Banter Round 22: At least we didn't lose by 100 pts vs the new expansion teams will win a flag before you

Who will win a flag first

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that Fitzroy has won more finals than Richmond since 1982. It's been tough with no premierships as a Freo supporter in our 23 year history but I'm thankful we haven't had to endure that level of sh*tness for the past 35 years.
Date: Sat, 18-May-1996 2:10 PM
Fitzroy 5.3.33 8.3.51 13.7.85 16.11.107
Fremantle 2.1.13 3.5.23 4.10.34 10.16.76

Last side to ever lose to Fitzroy, at a time when everyone was flogging them.

leaked from the whiteboard of the Richmond change rooms this week.
1 If you give Ballantyne a free kick you'll get dragged. (Give him 50 and you'll never play for Richmond again)
2 Someone take out Fyfe. I don't care who.
3. If Mundy gets a shot on goal after the siren you're all a pack of c##nts

leaked from the whiteboard of the Richmond change rooms this week.
1 If you give Ballantyne a free kick you'll get dragged. (Give him 50 and you'll never play for Richmond again)
2 Someone take out Fyfe. I don't care who.
3. If Mundy gets a shot on goal after the siren you're all a pack of c##nts
From the Freo whiteboard:
1: Just lose. We need all the draft pick help we can get!!!

Not sore ... top 4!
Is it true that since you won your last flag, in a semi professional suburban league and Bartlett could still pull off a combover, Fitzroy has more finals wins?

no.gif

Let me check the Interwebz...

Search result is in.

Laugh Heston.gif

Is it true that since you won your last flag, in a semi professional suburban league and Bartlett could still pull off a combover, Fitzroy has more finals wins?

View attachment 404474

Search result is in.

View attachment 404475
Ummmm, yeah, search result is in and the answer is no.
403903_d67391f3eadffdbacf4bb98f971a86f1.gif

EDIT: Oh, hang on. Were you laughing at yourself?????

Are you sure everyone was flogging them? Can you please provide previous weeks scores...

View attachment 404474

Search result is in.

View attachment 404475

Yeah much like how norf have finished 9th more than us fotzroy have not won more finals than us

Exactly! We were absolute rubbish when we started out (just the year prior) because we had zero concessions. Yet Fitzroy + Freo have won 4 times more finals than Richmond since 1982. It's pretty embarrassing. Kudos to you all for standing behind a club that only senior citizens (with decent memories) can remember achieving anything at all.

They are still reminiscing about 40 years ago. Must be pretty exciting to go back and watch that black and white footage of their last premiership.

855b3f7a5ceef87ceca16ac29cad211f.jpg
You did not have a colour TV in 1980?

Exactly! We were absolute rubbish when we started out (just the year prior) because we had zero concessions. Yet Fitzroy + Freo have won 4 times more finals than Richmond since 1982. It's pretty embarrassing. Kudos to you all for standing behind a club that only senior citizens (with decent memories) can remember achieving anything at all.
At least people can remember us achieving something. You guys though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, it's pretty embarrassing comparing our finals record against Richmond's.

It's like shouting "I'm richer than you" at the homeless guy sleeping at the sidewalk.

Not quite sure what the point is of comparing Richmond with Fitzroy + Fremantle but I'll join in:
Fitzroy + Fremantle = 8 flags
Richmond = 10 flags.
NEXT..................

Not quite sure what the point is of comparing Richmond with Fitzroy + Fremantle but I'll join in:
Fitzroy + Fremantle = 8 flags
Richmond = 10 flags.
NEXT..................
You lot continue with this line about flags in a time we weren't in the competition. This is like us going we've also won 10 premierships because South Fremantle had won 10 in the WAFL before Fremantle joined the AFL. You haven't won a single premiership since either it became the AFL (not the VFL) or we joined the AFL. Our clubs are equally rubbish and neither have won a single AFL premiership.

You lot continue with this line about flags in a time we weren't in the competition. This is like us going we've also won 10 premierships because South Fremantle had won 10 in the WAFL before Fremantle joined the AFL. You haven't won a single premiership since either it became the AFL (not the VFL) or we joined the AFL. Our clubs are equally rubbish and neither have won a single AFL premiership.
rofl-3e.gif
That's some quality BS right there!!!!
I'll tell you for the last time - we have 10 AFL premierships. Google it. AFL is just a new name, not a new comp!
Anyway,
NEXT..............

View attachment 404663
That's some quality BS right there!!!!
I'll tell you for the last time - we have 10 AFL premierships. Google it. AFL is just a new name, not a new comp!
Anyway,
NEXT..............
No, you have 10 VFL Premierships because that was the name of the competition when you won them. If you go look at your trophies they won't have AFL engraved in them ;) I think that might be a more reliable source than 'Google' :D

No, you have 10 VFL Premierships because that was the name of the competition when you won them. If you go look at your trophies they won't have AFL engraved in them ;) I think that might be a more reliable source than 'Google' :D
1909, 1918 and 1933 cups have South Melbourne engraved on them and yet Sydney still has 5 flags!! Go figure.
ANYWAY .......... Enough about that. I know it's the banter thread but a serious question. Not sure if you're in WA but what are Freo supporters thoughts on the new stadium? Is it looking like being an exciting development?

1909, 1918 and 1933 cups have South Melbourne engraved on them and yet Sydney still has 5 flags!! Go figure.
ANYWAY .......... Enough about that. I know it's the banter thread but a serious question. Not sure if you're in WA but what are Freo supporters thoughts on the new stadium? Is it looking like being an exciting development?

Yeah the stadium's looking pretty awesome....

... Anyway, back to mindless banter. I'd like to bring you back to this marvellous day.

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/24/port-v-rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back