans in the dark like they have the past few years. Place needs a major clean out.

Also if Henry isn't happy with what the Dockers are offering then I think we should have a proper dip at him. He is finding the footy consistently on the wing (not necessarily an easy feat these days), has genuine pace and kicking appears good.

We treated him with absolute contempt. Didn't man him up at all. Even when he jogged from his wing to an actual contest we'd leave him unmanned.

I did like it when he was 150m away from the ball carrier, all alone, waving his arms for the ball though 🤣

I'm sure he touched it a few times but he had zero impact.

Luke Edwards is contracted next season. I think he’s too limited athletically to make it in the AFL.

It’s a shame because I think if he had a bit more toe he’d be a bloody good player.
He will probably get better once the team gets better around him. He's the sort of player that is going to look terrible in a bad team.

Well that was disgusting. Left at 3 quarter time and by the number of people pouring out of the stadium you could have been forgiven in thinking the game was over. The Joondalup line station hadn't even had the gates at the top of the stairs open by the time I got to it, think it caught Transperth a little off guard.

Watched the soccer at the Camfield. Was full and a good atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back